Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Judgment Day #3 - Recap/Spoilers

Not me rooting for Sinister, what is going on?! It is my judgment day. And here I thought the fighting was over when the new god awakened but nope, merely a pause.

We open with the preview pages as the Eternal priests, the Avengers and Sinister are realizing they screwed up by awakening the Celestial. It gives Cap a thumbs down. Cap tells Tony to find a way out of this as he tries to keep the world calm.

The six civilians: Tom is in a bar listening to Cap giving a speech on TV. Tom is chatting with someone who says "Are we going to be punished because of what the mutants have been up to? Britain doesn't even recognize them." Tom agrees.
    - Katrina makes a joke on social media to distract herself but it doesn't get traction. She's anxious and can't sleep.
    - Komali, Arjun's widow, is identifying his body. To her, judgment day is nothing when her world has just ended.
    - Daniela's mother calls her and tells her to come home as she suspects things may get nasty out there. Daniela says "sure" but continues working.
    - Jada is at home watching Cap's broadcast as he says "Stay calm. There is a unity team at work." She wants to believe him but she's doubtful.
    - Kenta wants to avoid doing his homework since the end of the world is upon us. His father insists he do his algebra homework to help the world's judgment score. He laughs at his own joke but is worried he cannot protect his family.

Druig is at the Exclusion visiting Uranos for advice. Uranos tells him that if Captain America was judged a failure for not fulfilling his duties, the Eternals will be judged the same if they don't fulfill theirs. Druig immediately orders the Eternals to activate the Hex again and renew the psychic siege! Uranos tells him to let him out again but Druig says no way.

The god makers are trying to figure out what to do. Iron Man suggests hitting an internal node to take the Celestial out. Ajak says no! "We must work to understand" the new god.
    Phastos says a Celestial has enormous power on its first day of life and destroying it could be catastrophic to the world. Ajak insists they find another way and leaves with Makkari.

Once alone though, Phastos privately tells Tony and Sinister that if they can find a safe way to turn off the Celestial, do it. He's willing to sacrifice losing their new god for humanity, which would paralyze the Eternals. Ajak and Makkari would never agree. However, if they find a way and move forward, the principles will cause ALL the Eternals to protect the Celestial. He tells Tony to do it safely and secretly.

Sinister: "I love secrets! Make it safe and make it get the hell off the stage!. Got it." He telepathically calls out to Destiny.

Krakoa is at war again with the Eternals. Xavier is killed by the Uni-Mind. Destiny calls for an emergency telepathic meeting while Emma is holding off the Uni-Mind and a physical war is waging. Destiny tells them of Sinister's plan and wants to vote for a strike force to be put together to take out the Celestial thus also stopping the Eternals. She tells them there is considerable risk of devastation on the world. Kate is annoyed because Xavier is dead and can't vote and Storm is back on Arakko fighting. They vote to send a strike force-
    Yes: Destiny, Shaw, Mystique, Exodus, Hope. No: Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kate.
    Emma insists that they tell the strike team of the dangers of catastrophe. Destiny says no, that is the Quiet Council's burden to bear.
    Kurt is greatly concerned about sending a strong strike force when they're needed on Krakoa to fight the Eternals. Emma says well, I also have a little secret.

The gates suddenly come back online and the Deviants arrive! Scott is like "how?" and Kro is like "We share enough genes to pass through your gates." They join the fight against the Eternals and the Hex.

The god makers continue to plan and Ajak is back. She suddenly panics as she realizes a team of our bad ass mutants have arrived! Look at our little X-Men!

Ajak immediately blames Tony and he's like I didn't do anything, "Sinister, do you know anything about... WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Er... oops?" He uses the control panel to open a hatch on the Celestial armor for the X-Men to get inside.

I actually cheered for Sinister, wtf. The principles activate and the Eternals, all of them, move to protect the Celestial. A battle wages between them and the strike force of X-Men. Great seeing Doop and Archangel with the squad. Did you all peep that combo? Firestar firing into Magik's portal which Colossus just went through so he could become a searing hot mass of metal to punch Phastos? But then Ikaris rips Angelica in half!! Welcome back to the X-Men.

Exodus takes Ikaris head on making room for Jean to make a bee-line into the Celestial and to the vulnerable node. Iron Man yells for her to stop. She says sorry, it's already done and TK destroys the node. Tony tells her that destroying the Celestial could send shockwaves and hit cities. "I... didn't know. Oh hell."

The Celestial explodes and the blast levels cities across the world. Destruction everywhere. The bones of the X-Men and Eternals are scattered all around.

"This... all of this... isn't real. We were all inside its mind. The whole time. This... I should have known." Jean says as she cries.

The Celestial god made the whole world experience the annihilation. A few people genuinely die of heart attacks.

LISTEN, PEOPLE OF THE EARTH. YOUR HEROES THINK THEMSELVES GODS ABOVE JUDGMENT. NOW YOU ALL SEE THEY ARE MISTAKEN. YOUR DAY TICKS AWAY. JUSTIFY YOURSELF.

Emma fails, Kro passes, Destiny and Raven fail.

Phastos and Makkari are holding Ajak back from killing Sinister. What a mess. Tony says we're all going to be judged and there's nothing we can do about it. Cap disagrees and says they must make sure they pass. That the fake annihilation will have scared a lot of people and they're going to do things they regret. That the only way to survive this is if the whole world pulls together. Sersi, listening, goes, "Hmmm.."

Sersi and Jack of Knives are back in The Exclusion. She needs his help to break someone out...

Last edited by JB; 08-24-2022 at 12:57 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

StarFox is one of those character who is benefit with his MCU actor. The Harry Styles vibes are undeniable.

My only question is how did Xavier die? Was it like a telepathic surge? A TK "bullet"? The art wasn't very clear imo.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Katrina is so freaking lame. I wish she died instead of Arjun.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    StarFox is one of those character who is benefit with his MCU actor. The Harry Styles vibes are undeniable.
    Agreed. I was almost starstruck when he appeared haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    My only question is how did Xavier die? Was it like a telepathic surge? A TK "bullet"? The art wasn't very clear imo.
    Good question because whatever they did cracked his helmet. Perhaps we'll get more detail in the next Immortal tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    he's manspreading widely while being also a little gender-queer....I feel like the entire "queer-bating" Harry Styles twitter discussion is represented in one image. lol

Almost everyone can walk through the gates now except for Kate...Krakoa must hate her guts
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Hope the Eternals "Revive" thingie is revealed and the world is told

"You know, yes Mutants cheated dead, yes mutant keep it secret, BUT didnt kill any human in the progress. Eternals can you say that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Almost everyone can walk through the gates now except for Kate...Krakoa must hate her guts
    It's Cypher and Warlock punishing her for all the times she dismissed the New Mutants.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Katrina is so freaking lame. I wish she died instead of Arjun.
    Haha your disdain for Katrina tickles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It was mentioned in X-Men last week. Although mutant telepaths are much more powerful than Eternals, their physical bodies are more fragile. Xavier was the one leading the telepathic defense of Krakoa so from the drawing I imagine that he has suffered a stroke or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Not me rooting for Sinister, what is going on?! It is my judgment day. And here I thought the fighting was over when the new god awakened but nope, merely a pause.

We open with the preview pages as the Eternal priests, the Avengers and Sinister are realizing they screwed up by awakening the Celestial. It gives Cap a thumbs down. Cap tells Tony to find out a way out of this as he tries to keep the world calm.

The six civilians: Tom is in a bar listening to Cap giving a speech on TV. Tom is chatting with someone who says "Are we going to be punished because of what the mutants have been up to? Britain doesn't even recognize them." Tom agrees.
    - Katrina makes a joke on social media to distract herself but it doesn't get traction. She's anxious and can't sleep.
    - Komali, Arjun's widow, is identifying his body. To her, judgment day is nothing when her world has just ended.
    - Daniela's mother calls her and tells her to come home as she suspects things may get nasty out there. Daniela says "sure" but continues working.
    - Jada is at home watching Cap's broadcast as he says "Stay calm. There is a unity team at work." She wants to believe him but she's doubtful.
    - Kenta wants to avoid doing his homework since the end of the world is upon us. His father insists he do his algebra homework to help the world's judgment score. He laughs at his own joke but is worried he cannot protect his family.

Druig is at the Exclusion visiting Uranos for advice. Uranos tells him that if Captain America was judged a failure for not fulfilling his duties, the Eternals will be judged the same if they don't fulfill theirs. Druig immediately orders the Eternals to activate the Hex again and renew the psychic siege! Uranos tells him to let him out again but Druig says no way.

The god makers are trying to figure out what to do. Iron Man suggests hitting an internal node to take the Celestial out. Ajak says no! "We must work to understand" the new god.
    Phastos says a Celestial has enormous power on its first day of life and destroying it could be catastrophic to the world. Ajak insists they find another way and leaves with Makkari.

Once alone though, Phastos privately tells Tony and Sinister that if they can find a safe way to turn off the Celestial, do it. He's willing to sacrifice losing their new god for humanity, which would paralyze the Eternals. Ajak and Makkari would never agree. However, if they find a way and move forward, the principles will cause ALL the Eternals to protect the Celestial. He tells Tony to do it safely and secretly.

Sinister: "I love secrets! Make it safe and make it get the hell off the stage!. Got it." He telepathically calls out to Destiny.

Krakoa is at war again with the Eternals. Xavier is killed by the Uni-Mind. Destiny calls for an emergency telepathic meeting while Emma is holding off the Uni-Mind and a physical war is waging. Destiny tells them of Sinister's plan and wants to vote for a strike force to be put together to take out the Celestial thus also stopping the Eternals. She tells them there is considerable risk of devastation on the world. Kate is annoyed because Xavier is dead and can't vote and Storm is back on Arakko fighting. They vote to send a strike force-
    Yes: Destiny, Shaw, Mystique, Exodus, Hope. No: Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kate.
    Emma insists that they tell the strike team of the dangers of catastrophe. Destiny says no, that is the Quiet Council's burden to bear.
    Kurt is greatly concerned about sending a strong strike force when they're needed on Krakoa to fight the Eternals. Emma says well, I also have a little secret.

The gates suddenly come back online and the Deviants arrive! Scott is like "how?" and Kro is like "We share enough genes to pass through your gates." They join the fight against the Eternals and the Hex.

The god makers continue to plan and Ajak is back. She suddenly panics as she realizes a team of our bad ass mutants have arrived! Look at our little X-Men!

Ajak immediately blames Tony and he's like I didn't do anything, "Sinister, do you know anything about... WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Er... oops?" He uses the control panel to open a hatch on the Celestial armor for the X-Men to get inside.

I actually cheered for Sinister, wtf. The principles activate and the Eternals, all of them, move to protect the Celestial. A battle wages between them and the strike force of X-Men. Great seeing Doop and Archangel with the squad. Did you all peep that combo? Firestar firing into Magik's portal which Colossus just went through so he could become a searing hot mass of metal to punch Phastos? But then Ikaris rips Angelica in half!! Welcome back to the X-Men.

Exodus takes Ikaris head on making room for Jean to make a bee-line into the Celestial and to the vulnerable node. Iron Man yells for her to stop. She says sorry, it's already done and TK destroys the node. Tony tells her that destroying the Celestial could send shockwaves and hit cities. "I... didn't know. Oh hell."

The Celestial explodes and the blast levels cities across the world. Destruction everywhere. The bones of the X-Men and Eternals are scattered all around.

"This... all of this... isn't real. We were all inside its mind. The whole time. This... I should have known." Jean says as she cries.

The Celestial god made the whole world experience the annihilation. A few people genuinely die of heart attacks.

LISTEN, PEOPLE OF THE EARTH. YOUR HEROES THINK THEMSELVES GODS ABOVE JUDGMENT. NOW YOU ALL SEE THEY ARE MISTAKEN. YOUR DAY TICKS AWAY. JUSTIFY YOURSELF.

Emma fails, Kro passes, Destiny and Raven fail.

Phastos and Makkari are holding Ajak back from killing Sinister. What a mess. Tony says we're all going to be judged and there's nothing we can do about it. Cap disagrees and says they must make sure they pass. That the fake annihilation will have scared a lot of people and they're going to do things they regret. That the only way to survive this is if the whole world pulls together. Sersi, listening, goes, "Hmmm.."

Sersi and Jack of Knives are back in The Exclusion. She needs his help to break someone out...

My only question is how do they know what Storm is doing on Arrako but they couldn't send a telepathic message to arrako in the first place?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This issue felt a bit filler-ish. Kinda like Gillen using this issue so people won't go "Why don't they just kill the Celestial? They have done it before".

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My only question is how do they know what Storm is doing on Arrako but they couldn't send a telepathic message to arrako in the first place?
    Maybe she told them what she was going to go do on Arrako, and it's less of a "that's what she's doing right now". Or maybe they can call her, but she's in the middle of a fight and they don't want her attention divided.

oh and completely called the deviant thing. Can i do my lap now? The all white council voting? check. The mutants having to be deviant in dna? check. *ninja vanish* And Emma taking on the unimind alone while jean needs help time and time again being considered an upgrade for jean? check. *real ninja vanish*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/