Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I found it crazy that in a data page they dropped the information that some Cable from the future appeared and brought this totally random Cerebra character to the present and she wants to meet Kate. And suddenly Cerebra is there. Why and why should I care?

Btw, Orlando's data pages are the worst. So much paragraphs to read and I always feel like they were unecessaryly long and boring.
    It happened in Orlando's Spider-Man 2099 Exodus series. They should have maybe added an editorial note...
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh Weather! Not "some" Cable from the future, babe. THE Cable.
    Older than "Bable" but younger than X-Men Red's Cable.
    Cerebra was dying, and Cable knows that Krakoan Resurrection is available in the present, and so he brought her to be saved, AND meet Kate, who she admires.
    Why and why should we care? I imagine that explanation awaits us in the subsequent story ABOUT Cerebra. haha.

My burning question is HOW they managed to resurrect Cerebra. Very curious for that explanation.
    I imagine Cerebro was able to capture her memories before she died and then she was able to be resurrected.

I understood the Cable part. I just think it's bad writing to drop the information in a data page that he brought her, give the the reason why he did so, say that she was resurrected... Just to show her there in the next page. It's too much "tell don't show" for me. Data pages should complement the stories, not tell them for lack of space.

I asked why should I care because they made her the special appearance in the last page, like I should be excited by her. And I don't think many people know of the character (me included). I was listening to a podcast with Spurrier and Gillen these days, and they said that using the last page to show a mostly unknown character should be used very carefully, because many times the reader would be like "who is this and why should I care?". And that was my reaction exactly haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    It happened in Orlando's Spider-Man 2099 Exodus series. They should have maybe added an editorial note...
    Totally agree. I was lost. lol

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

- Aurora and Daken stayed back with Chronicle? The art and dialogue from #4 didn't hint at that.
    - Boost fruits? Was that from #2?
    - Why did Nova turn into a Venom? Am I tripping balls?
    - Where was Piotr?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So is Daken going to go by Fang now and wear that costume? If so, I kind of like it.

looks like it. He's already wearing the costume on the main cover of the November issue.
    What do you think about that Logan stole his yellow-brown costume design from Fang's? (He once wore his exact costume too)

Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh Weather! Not "some" Cable from the future, babe. THE Cable.
    Older than "Bable" but younger than X-Men Red's Cable.
    Cerebra was dying, and Cable knows that Krakoan Resurrection is available in the present, and so he brought her to be saved, AND meet Kate, who she admires.
    Why and why should we care? I imagine that explanation awaits us in the subsequent story ABOUT Cerebra. haha.

My burning question is HOW they managed to resurrect Cerebra. Very curious for that explanation.
    Not sure why Orlando was expecting X-MEN readers to be up-to-date on a 2099 Spider-Man plot.
    Marvel, please hire editors. On God.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Was there really a moment they talked about RED LOTUS?

OMG, my day is now great again. Was he shown on panel as well?

BTW: Does anyone else like Red Lotus or am I alone in this?
    Oh I have always liked Red Lotus! But also, I find it amusing the last time I thought of him he was making out with Rachel as she purged Selene from him....

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    - Aurora and Daken stayed back with Chronicle? The art and dialogue from #4 didn't hint at that.
    - Boost fruits? Was that from #2?
    - Why did Nova turn into a Venom? Am I tripping balls?
    - Where was Piotr?
    - Aurora was literally telling the team that while she and Akihiro stay to fight the Kin Crimson, the team can go back in time in issue #4
    - boost fruit was used in issue #1, also #3 and this one. But yeah, it's the same boost fruit that was introduced in issue #1
    - Because the Kin Crimson made weapons out of symbiotes called Wet Skin, and in issue #3 when Cassandra fought one of the Kin Crimson, she freed and healed the symbiote (it was Zzxz, a mutant symbiote) also defeating that Kin Crimson guy by letting Zzxz eat him. The Wet Skin was explained by Cassandra - The Kin Crimsons were lobotomizing symbiotes. So after she saved him, in return Zzxz saved Cassandra in issue #5. Apparently she became his host after she freed him. And at the end of issue #5 she gave Zzxz to Warbird, becoming the new host.
    -Piotr? he wasn't in it.
    Be kind, it's FREE

- Aurora was literally telling the team that while she and Akihiro stay to fight the Kin Crimson, the team can go back in time in issue #4
    - boost fruit was used in issue #1, also #3 and this one. But yeah, it's the same boost fruit that was introduced in issue #1
    - Because the Kin Crimson made weapons out of symbiotes called Wet Skin, and in issue #3 when Cassandra fought one of the Kin Crimson, she freed and healed the symbiote (it was Zzxz, a mutant symbiote) also defeating that Kin Crimson guy by letting Zzxz eat him. The Wet Skin was explained by Cassandra - The Kin Crimsons were lobotomizing symbiotes. So after she saved him, in return Zzxz saved Cassandra in issue #5. Apparently she became his host after she freed him. And at the end of issue #5 she gave Zzxz to Warbird, becoming the new host.
    -Piotr? he wasn't in it.
    So the symbiotes used for the Wet Skins are the same race as Venom but when the Kin Crimson use them it doesn't make them look like Venom. What a weird art choice.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Not sure why Orlando was expecting X-MEN readers to be up-to-date on a 2099 Spider-Man plot.
    Marvel, please hire editors. On God.
    Is Cerebra appearing in Spiderman?
    Orlando is a big 90's X-fan so he's pulling from this:

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Congrats to Akihiro on his promotion to Yellow Panther I mean Fang

looks like it. He's already wearing the costume on the main cover of the November issue.
    What do you think about that Logan stole his yellow-brown costume design from Fang's? (He once wore his exact costume too)

I think it’s kind of cool. Basically he said, “Man, I kind of liked those colors” and just got himself a new costume in brown and tan.

Having said that, I used to think Logan’s costume in the 80s was actually maroon and gold, because I had that old school Secret Wars figure of Wolverine and the brown part of his costume was definitely colored maroon. Which I actually liked. In fact, I always assumed that Old Man Logan’s maroon shirt was kind of a nod to that and the fact that a lot of colorists in the 80s made his outfit maroon instead of brown.

Hmm… perhaps Logan should get a maroon/gray costume to distinguish him from Laura (black/gold) and Daken (brown/gold)? Just a thought.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I understood the Cable part. I just think it's bad writing to drop the information in a data page that he brought her, give the the reason why he did so, say that she was resurrected... Just to show her there in the next page. It's too much "tell don't show" for me. Data pages should complement the stories, not tell them for lack of space.
    Agreed. Had they actually shown this series of events, rather than described it in a data page, I would’ve bought the issue for the Cable appearance.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thanks DAHX for the explanation/synopsis of the plot.

Just have to say that nothing there tells me why I should care about the very "First Generation" of Mutants. At least why it's an imperative over the thousands of mutants on Earth now who may need rescuing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I loved Daken's X-Factor redesign so of course they are going to get rid of it quickly and go back to a Wolverine hand me down...
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think it’s kind of cool. Basically he said, “Man, I kind of liked those colors” and just got himself a new costume in brown and tan.

Having said that, I used to think Logan’s costume in the 80s was actually maroon and gold, because I had that old school Secret Wars figure of Wolverine and the brown part of his costume was definitely colored maroon. Which I actually liked. In fact, I always assumed that Old Man Logan’s maroon shirt was kind of a nod to that and the fact that a lot of colorists in the 80s made his outfit maroon instead of brown.

Hmm… perhaps Logan should get a maroon/gray costume to distinguish him from Laura (black/gold) and Daken (brown/gold)? Just a thought.
    Yeah, I found it funny.

Idk, I like Logan current costume tbh. But it's also a good idea to somewhat distinguish their costumes if they all wear a Wolverine-like costume.
    I don't know how long Daken's Fang costume's gonna stick, but I like how Logan, Laura and Daken all had a phase wearing that costume lol It's a family tradition now

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thanks DAHX for the explanation/synopsis of the plot.

Just have to say that nothing there tells me why I should care about the very "First Generation" of Mutants. At least why it's an imperative over the thousands of mutants on Earth now who may need rescuing.
    you're welcome

And that's a very good question. Well, they're gonna travel back in time to Threshold in the next arc if I understand it correctly, so hopefully we'll learn why they matter and why we should care.
    Be kind, it's FREE