Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Haha your disdain for Katrina tickles me.
    Like I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a hater. But I just don't like her vibes. She has bad vibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

The only thing I question is "Does the world know the QC's machinations?"

cause those particular machinations are pretty big "Well you can suck several dicks if you ever mention genosha again." if that actually got out to the wider public and wasn't just a "Whelp, the heroes fucked up."

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    He died along with Thanos back in Cates’ Guardians run after Thanos overwrite his personality into Starfox.

The implication from Eve of Judgement is that some (possibly the Gaian Sisterhood or even Zuras) is trying to use Eros’ comparative genetic stability (since he presumably has the same deviant DNA as Thanos) to restart A’Lars’ research into Eternal reproduction
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    To add to this, The Eternals: Thanos rises one-shot stated that Thanos and Starfox's parents were excluded because they're act of procreation led to Thanos and also led to the conclusion that Eternals' breeding as a whole is bad. The Eve of Judgement one-shot also stated that Eros is excluded not because of anything he did, but rather what he could be led to do (the genetic reproduction experiment that king of hybrids alluded to).
    Thank you both very much for the info. Very interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hold up, hold up. Now, I like Rogers but something just dawned on me. It is through her telepathic call with Sinister that Destiny finds out, and reveals to the QC, who kidnapped him.

I'm old enough to remember when...

So you had time to give Scott grief about secrets but couldn't share this one with him? No wonder you got a thumbs down.

Mighty Member

Hold up, hold up. Now, I like Rogers but something just dawned on me. It is through her telepathic call with Sinister that Destiny finds out, and reveals to the QC, who kidnapped him.

I'm old enough to remember when...

So you had time to give Scott grief about secrets but couldn't share this one with him? No wonder you got a thumbs down.

I mean, Cap wouldn't know that Sinister was kidnapped. They didn't show up with Sinister in chains to the Avengers and the X-folks didn't tell them that Sinister was kidnapped either.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I mean, Cap wouldn't know that Sinister was kidnapped. They didn't show up with Sinister in chains to the Avengers and the X-folks didn't tell them that Sinister was kidnapped either.
    He was literally handcuffed and muzzled when the priests presented him to the Avengers. LMAO! And the mutants weren't sure if he was kidnapped or "rescued" as Exodus says in Immortal 5.

Mighty Member

He was literally handcuffed and muzzled when the priests presented him to the Avengers. LMAO! And the mutants weren't sure if he was kidnapped or "rescued" as Exodus says in Immortal 5.
    No, they presented him to Stark in handcuffs and a muzzle. The rest of the Avengers aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    No, they presented him to Stark in handcuffs and a muzzle. The rest of the Avengers aren't there.
    So we'll say Tony didn't tell Cap and the Avengers that the Eternals kidnapped Sinister. It's far-fetched especially with Sinister's big mouth but anything is possible.

So we'll say Tony didn't tell Cap and the Avengers that the Eternals kidnapped Sinister. It's far-fetched especially with Sinister's big mouth but anything is possible.
    Pretty much everything in this event is far fetched so it doesn't surprise me I'm still wondering how in the simulation the Celestial had Firestar in her new costume even though it hasn't debuted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Pretty much everything in this event is far fetched so it doesn't surprise me I'm still wondering how in the simulation the Celestial had Firestar in her new costume even though it hasn't debuted yet.
    Haha, that's true. I guess the fact that we even saw Quire and no one batted an eye means anything goes with all this.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Do you think her death and the other mutants actually happened or was that all still part of the Celestial messing with them? Makkari ripped Domino in half as well
    Yeah speaking of Firestar, I wonder at what point the simulation started. Did the two teams actually clash and the Celestial mind-bend happened after the node was taken out, or did they never actually fight? I wasn't clear on that.

This whole event is so stupid.

Yeah speaking of Firestar, I wonder at what point the simulation started. Did the two teams actually clash and the Celestial mind-bend happened after the node was taken out, or did they never actually fight? I wasn't clear on that.
    I bet the entire planet was caught in its illusion the moment the plan to destroy its obvious weakness was concocted. There's been a consistent theme of it watching everyone intently. What better way of knowing someone's character than observing them without them being aware of the test underway.

I won't lie, I laughed when it was revealed the Celestial played them like fools and soured their rep to the entire planet. Color me surprised that Starfox is going to be key to victory here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    This whole event is so stupid.
    See, I thought it would be wretched but I'm very pleasantly surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The dialogue that Gillen has given her in this and the last issue has mostly been relaying information and it's a bit bland, but the real problem for me are the persistent "oh hell"s and the bit about "why couldn't it be easy" which is coming off to me as matronly and borderline moribund. Like, I get it's an overwhelming situation, but I would just expect her speech to be more feisty.
    I think it’s more that so many things are happening quickly at once that Jean doesn’t really have a moments time to actually talk to anybody. I mean, I don’t know who she is supposed to be feisty towards beyond giant kaiju’s and her teammates, which she was to Exodus for a brief moment. Not certain how to actually solve this beyond maybe putting actually humanoid Eternals in front her. Maybe the main team for some actual interesting character dynamics, though that would be difficult to do, since they are supposedly not supporting their society anymore based on the cost of resurrection for their people. Unless Jean is gonna start yelling at Quiet Council members after Sinister, I don’t think there is much to be done about that.