Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Interesting… obviously this guy caught my eye:

FC5979B5-936F-4FA2-88B5-3140BE13D40C.jpg
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Oh, these look sick! Sinny's coming full force with his Chimeras!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Maybe current Beast is on his way to becoming that Beast/Marrow (?) chimera monster and that's why he's acting up so much.

Hopefully we get some articles/coverage info about what the three writers said about the event.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I’m pretty sure the beast in chains is Nightcrawler’s fate, if I wasn’t picking up Sos before, I’m defiantly not now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Maybe current Beast is on his way to becoming that Beast/Marrow (?) chimera monster and that's why he's acting up so much.

Hopefully we get some articles/coverage info about what the three writers said about the event.
    I doubt that is actualy a modified Beast. Current Beast's worsening characterization just seems to by Percy continuing a trend kicked off over a decade ago, that few readers ever liked but new writers keep pushing and making worse, like some sunken cost situation.

Also weren't Chimeras only created from infusing a singular X-gene with different aspects of other mutants' X-gene? So they don't even need to be biological related to existing mutants, just because they have aspects of their powers (making them seperate from combined clones or offsprings). I also don't recall any indication that living people could be turned into Chimeras, since their whole deal was to be mass produced and purpose breed cannon fodder or servants.

Though then again it seems basicly everything Hickman set up has been overthrown or altered, so it's not like it matters how they were defined in HOX/POX. Might aswell just make them basic amalgamations or artifical offsprings.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-13-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/x-me...ble-xspoilers/

Bleeding Cool did one.

Highlights:
    * Gillen had the original idea for the crossover, and it was one of the last things Hickman approved before he left (to give you a sense of how far they planned out)
    * All 11 issues are expected to be collected in one trade
    * Immoral X-Men: There's a Captain America/Sinister mix for year 10, and a Colossus/Sinister mix (doing Star Trekky things?) for Year 100. Rasputin shows up in Year 1000.
    * Nightcrawlers: Nightcrawlers are Kurt-hybrid assassins. In addition to the previously announced Wagnerine in Year 10, we have Auntie Fortune in Year 1000, the spirit of a deceased Domino/Nightcrawler hybrid attached to a brain in a jar who navigates for the Nightcrawlers. In Year 100 we see what seems to be Kurt himself, very beastly and huge after continuing to evolve as we're seeing in the current Legion arc
    * Storm & The Brotherhood: In addition to what we've already seen of Stormneto in Year 10, in Year 100 we have Cable & Xilo who merged to become Xible. In Year 1000, we have Ironfire, "a weird King Arthur figure ruling over a forgotten kingdom". It's teased that this character will be introduced in Sins of Sinister and then seen in a much younger form in the present day.

Although they are the best x-writers in the x-slack currently.

These interview made me less excited about SOS.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Thanks for sharing these, Hi-Fi! Love your avatar btw

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/x-me...ble-xspoilers/

Bleeding Cool did one.

Highlights:
    * Gillen had the original idea for the crossover, and it was one of the last things Hickman approved before he left (to give you a sense of how far they planned out)
    * All 11 issues are expected to be collected in one trade
    * Immoral X-Men: There's a Captain America/Sinister mix for year 10, and a Colossus/Sinister mix (doing Star Trekky things?) for Year 100. Rasputin shows up in Year 1000.
    * Nightcrawlers: Nightcrawlers are Kurt-hybrid assassins. In addition to the previously announced Wagnerine in Year 10, we have Auntie Fortune in Year 1000, the spirit of a deceased Domino/Nightcrawler hybrid attached to a brain in a jar who navigates for the Nightcrawlers. In Year 100 we see what seems to be Kurt himself, very beastly and huge after continuing to evolve as we're seeing in the current Legion arc
    * Storm & The Brotherhood: In addition to what we've already seen of Stormneto in Year 10, in Year 100 we have Cable & Xilo who merged to become Xible. In Year 1000, we have Ironfire, "a weird King Arthur figure ruling over a forgotten kingdom". It's teased that this character will be introduced in Sins of Sinister and then seen in a much younger form in the present day.
    Thank you for these highlights! They certainly did plan far out in advance as this received Hickman's stamp of approval.

Proxy, looks like you were right about that beast being Nightcrawler. Maybe after SoS this part of his story will be over though and he can be happy again (and given to Gillen).

Xible sounds really cool considering Xilo catalogued the past and Cable has plenty of information about the future. And the "King Arthur figure" gives me hope that Otherworld and Betsy will have some involvement here? We shall see.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ha. Xible. Love it. So Xilo basically merges with my dude and assimilates or overwrites his techno-organics. At least that’s what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Although they are the best x-writers in the x-slack currently.

These interview made me less excited about SOS.
    I have the same response to the interview. I want to like it, but I don't really feel the humor of those Gen X writers, I guess...it feels a little bit boy-club-goes-bonkers-after-some-drinks...

Honestly, it feels fun to me, but agree with it feeling a bit… pointless. Since it’s yet another alt U story. Hopefully there are things that will stick afterwards though.

For instance, I don’t hate the idea of Cable merging with Xilo in the present day 616, and having the latter essentially replace his techno-organics somehow as well as his onboard A.I. So Xilo would basically be like the new Belle program, or The Professor before that, in that he’s part of Nathan who speaks to him and augments him with information and support. That could be a cool status quo change IMO.

Then again isn’t Xilo made up of worms and bugs? In which case, that’s a little gross. Ha.

Several series that stops for three months while some really need to be left to develop this (x-men red, legion of x) for an event that happens in a future alternative and which will bring nothing. in the end, I'm not too enthusiastic, I'm waiting to see.

Yeah this new information has definitely decreased my excitement. I'd rather just have the books continue as normal.