Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mystique occasionally gets a sympathetic angle yeah,
    I did say in-verse. Apart from her family, nobody cares about Mystique's hypocritical angst and histrionics.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    [...]but Sinister and Shaw are both utterly self-serving scum with no regard for anything or anyone else outside their own ambitions or greed, and as such, they should never have been trusted with the kind of power they've since enjoyed through the Quiet Council. Shaw even twice went and bargained with the enemies of mutantkind for his own survival and advancement since joining Krakoa, so yeah, next time he dies --- preferably after getting discovered for the snake he is and always will be --- put him in the back of the resurrection line.
    Still too kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Actually, speaking of Sinister on the Council, the new Marauders issue gave me something to chew on.

spoilers:
    If Cerebra's biometric scans can work with Cerebro backups or something, they won't need Sinister. They'll have every bit of DNA he has and more. If things work out that way, the only obstacles they have are Sinister's Moira clones, and the fact that his own duplicates probably litter the island like cockroaches.
    end of spoilers
    Oh yes. I'd be all for it especially if it meant kicking Sinister to the curb once and for all.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Though if Sinny is kicked out, I can also see him becoming a bigger threat than ever. Without the need to scurry around like a mouse, he'll be free to make bigger moves. He'll be directly emboldened to strike back at Krakoa, and the first generation of chimeras could be created specifically to ruin the nation. His betrayal would happen much sooner, which could be a good or bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Though if Sinny is kicked out, I can also see him becoming a bigger threat than ever. Without the need to scurry around like a mouse, he'll be free to make bigger moves. He'll be directly emboldened to strike back at Krakoa, and the first generation of chimeras could be created specifically to ruin the nation. His betrayal would happen much sooner, which could be a good or bad thing.
    I'm definitely down for all of that. I'm ready for the sneaking around to come to a head and we just go big bad villain with him. Perhaps SoS is leading us in that direction.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Actually, speaking of Sinister on the Council, the new Marauders issue gave me something to chew on.

spoilers:
    If Cerebra's biometric scans can work with Cerebro backups or something, they won't need Sinister. They'll have every bit of DNA he has and more. If things work out that way, the only obstacles they have are Sinister's Moira clones, and the fact that his own duplicates probably litter the island like cockroaches.
    end of spoilers
    Ohhhh that's a very good theory. If this isn't just a random AU event that could work.

Honestly I need them to reveal Sinister as the same scum he’s always been then take him off the board for a while.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly I need them to reveal Sinister as the same scum he’s always been then take him off the board for a while.
    I think this is what they set up with the "real Essex" thing, so they can just have him go back to being evil the exact second they feel like not keeping him around.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I did say in-verse. Apart from her family, nobody cares about Mystique's hypocritical angst and histrionics.

Still too kind.
    Fair enough.

They already know he is. They just blind themselves to the exact extent of how scummy he is because they need his DNA archive. That, and he's occasionally humorous. In the words of Nanny from that one issue of Hellions during the first Hellfire Gala: "Judgment day, motherf***er!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Checklist
    X-Men Red becomes Storm & the Brotherhood of Mutants.
    Legion of X becomes Nightcrawlers.
    Immortal becomes Immoral.

Till foxing APRIL!!!!!! ugh guess im taking a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    X-Men Red becomes Storm & the Brotherhood of Mutants.
    Legion of X becomes Nightcrawlers.
    Immortal becomes Immoral.
    Im glad its just 3 books and not the entire line

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im glad its just 3 books and not the entire line
    Agreed.

I'm definitely interested in Ewing's Storm book. Not sure about the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed.

I'm definitely interested in Ewing's Storm book. Not sure about the other two.
    I'm buying it cause it's Ewing and Storm, but would much rather just continue to follow Red as is in 616. He already turned water into wine with Judgement Day, but it's gonna take a lot to get me invested in this AU.

Also if Immortal's ending with issue #10 (for now) I guess we're not getting Storm and Colossus issues? I guess that tracks.

"Well, we got something else to talk about here," Lowe said, making a point to bring up Mr. Sinister again. A new series was then announced, The Sins of Sinister, with a teaser trailer shown for the series to the crowd.

Leinil Francis Yu will write the series with artist Jesus Aburtov. Amaro teased that Sinister has still been working in the shadows on his plans, and that the series will deal with what happens when Sinister "gets what he wants." The title launches in Jan. 2023 and its events will stretch across X-Men series shown on the board, including X-Men: Red, Legion of X and Immortal X-Men. The titles then shifted as the panel revealed that the titles will be renamed Storm & The Brotherhood of Mutants, Nightcrawlers and Immoral X-Men.

"First, there's Storm and the Brotherhood of Mutants from writer Al Ewing (and of course Paco Medina, who draw all three first issues), in which Storm leads a team across the wrecked landscape of a future version of Planet Arakko/Mars, seeking a way to end the so-called "Age of Sinister."

Then there's Nightcrawlers from writer Si Spurrier and Medina, in which a team of genetically engineered mutant clones of Nightcrawler, each mashed-up with another mutant starting with team leader Wagnerine (Nightcrawler + Wolverine, naturally), serve as Mister Sinister's personal strike force.

And finally, there's Immoral X-Men, also from Gillen and Medina, in which Emma Frost tries to strike back against Sinister, while "the X-men are sworn to crush a world that adores and respects them."
    Last edited by Diammandis; 10-08-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I'm buying it cause it's Ewing and Storm, but would much rather just continue to follow Red as is in 616. He already turned water into wine with Judgement Day, but it's gonna take a lot to get me invested in this AU.

Also if Immortal's ending with issue #10 (for now) I guess we're not getting Storm and Colossus issues? I guess that tracks.
    Hmm, yeah I guess Gillen will be ending the rotating focused issues. I'm curious enough to want to learn what Immoral will be about.

I guess the teaser image of Storm and Nightcrawler-23 fighting makes a little more sense.