Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So it’s yet another AoA. How original.
    My thoughts exactly.

I'll be at New York Comic-Con and will provide you all with real time info. from the panel.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I'll be at New York Comic-Con and will provide you all with real time info. from the panel.
    You are a gem and an X-King. Thank you!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You are a gem and an X-King. Thank you!
    You're welcome!!
    Mutant and Proud!

I don’t see this as AU, but rather actual events that occur in 616 but get undone by killing a Moira clone. Same thing? Maybe. Maybe not.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Well I have zero interest in a AU event and even less interest in a Sinister focused story so I guess in January I will be taking a break from the X-Books.
    I'm already counting down the days until this event is over.

I wonder at what point Sinister will reset the timeline. Before Krakoa? Before Destiny is resurrected? Before Krakotinis have been invented?

I wonder at what point Sinister will reset the timeline. Before Krakoa? Before Destiny is resurrected? Before Krakotinis have been invented?
    Can he reset the timeline to before the clones were made? If not, he can only go up to just after Inferno.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Can he reset the timeline to before the clones were made? If not, he can only go up to just after Inferno.
    Oh yeah, that makes sense. I had forgotten when exactly they were made.

Astonishing Member

What this event should be

-Greycrow finally let’s people know Sinister was a Nazi concentration camp doctor at Auschwitz.
    -Magneto makes the connection the the doctor who experimented on a bunch of people he knows.
    -Eighty-eight splash pages of Magneto killing Sinister and then having the five bring him back so he can keep on killing him.

Add an additional story about nuGorgon exterminating Hydra.

Gold.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    What this event should be

-Greycrow finally let’s people know Sinister was a Nazi concentration camp doctor at Auschwitz.
    -Magneto makes the connection the the doctor who experimented on a bunch of people he knows.
    -Eighty-eight splash pages of Magneto killing Sinister and then having the five bring him back so he can keep on killing him.

Add an additional story about nuGorgon exterminating Hydra.

Gold.
    I can't believe no one knows a Sinister was the Nazi doctor. That requires some real suspension of disbelief in this world of telepaths and super-detectives. I think the question is whether the Nazi doctor was this Sinister, or one of what I believe we will see are many copies spread through out the world at various times.

'We are Legion, for we are many..."

I think people want to believe no one knows how truly evil Sinister and the other bad guys on the C are because it brings up the really awkward question of how our 'heroes' are so focused on the 'ends of our mutant ethnostate justify literally any and all means' that even a 'self-made mutant' terrorist/serial killer/evil scientist to who being a concentration camp doctor is really just par for the course is invited to be one of the highest leaders in their govt.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I can't believe no one knows a Sinister was the Nazi doctor. That requires some real suspension of disbelief in this world of telepaths and super-detectives. I think the question is whether the Nazi doctor was this Sinister, or one of what I believe we will see are many copies spread through out the world at various times.

'We are Legion, for we are many..."

I think people want to believe no one knows how truly evil Sinister and the other bad guys on the C are because it brings up the really awkward question of how our 'heroes' are so focused on the 'ends of our mutant ethnostate justify literally any and all means' that even a 'self-made mutant' terrorist/serial killer/evil scientist to who being a concentration camp doctor is really just par for the course is invited to be one of the highest leaders in their govt.
    Well in Sinister's case they gave him a seat because it's his DNA catalog that is critical to the protocols. But many on the QC have made it clear that they recognize him as a despicable villain.

It's an interesting thing because when it comes to governing the nation, do you want all members of the council to be in complete lockstep and vote the same? If they want to stay true to the goal of Krakoa being for all mutants, representation is important. Sometimes difficult decisions have to be made and sometimes heroes can't make them alone. That said, I've felt for a while that they need a council member that represents the civilians. Not a super-powered hero or villain, just your everyday mutant. But then at that point I'd just prefer elections and letting the people decide.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Well in Sinister's case they gave him a seat because it's his DNA catalog that is critical to the protocols. But many on the QC have made it clear that they recognize him as a despicable villain.

It's an interesting thing because when it comes to governing the nation, do you want all members of the council to be in complete lockstep and vote the same? If they want to stay true to the goal of Krakoa being for all mutants, representation is important. Sometimes difficult decisions have to be made and sometimes heroes can't make them alone. That said, I've felt for a while that they need a council member that represents the civilians. Not a super-powered hero or villain, just your everyday mutant. But then at that point I'd just prefer elections and letting the people decide.
    There is no debating how useful Sinister is. To be fair, this whole 'Nazi's re really useful thing' is actually ripped from real life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip. USA did the same thing in the Cold War...

And I happen to think him and Shaw are two of the best written and most fun characters of Immortal, so I love seeing him all the time. Chaotic Evil and Neutral Evil (as well as Emma's Lawful Evil) are very much necessary in any story.

But in this Krakoa era I am continuously baffled how we (both X-writers and a large portion of the fandom) seem to just push aside the moral implications of the Mutants' choices, no matter how bad, that would be looked at so differently in any other context. The connection some people have to the Mutants (and likely their history of persecution) seems to transcend their normal morality, distrust of government, opposition to exploiting the masses, and sense of fairness. (Particularly the RR mindwipe, more than anything else. To me, that was straight up villain ****!) Personally, I find this reaction the most fascinating part of the Krakoa era.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    There is no debating how useful Sinister is. To be fair, this whole 'Nazi's re really useful thing' is actually ripped from real life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip. USA did the same thing in the Cold War...

And I happen to think him and Shaw are two of the best written and most fun characters of Immortal, so I love seeing him all the time. Chaotic Evil and Neutral Evil (as well as Emma's Lawful Evil) are very much necessary in any story.

But in this Krakoa era I am continuously baffled how we (both X-writers and a large portion of the fandom) seem to just push aside the moral implications of the Mutants' choices, no matter how bad, that would be looked at so differently in any other context. The connection some people have to the Mutants (and likely their history of persecution) seems to transcend their normal morality, distrust of government, opposition to exploiting the masses, and sense of fairness. (Particularly the RR mindwipe, more than anything else. To me, that was straight up villain ****!) Personally, I find this reaction the most fascinating part of the Krakoa era.
    Maybe someone should do a poll to see what readers think, because it seems there's quite a few here that are into the idea of a potential coup led by Jean and Cyclops. Frankly, I'm down for it. I'm pro-Krakoa 7 days a week, twice on Wednesday, for everything it stands for. But a lot of the politics of it are indeed icky, and that's super fun.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree with Sibling...the QC as is needs to be disassembled and reformed entirely. Hopefully after Sinister is eradicated and Suck Fest is done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!