Spectacular Member

Default any chance of new Johah Hex comic series

Hi I was just wondering is any chance of a new official Jonah Hex comic series?, I mean as fans we need a new series or at least a new graphic novel.

LW

Wouldn't think so. Both his 2005 title and New 52 All-Star Western series weren't huge sellers so don't see any new ongoing as something DC would greenlight. Only a mini or BL project would be probable.

Found the ending of Palmiotti/Gray's tenure a pretty satisfying note to leave the character, but that's just me.

Most non trinity series are confined to mini's as of late (sadly) so I can't forsee a full series in the making.

Possibly a mini or more likely a one shot shot special down the road. May be a while though.

Spectacular Member

Dam he is a good character, there treating him like Firehair that was another good character never got a fair shake at DC.

We need a new full series not just minis or BL,

LW

I wouldn't completely rule it out, at least as a mini or appearance in an anthology book.

Forget Jonah hex, we need the post-apocalyptic Hex back.

Spectacular Member

Sigh on does not cry over spilled milk, so it will be a very long if nay for another J Hex comic.

LW

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Forget Jonah hex, we need the post-apocalyptic Hex back.
    ^^^I wouldn’t mind that one bit.
    The idea had a lot of potential but mostly missed the mark. It wrapped up w. a great story though.

As for a Western series, the last time this was brought up here a year or two ago the conversation devolved into stripping him of everything Southern/Confederate because that’s way better than having a character w. a complex history/backstory.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I would LOVE to see another Hex book on the shelves.
    The only issue I have is that it would have to be as good or better than what we got from Gray & Palmiotti - which is an extraordinarily high bar to set!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I think the chances are as good as most C-level characters. He just needs a writer to come up with a good enough pitch to DC. I can see a Black Label mature mini or something - that way he can keep his Confederate background and tell darker stories about the Old West.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm ready, and waiting.
    although, as 'married guy' said, "The only issue I have is that it would have to be as good or better than what we got from Gray & Palmiotti - which is an extraordinarily high bar to set! "
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet