Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Yor Forger (Spy X Family) vs Mighty Steel Leg (Shaolin Soccer)

As a proviso, I will be using the term "football" to refer to what the Americans would call "soccer" because I am European. So I hope this clears up any confusion.

This is twist on a standard Rumble! A battle of rallying footballs!

Yor and Mighty Steel Leg face off on a football pitch with normal, yet indestructible, football. They begin on the penalty spot of their respective ends of the field (~83 metres apart) and have to rally the ball between each other. They can move from the penalty spot but cannot cross into their opponent's half of the field.

Whoever is unable to return the ball, either through missing it, not being able to control it or being KOed by it, loses.

This is a two touch game, as in they are allowed one touch for control purposes before they have to kick it to return the shot. They are allowed to defend themselves with their arms but they may not catch or hold the ball.

Yor is pretty well known here but I'll drop a few of Steel Leg's feats below:

- Training montage wherein Steel Leg is learning to control his power.

- Final Match against Team Evil. A lot of kicking feats in here. Part #1 and Part #2

- Not football related but quite fun, Steel Leg fights some gang members. The can embedded in the wall at the start of this clip was kicked by him from the other side of town.

Which martially skilled athlete can win the rally?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 08-23-2022 at 04:17 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    yet indestructible
    Smart. I was getting ready to type 'the real loser is the ball'.

Okay, so this guy is at least in the same range as Yor when it comes to kicking. Also, he has more skill and experience with Football/Soccer. He also has kicking techniques that create a pressure wave in front of the ball that turns...into a...flaming panther.

I'm of the opinion he takes this one. It's not quite as easy as it might seem for him, because Yor is actually - barring me finding specific feats showing otherwise - faster than him (Comic book peak human or so), but this is a rally, not a fight, and they're hoofing it back and forth at 83 meter distance. That, to me, is enough to give the nod to the person with 1 - what appears to be an advantage in kicking power; 2 - weird special techniques (flaming panther kick?); 3 - the ability to make the ball fly in all different directions yet hit the target; 4 - demonstrated experience and skill with the actual game.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Really, it would be worse if it was the OTHER team's big kicker, the one who obliterates their goalie. O_o

Yor is well-below that guy in kicking/hitting power, barring the inclusion of her volleyball feat (which would put her above mostly everyone here). I don't feel that one is legit; it is so ridiculously far above her normal feats, including when she's in a berserk, killing fury, that I consider it SMvsFL.

...which is kind of how I view Mighty Steel Leg's kick that sends the ball up for half an hour and punches a hole in the clouds.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Made a small edit just to clarify that they can leave their respective penalty spots for interception and closing distance.

Yor makes it harder for him, then, by closing and forcing it into a distance where speed can make a bigger difference.

I don't think she takes this one, but maybe she'll eke out a win here and there? Doubtful, though, as the more I consider it, Mighty Steel Leg doesn't seem to have a HUGE problem reacting to objects moving at ridiculous speed. And every volley isn't going to last very long, not when he can make kicks that change direction like they do.

Still feel this is (haha) a stomp for MSL.
    Why are we here?

I need to find a slightly better street level meta-brick than Yor haha.

I don't even like the character that much but she fits well into some of my niche matches and she's somewhat popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I need to find a slightly better street level meta-brick than Yor haha.

I don't even like the character that much but she fits well into some of my niche matches and she's somewhat popular.
    I kind of like the manga (certainly not my favorite, but I'll read it), and Yor has the benefit for Rumbles purposes of rather clear and at least somewhat consistent feats (outside of the truly ridiculous ones). So far.
    Why are we here?