Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Mixed thoughts about this one. I mostly enjoy the rhetoric, the concepts, and the plot. The art is amazing (I'm going to miss Schiti on the X-books). But the pace is frenetic, the focus is way too broad, and the continuity is giving me a headache. Jean's voice still feels off. Starfox looks good, but the plan to use him to get the world to a kumbaya place is a bit too silly for me.
    What’s wrong with Jean’s voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I liked this issue better than the last, but I feel like we're getting short-changed on what I want to see the most which is the fights between the X-men and Eternals. I mean, you had Logan squared off with Kingo (at least I think that's his name) in that big splash page, but no fight? And my keen eye spotted Cable fighting someone in the background and getting kicked in the face too. We did get to see a panel or two of Exodus versus Ikaris, which was cool; and also as many have discussed, we saw Firestar getting blasted in half (which was brutal!)... but I still wanted more. I wanted some big, 90s style splash pages of the X-men's best H2H fighters battling it out with the Eternals. I guess I'm just old school like that, but seems like a wasted opportunity with such a great artist doing this in Valerio Schiti.

Just my $.02.
    Yeah I agree with this. Seeing Logan and that guy duking it out would have been great, and I was hoping for some aerial moves from Archangel. Cable certainly kicked that Eternal right back in the face, I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I saw Kid Omega and was like...
    Haha, same. In my mind I saw the Celestial step on him and say, "mistake."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Jean is doing a lot of other things so it doesn’t surprise me she’s not in the psychic fight. I think if she was in the mix, I would want her to handle the lightweights on her own. I’m sure next week we will see more of what she did in the BTS since that’s what they are doing in these other books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    My only question is how did Xavier die? Was it like a telepathic surge? A TK "bullet"? The art wasn't very clear imo.
    Death to the Mutants indicates that while mutant telepaths are stronger, the durability of the Eternals means they can drag out a telepathic battle long past the point where it would start straining the mutant telepath’s body

Jean’s family have been selectively breeding for centuries and Exodus was enhanced by Apocalypse’s celestial tech. Xavier is a first gen mutant who, like most mutants, operates on the same body types as all hominids including their weakness like blood vessels in the brain

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The recappers don't seem to think so but granted I didn't read i just haven't seen single comment saying Emma had help. Sorry feeling a little under the weather and surprisingly a little bit of pettiness is helping me feel a little better.
    I like the idea of Hope and Exodus making Emma think that its just her left alone fighting the Uni-Mind while they also fight the Uni-Mind for Emma's morale.

in Inmortal XMEN written cleary by Gillen they were figthing TOGETHER.

Emma ego is safe.

While the art is very pretty this issue I just can't take this event seriously with the gaps in logic. The X-Men are at war and the Captain Commander not only is wallpaper but can't even get a single line of dialogue. I read ya loud and clear Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was wondering why he was imprisoned as I haven't been following Eternals. I guess he supposedly died in the series?
    He died along with Thanos back in Cates’ Guardians run after Thanos overwrite his personality into Starfox.

The implication from Eve of Judgement is that some (possibly the Gaian Sisterhood or even Zuras) is trying to use Eros’ comparative genetic stability (since he presumably has the same deviant DNA as Thanos) to restart A’Lars’ research into Eternal reproduction

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Firestar death was.... unexpected, i mean it was violent.
    It would be great to keep a list of those who got "thumbs up" and "thumbs down". Im curious for the next judgment.
    Do you think her death and the other mutants actually happened or was that all still part of the Celestial messing with them? Makkari ripped Domino in half as well

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    What’s wrong with Jean’s voice?
    The dialogue that Gillen has given her in this and the last issue has mostly been relaying information and it's a bit bland, but the real problem for me are the persistent "oh hell"s and the bit about "why couldn't it be easy" which is coming off to me as matronly and borderline moribund. Like, I get it's an overwhelming situation, but I would just expect her speech to be more feisty.

Mighty Member

Maybe I'm just not trusting of Destiny.

But what I took from her saying that destroying the Celestial would go off with nothing happening was her lying through her teeth.

So the QC was okay with Jean being traumatized again by her causing collateral damage that would kill millions? This is a real reason for there to be a future schism between X-Men( Jean and Scott) and QC compared to Duggar’s reasons
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Mighty Member

I mean, this reasoning isn't different from Duggans. Other than scale (And even scale wise, QC has signed off on equally bad things.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ah ok, gotcha. Then the machine likely indeed brought Starfox back. I now wonder why he was locked away. They were perhaps threatened by his fabulousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    He died along with Thanos back in Cates’ Guardians run after Thanos overwrite his personality into Starfox.

The implication from Eve of Judgement is that some (possibly the Gaian Sisterhood or even Zuras) is trying to use Eros’ comparative genetic stability (since he presumably has the same deviant DNA as Thanos) to restart A’Lars’ research into Eternal reproduction
    To add to this, The Eternals: Thanos rises one-shot stated that Thanos and Starfox's parents were excluded because they're act of procreation led to Thanos and also led to the conclusion that Eternals' breeding as a whole is bad. The Eve of Judgement one-shot also stated that Eros is excluded not because of anything he did, but rather what he could be led to do (the genetic reproduction experiment that king of hybrids alluded to).

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I mean, this reasoning isn't different from Duggans. Other than scale (And even scale wise, QC has signed off on equally bad things.)
    You have a point. Though compared to to DugganÂ’s, which seem tame. This time the QC really took the plunge.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!