Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Makes me wonder why they didn't went with "Genocide" instead? It basicly carries the same nasty implication of being a destructive powerfull evil being, but is more a general term, rather than commonly refering to a specific case in history.

It would also match the theme naming of Apocalpyse and his Four Horsemen much more (essentialy all named after events which cause massive suffering and destruction), whereas Nemesis refers to a specific personal or arch enemey (also being the name of a female goddess of retribution in Greek mythology).

And if that was still too problematic there could have been plenty of other biblic or destructive terms they could have picked.
    I would posit that when the issue arose they wanted to go from "Problematic" to "NOT Problematic", instead of only LESS so. And the identity of Nemesis was already established as a prior form of the character...unless the Nemesis story itself was an internal AOA retcon. I don't recall the chronology of the backstory reveal but the name Holocaust lasted for the duration of the crossover for certain.

And they eventually got to the GENOCIDE naming when the character turned up much much later. Although the revel of Famine/Autumn as his mother was all kinds of ICK.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Willi...on_(Earth-616)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

So question...

Why did the Shi'ar hide a past mutant imprint on Cable's old satellite station? Seems to be an odd choice to hide evidence of an old crime

Which podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I also thought that this was a possibility. The idea of the first generation of mutants was Hickman's creation right at the very beginning in HOX/POX, not Orlando's, he just picked it up and went to explore it. It was also Hickman -according to Orlando- who encouraged him to go this route and make his story big and to be on the forefront. The X-Office/Hickman said that they planned the stories for the X line for the next couple of years together, and that they're still on the paths of Hickman's plans.

Also some interesting things Orlando said in a recent podcast:
    Looks like Marauders will have a big impact on Krakoa(actually Orlando was saying this from the very beginning), and it will affect other books too!

- "You'll see Al touches a little bit on politics and stuff in X-Men Red, which is related to stuff we're doing in Marauders.

- A lot is coming and there are revelations that are going to reflect not just in Marauders but in X-Men, in Krakoa in general, provided we stick to the landing
    which we're trying hard to do.

- You're gonna find out new ways that things are connected that hopefully come as an exciting surprise and its gonna be in Marauders.

- We will reward you with foundational revelations about Krakoa.

- You'll be able to get in on page 1 with a huge new part of X-Men lore and you could be there when it starts. So I would get on the ?spot? if you're not reading it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecomics_alot View Post
    Which podcast?
    I think @Ilovecomics_alot was asking what podcast from this post.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecomics_alot View Post
    Which podcast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think @Ilovecomics_alot was asking what podcast from this post.

https://redcircle.com/shows/graymalk...b-56a118c51bee

it's like the last half our or so. He is the second guest.
    Be kind, it's FREE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't understand the timeline between books here.

This is clearly stated to be set pre-Gala.

In the Gala issue, Bishop is on Krakoa when the Bugle article is released.

In X-Men Red #4, Xandra has already been resurrected and Black Panther has read the Bugle article, but Oracle doesn't know Xandra is resurrected.

In this issue, Bishop sees Oracle and Xandra together before returning to Krakoa.

This would have worked if they didn't put Oracle in the panel and set it post-Gala, or did it pre-Gala but had Bishop leave before Xandra got back.
    Just how long has Xandra Neramani been on Earth that she was in Cerebro's database and capable of being resurrected via the Resurrection Protocols when she was genetically engineered, incubated and hatched (so to speak) somewhere in Shi'ar space?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

so I have a real problem with Tempo being able to travel to the past. because that would mean she would have to rewind all of the linear steps her and her crew had just taken to get back to a point in time that they all shared but at different geographical points in history. thats the way her powers are supposed to work. she can't jump through time she can only manipulate it immediately. but now I guess she can d this too? it seems like it kinda cheapens her very specific very cool powerset. chronologically tweaking her way through space and especially time.

het just jumping to a place in a time she's never been to, seems way far fetched.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I would posit that when the issue arose they wanted to go from "Problematic" to "NOT Problematic", instead of only LESS so. And the identity of Nemesis was already established as a prior form of the character...unless the Nemesis story itself was an internal AOA retcon. I don't recall the chronology of the backstory reveal but the name Holocaust lasted for the duration of the crossover for certain.

And they eventually got to the GENOCIDE naming when the character turned up much much later. Although the revel of Famine/Autumn as his mother was all kinds of ICK.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Willi...on_(Earth-616)
    Nemesis (Earth-295) | William Rolfson (Earth-616) | Autumn Rolfson (Earth-616): When the X-Men stormed Apocalypse's citadel, Holocaust attempted to slay Magneto but was stopped when Nate Grey intervened. In their battle, Nate impaled Holocaust with a shard of the M'kraan Crystal, causing both of them to be transported to the Earth-616 universe.

Autumn Rolfson and her son William Rolfson Nur

The transport to Earth-616 destroyed Holocausts armor, and he was in suspended animation trapped in a large chunk of M'Kraan Crystal in space. His body was discovered by the Acolytes who took him aboard their space station Avalon. Revived, and thinking that he was still in his own reality, Holocaust went on a rampage aboard Avalon, killing the Acolytes Milan and Rusty Collins before clashing with Exodus. The two's battle destroyed Avalon, causing the space station to break apart on entry through Earth's atmosphere. Holocaust easily defeated Exodus in battle.

BANNED

BANNED

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Just how long has Xandra Neramani been on Earth that she was in Cerebro's database and capable of being resurrected via the Resurrection Protocols when she was genetically engineered, incubated and hatched (so to speak) somewhere in Shi'ar space?

Go read X-men red, it explains very clearly how Xandra was resurrected. Do you ignore things so that way you can ask questions or to busy to read?

BANNED

Asking me if I ignore things so that I can ask questions smacks of fanboy/girl envy. But, I'll run with it and respond with, neither be the case... Had known I could have found the answer to my query in X-Men Red I would not have poised it in the first place. Besides, asking questions and providing comic book-related answers is 75% of what these forums, amongst other things, are all about. Wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-29-2022 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Asking me if I ignore things so that I can ask questions smacks of fanboy/girl envy. But, I'll run with it and respond with, neither be the case... Had known I could have found the answer to my query in X-Men Red I would not have poised it in the first place. Besides, asking questions and providing comic book-related answers is 75% of what these forums, amongst other things, are all about. Wouldn't you agree?
    I find your answer nonsensical as there is nothing about envy when it comes to the ignorance in your question. But you frequent the storm thread and post regularly there and this was covered there quite a bit so I don't understand how you missed it.

BANNED

Ah, so you're one of those types, huh? Too bad you couldn't have just answered my original question or simply told me which issue of X-Men Red to refer to... Thanks anyway, peace.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Before he became the contained energy being, he had a "human" form as Apocalypse's son, Nemesis, in AOA. When they stopped using the name
    He... does not look like the son of dark-haired/dark-eyed/dark-skinned Egyptian dude...

IIRC, his mom wasn't blonde either, so maybe he bleaches his hair? And skin?