Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I have to admit that yes i would prefer to keep it seperated from Marvel 2099 for two reasons.

First i think that the overall 2099 setting just didn't catch on as it's own thing, but rather remains being mostly remembered as the support structure for Spiderman 2099, who was the stand out character and story of it. So any other work will always just stay in the allready slim shadow of Miguel O'Hara, at least as far as i can see it.

Not to forget that using an allready established setting just creates uncessary boundaries on what could be done, used or visualized.

Which brings me to my second reason, which is that i think a completely new stand alone setting (one where ONLY the X-men, mutants and their characters exist), would allow for a far greater degree of narrative freedom, especialy in regards to where the X-men fall into the backstory and what impact the presence of mutants had on this world and for how long.

For example, instead of having to place this world in a future from our point of view, it could actualy be a future from the point of the very first X-men adventures in 1963.

Basicly in this world, there wasn't a sliding time scale. Instead the X-men were formed in 1963 and Magneto revealed the presence of mutants to the world shortly thereafter, so we are now looking 50 years ahead in a world that underwent massive technological leaps thanks to the sudden presence of mutants (Trask's creation of the Sentinels alone would have revolutionized several fields of technology).

This would also have the advantage of allowing to use the giant library of "lesser" X-men characters (New X-men looking at you) in new or old roles instead of having to create a whole new series of untested and unproven characters and designs. Especialy since this would be the ONE scenario where the original and popular character can't easily block the younger ones from rising to promince anymore, since the entire point of this history would be that they had their adventures, they ended and everyone retired or moved on because of how the world has changed.

But this specific scenario aside. That's why i would prefer a new one over giving X-men 2099 another chance.
    Makes sense. I can respect that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Please tell me if I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone bring up or talk about what seems very obvious to me, which is that this will be Sinister using his Moira clones to reset the timeline while he retains the knowledge. If that's the case, this is much more interesting than an AOA rehash, because it could keep resetting until someone figures out how to stop him or he dies or we just end up reading the new timeline going forward.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Please tell me if I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone bring up or talk about what seems very obvious to me, which is that this will be Sinister using his Moira clones to reset the timeline while he retains the knowledge. If that's the case, this is much more interesting than an AOA rehash, because it could keep resetting until someone figures out how to stop him or he dies or we just end up reading the new timeline going forward.
    Yeah, you might be right there. At the very least, it's a good theory.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not sure if these were posted Some roughs by Leinil Yu (via twitter) for SOS event
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a heads up that Ewing, Spurrier, and Gillen will be interviewed during the X-Men panel at the Thought Bubble Convention in the UK in 2 weeks. I'm not sure if/where any info they discuss will be covered but let's see. Gillen said the panel is "well timed with Sins of Sinister and all that."

EDIT: Whoops I got my dates wrong (as usual). It's in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by JB; 10-29-2022 at 04:32 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Just a heads up that Ewing, Spurrier, and Gillen will be interviewed during the X-Men panel at the Thought Bubble Convention in the UK in 2 weeks. I'm not sure if/where any info they discuss will be covered but let's see. Gillen said the panel is "well timed with Sins of Sinister and all that."

EDIT: Whoops I got my dates wrong (as usual). It's in 2 weeks.
    Ahhh I got excited reading this, thinking it would be in London and I could attend in person but it's in Yorkshire instead . I guess I'll just have to hope someone posts a recap somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ahhh I got excited reading this, thinking it would be in London and I could attend in person but it's in Yorkshire instead . I guess I'll just have to hope someone posts a recap somewhere.
    Aww damn, that would have been cool with you repping us but that seems quite far. We'll keep an eye out for recaps though indeed.

So with the hints of another Sinister showing up in Red, we’re waiting on one more to complete the set right? Does anyone have any theories on who it might be?

I’m thinking it’s either the Peacock Man OR someone to come out of Legion of X since Spurrier is one of the main writers involved in the crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So with the hints of another Sinister showing up in Red, we’re waiting on one more to complete the set right? Does anyone have any theories on who it might be?

I’m thinking it’s either the Peacock Man OR someone to come out of Legion of X since Spurrier is one of the main writers involved in the crossover.
    even if it is a woman can be mother righteous? she has a mask on her head that hides her forehead

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    even if it is a woman can be mother righteous? she has a mask on her head that hides her forehead
    And Gillen already included her in an issue of Immortal… hmmm. It would be cool to have her be the magic Sinister while Orbis is the cosmic/ space Sinister.

A friendly reminder that Ewing, Spurrier, and Gillen will be interviewed during the "Professing X - An X-Men Panel" tomorrow at the Thought Bubble Convention.

"Al Ewing, Si Spurrier, Kieron Gillen and host Elizabeth Sandifer discuss how, after 60 years the X-Men continue to mean so much to so many."
    https://www.thoughtbubblefestival.com/panels

Perhaps we'll get some SoS info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    And Gillen already included her in an issue of Immortal… hmmm. It would be cool to have her be the magic Sinister while Orbis is the cosmic/ space Sinister.
    Oooh that could make sense...
    Although I like the MR = the spark made god theory.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

A friendly reminder that Ewing, Spurrier, and Gillen will be interviewed during the "Professing X - An X-Men Panel" tomorrow at the Thought Bubble Convention.

"Al Ewing, Si Spurrier, Kieron Gillen and host Elizabeth Sandifer discuss how, after 60 years the X-Men continue to mean so much to so many."
    https://www.thoughtbubblefestival.com/panels

Perhaps we'll get some SoS info.
    Oh yes, thanks for the reminder! I wonder if any good soul will attend and post a summary here or Reddit or Twitter, or perhaps some of the news sites could be in attendance...

Cool, thanks Hi-Fi!