Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Please fill my curiosity hunger, please.

Who were on the strip squad besides Colossus, Magik, Archangel, Doop and Firestar?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My only question is how do they know what Storm is doing on Arrako but they couldn't send a telepathic message to arrako in the first place?
    I'm guessing Cable and Nightcrawler informed her of what happened and she zoomed back to Arakko.
    Kate says, "Xavier is dead. Storm is back crushing war machines on Mars. You're cheating." basically accusing Destiny of demanding a vote when they're unavailable.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Didn’t Destiny say that she saw the future and the big explosion the Celestial showed them wasn’t going to happen? I guess maybe they can’t take the chance that she’s wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Please fill my curiosity hunger, please.

Who were on the strip squad besides Colossus, Magik, Archangel, Doop and Firestar?
    We have Cyclops, Synch, Jean, Iceman, Exodus, Archangel, Colossus, Loganrine, Domino, Firestar, Magik, Beast (why?), Quire (?!), and looks like Cable in a background shot.

I love how Kurt questioned Hope about her vote and she's all, "You get a headshot, you take it. This is all about measured risk." Cable would be proud.

I also love how the whole issue is about the heroes trying to take action into their own hands and the Celestial is like SIT YO ASSES DOWN. THIS IS THE BS I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.
    Last edited by JB; 08-24-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm guessing Cable and Nightcrawler informed her of what happened and she zoomed back to Arakko.
    Kate says, "Xavier is dead. Storm is back crushing war machines on Mars. You're cheating." basically accusing Destiny of demanding a vote when they're unavailable.
    That sounds about right for this story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Didn’t Destiny say that she saw the future and the big explosion the Celestial showed them wasn’t going to happen? I guess maybe they can’t take the chance that she’s wrong.
    Ahhh good catch. She didn't see the decimation happening but probably didn't know why she didn't see it.

Extraordinary Member

I assume there's a reason Destiny pushed so hard for a mission she must have foreseen would fail and chose specifically not to tell Jean the risks. The point was to have Jean at the location of the new Celestial and not on Krakoa, but the why remains to be seen.

I'm pretty disappointed we went back to Eternals attacking Krakoa to commit genocide so quickly after the last issue seemed to be changing the focus from the fight to the judgement. It makes it feel like the event isn't progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It was mentioned in X-Men last week. Although mutant telepaths are much more powerful than Eternals, their physical bodies are more fragile. Xavier was the one leading the telepathic defense of Krakoa so from the drawing I imagine that he has suffered a stroke or something similar.
    This sounds right. He was on the offensive while the others were handling defense and his body went out. I imagine once he died all they could do was play defense as we see Emma saying she's getting pummeled by a tireless army of Eternals.

EDIT: Actually you're right I have it backwards, Xavier was playing defense so the others could strike and then they finally broke his body. So Emma likely stepped in to take his spot.
    Last edited by JB; 08-24-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It was mentioned in X-Men last week. Although mutant telepaths are much more powerful than Eternals, their physical bodies are more fragile. Xavier was the one leading the telepathic defense of Krakoa so from the drawing I imagine that he has suffered a stroke or something similar.
    I see. So maybe the cracked helmet was suppose to represent his cracked mind.
    oh and completely called the deviant thing. Can i do my lap now? The all white council voting? check. The mutants having to be deviant in dna? check. *ninja vanish* And Emma taking on the unimind alone while jean needs help time and time again being considered an upgrade for jean? check. *real ninja vanish*
    I did not catch that. Can't say I'm all too upset by it though. I don't know abt anyone else but I always felt like Emma received a nerf to her power lvls when we got into the Hickman Era. So it's nice to see she's still considered a powerhouse in telepathy and can cover for a (cerebro enhanced? Is that even a thing still?) Xavier if there's an emergency.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Incredible Member

i think we can all agree the best part of the issue is beast getting stabbed by thena

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This sounds right. He was on the offensive while the others were handling defense and his body went out. I imagine once he died all they could do was play defense as we see Emma saying she's getting pummeled by a tireless army of Eternals.
    See how's the time I would've broken out one of those non factored mutants who can enhance powers or heal the body. Just keep Xavier and his mighty brain going.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's Cypher and Warlock punishing her for all the times she dismissed the New Mutants.
    I'm here for this level of pettiness. Hallowed by thy grudge.

The Red Dragon

oh and completely called the deviant thing. Can i do my lap now? The all white council voting? check. The mutants having to be deviant in dna? check. *ninja vanish* And Emma taking on the unimind alone while jean needs help time and time again being considered an upgrade for jean? check. *real ninja vanish*
    I don’t think it was Emma alone fighting the Unimind. There is no reason to believe Exodus and Hope weren’t still helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    See how's the time I would've broken out one of those non factored mutants who can enhance powers or heal the body. Just keep Xavier and his mighty brain going.
    That's true, keeping him in a steady state of healing would be cool.

I hope we get to see more of the telepathic battle because I can picture the mutants thinking they could catch their breath and then here come the Eternal psychics again, Xavier on the frontline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I don’t think it was Emma alone fighting the Unimind. There is no reason to believe Exodus and Hope weren’t still helping.
    The recappers don't seem to think so but granted I didn't read i just haven't seen single comment saying Emma had help. Sorry feeling a little under the weather and surprisingly a little bit of pettiness is helping me feel a little better.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-24-2022 at 09:47 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/