Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The queercoding is fine. It's the Mengele association that needs to be retconned out, not because it mars Sinister (lol) but a proficient scientist like Sinister believing in and aligning with Mengele unnecessarily props up Mengele instead of showing him for the real-life pathetic flop that he was.
    I may be misremembering, but I thought Sinister only aligned with Nazi Germany because they gave him free reign for his human experiments and otherwise didn't give two s***s about their agenda, much less believed in it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I may be misremembering, but I thought Sinister only aligned with Nazi Germany because they gave him free reign for his human experiments and otherwise didn't give two s***s about their agenda, much less believed in it.
    He cared enough that in immortal he had to have the racism surgically removed from him because it made him basic. Or at least it was implied it was so ingrained the only way to get rid of it was via surgery but we know sinister has a way of classing up words.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He cared enough that in immortal he had to have the racism surgically removed from him because it made him basic. Or at least it was implied it was so ingrained the only way to get rid of it was via surgery but we know sinister has a way of classing up words.
    Carving out racism through surgery . . . oh, the can of worms that'll open.

Incredible Member

Huh I'm gay and don't see him as a gay stereotype... Just flamboyant.

Astonishing Member

They are finally going to reveal that Sinister is Remy's biological dad and Remy is the fifth Summers brother.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Huh I'm gay and don't see him as a gay stereotype... Just flamboyant.
    Are you aware of the long history of gender-noncomforming people as villains in popular culture? Just some examples from the top of my head: basically every Disney villain (e.g. Ariel's Ursula is explicitly inspired by drag queen Divine), Ra in Stargate, Xerces in 300, Norman Bates in Psycho, Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs, etc. "New Sinister" is standing here in an old tradition with his "just flamboyant" behavior.
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-26-2022 at 01:48 AM.

Let him be a gay stereotype. I hated the character until I began reading his voice as Tim Curry from RHPS. Now he is one of my favorite villians.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Are you aware of the long history of gender-noncomforming people as villains in popular culture? Just some examples from the top of my head: basically every Disney villain (e.g. Ariel's Ursula is explicitly inspired by drag queen Divine), Ra in Stargate, Xerces in 300, Norman Bates in Psycho, Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs, etc. "New Sinister" is standing here in an old tradition with his "just flamboyant" behavior.
    queen

As-Meninas-Superpoderosas-Ele.jpg

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

you're forgetting the most flamboyant of them all...

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    you're forgetting the most flamboyant of them all...

"Be prepared!"

What about Cruela DeVil in the OG 101 Dalmatians
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Most of the Krakoa era has been character-driven plotlines. This sounds like the deepest (and most fun) exploration of Sinister yet and something Gillen actually wants to write, as opposed to AXE which seems a lot more editorial mandated.
    In which universe is this even true? There is no such thing as character plotlines for any characters. Heck Wolverine having his book doesn't have character plots. Gillen's Sinister has been mostly mouthy and almost untouchable villain. There has never been any exploration of the character 's background yet by Gillen.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "Be prepared!"
    Now I want to see Sinister doing a rendition of “Be Prepared.” to a legion of his clones. Thanks for that mental image that’ll never be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Now I want to see Sinister doing a rendition of “Be Prepared.” to a legion of his clones. Thanks for that mental image that’ll never be satisfied.
    You're welcome.

This is an interesting point, and one I had not considered with Hickman’s changes to Mr. Sinister, though I think he gave credit to someone else. It’s odd because some of those characters are liked by the gay community and others are not. I wonder what gay readers think of Sinister these days?
    Last edited by Brian B; 08-30-2022 at 06:45 AM.