Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    he's manspreading widely while being also a little gender-queer....I feel like the entire "queer-bating" Harry Styles twitter discussion is represented in one image. lol
    Does Genderqueer just mean anything now

Firestar death was.... unexpected, i mean it was violent.
    It would be great to keep a list of those who got "thumbs up" and "thumbs down". Im curious for the next judgment.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was wondering why he was imprisoned as I haven't been following Eternals. I guess he supposedly died in the series?
    I haven't been following Eternals either but both Thanos and Starfox died in Donny Cates' Guardians of the Galaxy and Gillen brought Thanos and most of the Eternals back with the resurrection machine in his series.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Does Genderqueer just mean anything now
    The more labels people make up, the less they make sense

It looks like Emma, Exodus and Xavier were taking on the Unimind. Hope seems wrapped up ressurecting people.

Spectacular Member

^^^ yup was just about to say Hope seems to be on resurrection duty so Xavier will likely be back by next issue. It seemed to be just exodus and Emma holding the unimind off this issue, correct me if I’m wrong tho.

Lol I love that both X-men and Avengers+Phastos were making their own plans to take down the Celestial and the Celestial was like "lol you ain't takin down **** now get your @$$ ready for the judgment baby".

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I haven't been following Eternals either but both Thanos and Starfox died in Donny Cates' Guardians of the Galaxy and Gillen brought Thanos and most of the Eternals back with the resurrection machine in his series.
    Ah ok, gotcha. Then the machine likely indeed brought Starfox back. I now wonder why he was locked away. They were perhaps threatened by his fabulousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Lol I love that both X-men and Avengers+Phastos were making their own plans to take down the Celestial and the Celestial was like "lol you ain't takin down **** now get your @$$ ready for the judgment baby".
    LOL! He said "God made chairs so you can sit your ass down!"
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Previously in Gillen's books, Scott's words were enough to send all the real Celestials packing. Now, when they need to get rid of a fake one, he's stuck blasting away in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Previously in Gillen's books, Scott's words were enough to send all the real Celestials packing. Now, when they need to get rid of a fake one, he's stuck blasting away in the background.
    Hope and what looked like the PF fragment did that.

I liked this issue better than the last, but I feel like we're getting short-changed on what I want to see the most which is the fights between the X-men and Eternals. I mean, you had Logan squared off with Kingo (at least I think that's his name) in that big splash page, but no fight? And my keen eye spotted Cable fighting someone in the background and getting kicked in the face too. We did get to see a panel or two of Exodus versus Ikaris, which was cool; and also as many have discussed, we saw Firestar getting blasted in half (which was brutal!)... but I still wanted more. I wanted some big, 90s style splash pages of the X-men's best H2H fighters battling it out with the Eternals. I guess I'm just old school like that, but seems like a wasted opportunity with such a great artist doing this in Valerio Schiti.

Just my $.02.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Just reposting this image because...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Mixed thoughts about this one. I mostly enjoy the rhetoric, the concepts, and the plot. The art is amazing (I'm going to miss Schiti on the X-books). But the pace is frenetic, the focus is way too broad, and the continuity is giving me a headache. Jean's voice still feels off. Starfox looks good, but the plan to use him to get the world to a kumbaya place is a bit too silly for me.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I saw Kid Omega and was like...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hope and what looked like the PF fragment did that.
    I think they were listening to Hope (my head cannon because there is no indication that they were listening to anyone), but they didn’t actually comply. It was Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial, who told them everything was good.