Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Previously in Gillen's books, Scott's words were enough to send all the real Celestials packing. Now, when they need to get rid of a fake one, he's stuck blasting away in the background.
    Clearly this event endgame is the Celestials coming back and asking Cyclops to join their ranks and lead them.

So I was right about the Krakoans and Avengers trying to shut the Celestial off (except the Avengers didn't try because the knew it would explode).

I was also right about Eros being "prisoner E", and being freed because of his double status as both Avenger and Eternal.

I find it quite ridiculous that they were planning to destroy the Celestial while inside him... come on, did they really think he wasn't keeping an eye on them...?

Precognitives become more and more useless. Will they listen to Destiny next time...? I mean, she said they would succeed and destroy the Celestial without causing victims...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh and completely called the deviant thing. Can i do my lap now? The all white council voting? check. The mutants having to be deviant in dna? check. *ninja vanish* And Emma taking on the unimind alone while jean needs help time and time again being considered an upgrade for jean? check. *real ninja vanish*
    lol love your post

One thing this event made me rralize, and kudos to the authors for it, is how STRESSFUL and anxiety ridden lid eis for the average human in Marvel Universe. Between space gods not only challenging your religious belief and menacing to end you like that(today is Frankencelestials sometimes is galactus, sometimeshe Phoenix), alien armies, people disappearing and re-appearing, hoping that insane gamma posse latest rant does not leave you without house or worst, or what else mutants and I humans are up to....if I was a normal human I would be in need of xanax 24/7.( and this are only the stuff public at large is aware of...there is much much much worstanxiety things going on I MU)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    One thing this event made me rralize, and kudos to the authors for it, is how STRESSFUL and anxiety ridden lid eis for the average human in Marvel Universe. Between space gods not only challenging your religious belief and menacing to end you like that(today is Frankencelestials sometimes is galactus, sometimeshe Phoenix), alien armies, people disappearing and re-appearing, hoping that insane gamma posse latest rant does not leave you without house or worst, or what else mutants and I humans are up to....if I was a normal human I would be in need of xanax 24/7.( and this are only the stuff public at large is aware of...there is much much much worstanxiety things going on I MU)
    Notice how they have gotten so used to world ending events that they no longer pause... they carry on with whatever they were doing and hope for the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Notice how they have gotten so used to world ending events that they no longer pause... they carry on with whatever they were doing and hope for the best...
    Yeah, I noticed that. Is very...relatable. Sometimes things in life get so overwhelming that the best you can do is keep on going with you daily life and hope things will end up if not good at least not horribly bad. Also once time I thought it was ennui, with marvel citizens , expecially new yorkers, who seem to not give fucks about some insane things, but then is more like a quiet desperation, an understanding that o matter what you do, there is little you can do about. Is kind of sad.like the whole MU mindset is the same of people living in war zones !

Looking past the sparkly powers and silly costumes of the various super-beings, the MU is pretty much a setting of cosmic horror.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

Ikaris looks like He-Man in the HEY YEAH video tbqh.
    I wonder if everyone will 'fail' eXcept for the likes of Kro, who I know neXt to nothing about? Honestly, all the characters I'm engaged by & have become endeared to most, like Lorna, Bobby, AleX, Ali, Dani, Shiro, Julio, etc. ... probably "shall NOT 'pass'," lol, either... I suppose. But I doubt any of them even matter enough to receive 'Judgement', from TPTB. So, there's that, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    ... I was also right about Eros being "prisoner E", and being freed because of his double status as both Avenger and Eternal. ...
    Eros is a concept in ancient Greek philosophy referring to sensual or passionate love, from which the term erotic is derived. Eros has also been used in philosophy and psychology in a much wider sense, almost as an equivalent to "life energy".

1 : the Greek god of erotic love — compare cupid. 2 : the sum of life-preserving instincts that are manifested as impulses to gratify basic needs, as sublimated impulses, and as impulses to protect and preserve the body and mindcompare death instinct.

Can he SAVE US?!... IDK, but I'm beginning to think... nobody can.

... very...relatable. Sometimes things in life get so overwhelming that the best you can do is keep on going with you daily life and hope things will end up if not good at least not horribly bad. ... a quiet desperation... understanding that no matter what you do, there is little you can do... Is kind of sad...
    Sounds just like... REAL LIFE, sometimes. BUT... something that's helped me remain somewhat buoyant, over the years, is this li'l saying:

If you were happy ALL the time... how would you KNOW it?

Even though there IS a learning curve, ya can't have 1 without the other. The trick is, y'know, trying to achieve & MAINTAIN...BALANCE!

BANNED

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Absolutely perfectly cast Starfox. One part of the movie that makes me look forward to a sequel.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's weird to keep saying that the new Starfox is "MCU-ified" or made to look like Styles when he looks...nothing like him. The MCU version is basically the classic Starfox design with more circles on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Absolutely perfectly cast Starfox. One part of the movie that makes me look forward to a sequel.
    I haven't watched it yet but am finding myself wanting to more, now, for the same reason [= the character + casting].

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's weird to keep saying that the new Starfox is "MCU-ified" or made to look like Styles when he looks...nothing like him. The MCU version is basically the classic Starfox design with more circles on it.
    While I certainly can't speak for others & can only say what I see, which is not the identical physical resemblance you are referring to, but more of an embodiment that's closer to & eXudes Styles' signature, seXually tinged androgyny. Looking at the new, mod version & comparing it to the older, traditional one of him against Thanos, it seems fairly overt, to me. But I suppose, YMMV.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but...Don't the "good" Eternals know that Druig is behind the attacks? Someone has to be directing and sending the Hexes to Krakoa, right? And if they do know, why aren't they going after him directly, instead of reacting to his attacks and making the situation even worse? Three issues in and Druig is still plotting in the shadows without even a hint of confrontation.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

The Lemuria Mission, Celestian Priests and Forgotten Ones are few enough in numbers that trying to force a coup in Olympia will see them killed (thus killing humans) and either mindwiped back into compliance or chucked in the Exclusion

Ummmmmmm am I the only one wondering how in the hell Quintin Quiere was resurrected between X-Force #30 and this issue?