Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, theyÂ’re kind of killing EwingÂ’s book with this. I mean, I was looking forward to the eventual X-men Red hardcover but now itÂ’s got two events derailing it and I feel like it wonÂ’t read as well as a standalone series because of it. YouÂ’d have to know what was going on with A.X.E. Judgment Day and now Sins of Sinister to follow the story. So that kind of kills its standalone momentum, despite the fact that Ewing wrote some damn good tie in issues for A.X.E. I wish they could just let the man tell his story for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    And people wonder why we complain so much about these eventzzz...

Let these people tell their stories ffs.

Exactly I find it crazy that everything is derailed even if ewing is also responsible since he accepts all his events, x-men red is currently telling "the abigail brand arc" I have already said how much I hated the characterization of ewing of abigail by transforming her into a traitor which is for me a character assassination of the same level as moira (see worse) and which makes no sense and is useless in the end except to ruin an excellent character.

If we look closely the abigail arc starts with x-men#1 where abigail starts these plans with ororo then continues in x-men red#2 and x-men red#3 with the progenitor and the fight of vulcan against tarn, x -men red 4 focuses on ressurection of xandra which means that the arc abigail stops at x-men red 3.

x-men red 5.6 and 7 are judgment day tie-ins, it took 3 months! so that the abigail arc resumes in november and december with x-men red 8 and 9 but according to the synopsis of red 9 abigail is already in the final phase of her plans? seriously? how is it possible after so few issue? she had just started her plans in red 3 that means that Abigail's arc stops in red 9 and will last only 5 issue (x-men red 1.2 ,3,8 and 9)?
    what's the point of turning abigail into a traitor if it's so that she loses and her arc is derailed by the events and only lasts 5 issues so much to keep grynch alive finally what a mess.

Ewing said in an interview that Abigail was going to have to speed up her plans because of judgment day I understand why it's going so fast now I liked the three tie ins of ax judgment day but I would have preferred that ewing write three issues which continues its main story, because in the end marvel derailed the series with judgment day as with S.W.O.R.D.
    If the abigail arc ends in red 9 how will ewing manage to tell a good story and give us good explanations about abigail's betrayal and plans in just two issues?

Then we have x-men red 10 in January I don't know what it's going to say maybe the end of the abigail arc if she's not finished in red 9 but sees a new team, ewing said that the the story after abigail will be on the arakki but again after 3 issue only x-men red will still be derailed after x-men red 10 with sin of sinister and are tie in from 3 issue storm and the brotherhoods and are alternate history which is ends in April... 3 months!!! another 3 months of waiting to have x-men red 11 and find the main story in May lol how not to go crazy with all its events which stop the series continuously.

We can assume that x-men red 12 will be released in June at the same time as the helfire gala 2023 and that x-men red 13 and its story about the arakki and galactic politics will take place in the middle of the fall of x, the good news is is that I don't see the arakki still attacking if ewing has to tell their stories lol

Even though I'm not a fan of everything ewing does in x-men red, that marvel lets ewing tell his story properly after sin of sinister.
    Last edited by mugen; 10-09-2022 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

Divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Oh wow! How the Hellion did they let a cover with him on it slip through, even back then? lol

And I don't get this hate against Sinister. He is so delightfully evil and fun to despise. A great counterpoint to the other villains. Like a sliding scale of Emma--Shaw--Destiny/Mystique--Sinister.
    I'm personally done with Sinister on the QC. As a straight-up villain though I think he can be great. I just need not see him at every work meeting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't know if the checklist for this event was posted already?

Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I don't know if the checklist for this event was posted already?

Hadn't noticed till now that the issue order seems to change each month, that's interesting.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Divine.

I'm personally done with Sinister on the QC. As a straight-up villain though I think he can be great. I just need not see him at every work meeting.
    I agree on that count. One of my main objections to the Krakoan age is this Pax Mutana where everyone is getting along so well, even with the scheming. I've always liked mutant vs. mutant stories best, with some human bigots to knock around popping up here and there like whack-a-mole. It then makes the biggest threats where all the mutants have to come together to survive more compelling IMO.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

The fact that other books are going to continue on after SOS just makes the whole thing feel even more pointless. If its not effecting those books, what's the point? It must not be a big deal.

Its kind of a weird Catch 22 that Marvel only has themselves to blame for. If it derails those books, then its another example of the plans of writers getting upended by event comics, and everyone hates that. But if it doesn't, then the event doesn't really seem to matter.

That's been part of the problem with AXE. Solicits have basically spoiled that most of the important characters stick around and just continue doing what they were doing beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Solicits have basically spoiled that most of the important characters stick around and just continue doing what they were doing beforehand.
    So?

That's how superhero comics have always worked.

The main characters tend to survive the current stories so that they can continue appearing in future comics that the publisher wants to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The fact that other books are going to continue on after SOS just makes the whole thing feel even more pointless. If its not effecting those books, what's the point? It must not be a big deal.

Its kind of a weird Catch 22 that Marvel only has themselves to blame for. If it derails those books, then its another example of the plans of writers getting upended by event comics, and everyone hates that. But if it doesn't, then the event doesn't really seem to matter.

That's been part of the problem with AXE. Solicits have basically spoiled that most of the important characters stick around and just continue doing what they were doing beforehand.
    I think that's why it's important that these events have some kind of lasting impact to the status quo, as other posters have mentioned. And in this case I hope it's the end of Sinister for a good while.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Unfortunately...even if Diamond Sinister is gone we still have Club Sinister (great name for a club) to deal with over at Orchis. Though...he actually seems more tolerable as his Dr. Stasis persona.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Unfortunately...even if Diamond Sinister is gone we still have Club Sinister (great name for a club) to deal with over at Orchis. Though...he actually seems more tolerable as his Dr. Stasis persona.
    Yeah I don't mind Club Sinister as much. He's a straightforward psychopath.

I just remembered that he installed/planted something during the Hellfire Gala. Was that ever revisited?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah I don't mind Club Sinister as much. He's a straightforward psychopath.

I just remembered that he installed/planted something during the Hellfire Gala. Was that ever revisited?
    can be modok drug not? I may be wrong but in the x-men 18 cover I have the impression that synch is fighting against drugged humans

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    can be modok drug not? I may be wrong but in the x-men 18 cover I have the impression that synch is fighting against drugged humans
    Oh interesting. Yeah they do look drugged or possessed on that cover. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    So?

That's how superhero comics have always worked.

The main characters tend to survive the current stories so that they can continue appearing in future comics that the publisher wants to sell.
    It matters when events are hyped as basically the only time actual changes to the status quo can happen. Extra so now that even minor character death has no meaning. And for the X line, a lot of seemingly big or important things have happened that don't really change anything. And now that we have a big Sinister event, where his Big Move, which was hinted at from day 1 of HoXPoX, doesn't actually change the status quo? Just feels like a waste. Which is extra bad when you're starting from 'alt-bad-future' story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. I especially like it as potential commentary on and critique of transhumanist idealism vs. cyberpunk cynicism, insofar as superpower-granting technologies simply worsening social divisions among humankind at large, with the elite effectively being a superhuman overclass reigning over an effectively permanent underclass. Could also be a good concept for a relaunch or reboot of X-Men 2099, though I don't blame you if you want to keep it separate from Marvel 2099. Speaking of cyberpunk and X-Men, however, I did like that What If? X-Men one-shot from 2018 as well; could at least be expanded into a miniseries, if not necessarily an ongoing.
    I have to admit that yes i would prefer to keep it seperated from Marvel 2099 for two reasons.

First i think that the overall 2099 setting just didn't catch on as it's own thing, but rather remains being mostly remembered as the support structure for Spiderman 2099, who was the stand out character and story of it. So any other work will always just stay in the allready slim shadow of Miguel O'Hara, at least as far as i can see it.

Not to forget that using an allready established setting just creates uncessary boundaries on what could be done, used or visualized.

Which brings me to my second reason, which is that i think a completely new stand alone setting (one where ONLY the X-men, mutants and their characters exist), would allow for a far greater degree of narrative freedom, especialy in regards to where the X-men fall into the backstory and what impact the presence of mutants had on this world and for how long.

For example, instead of having to place this world in a future from our point of view, it could actualy be a future from the point of the very first X-men adventures in 1963.

Basicly in this world, there wasn't a sliding time scale. Instead the X-men were formed in 1963 and Magneto revealed the presence of mutants to the world shortly thereafter, so we are now looking 50 years ahead in a world that underwent massive technological leaps thanks to the sudden presence of mutants (Trask's creation of the Sentinels alone would have revolutionized several fields of technology).

This would also have the advantage of allowing to use the giant library of "lesser" X-men characters (New X-men looking at you) in new or old roles instead of having to create a whole new series of untested and unproven characters and designs. Especialy since this would be the ONE scenario where the original and popular character can't easily block the younger ones from rising to promince anymore, since the entire point of this history would be that they had their adventures, they ended and everyone retired or moved on because of how the world has changed.

But this specific scenario aside. That's why i would prefer a new one over giving X-men 2099 another chance.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-10-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'll only be getting SatB.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!