Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Deathbird with a symbiote has been a thing since the (short-lived) Spider-Man and the X-Men book back in 2014-2015 before Jonathan Hickman's Secret Wars. Was pretty cool, though, so I'd cosign wanting to see more of her, too.
    Warbird got it, not Deathbird.

Not all birds look alike, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    does anyone know how somunus was in bed with? it's completely slipping my mind who that is. The color and edges make it look like gladiator but then i was like i don't think that top piece on his hair is a hat.
    Neutron, a Stygian Superguardian made of stars.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Who is that Cerebra character at the end of the issue?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Who is that Cerebra character at the end of the issue?
    She's from the 2099 book Orlando's writing. As the name suggests, she's essentially an organic Cerebro.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    She's from the 2099 book Orlando's writing. As the name suggests, she's essentially an organic Cerebro.
    Ohh alright. Thanks.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

So now that this arc over can someone go over the main points of this arc?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Was there really a moment they talked about RED LOTUS?

OMG, my day is now great again. Was he shown on panel as well?

BTW: Does anyone else like Red Lotus or am I alone in this?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I honestly couldn't tell you even if I had all 5 issues open in front of me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So is Daken going to go by Fang now and wear that costume? If so, I kind of like it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't understand the timeline between books here.
    I've decided to never again question the "WHEN" of it all when it comes to this title.
    Whatever the situation, whatever the WTF I find myself feeling, I'm just going to say to myself "Gurl, they have Tempo on the team. Don't stress about it"

Highlights of this issue for me were 100% Deathbird bisecting that bitch for her niece, Akihiro getting Imperially honored for clutch Murder, Somnus opening his Krakoan Gate for knowledge, and seeing KwanCrow(?) Greynon(?) thriving and OMFG I almost forgot about that beautiful burgundy babe, SEXODUS, serving supreme zealot pontifications like the glowy eyed prophet he is. I swoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I honestly couldn't tell you even if I had all 5 issues open in front of me.
    RIP Me.
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-25-2022 at 05:54 AM.

I found it crazy that in a data page they dropped the information that some Cable from the future appeared and brought this totally random Cerebra character to the present and she wants to meet Kate. And suddenly Cerebra is there. Why and why should I care?

Btw, Orlando's data pages are the worst. So much paragraphs to read and I always feel like they were unecessaryly long and boring.

Summary of the first arc:

The arc kicks off with the mystery of Kate receiving a 2 billion years old mysteryum box with her name on it (mysteryum was just recently invented, it's impossible to be 2 billion years old, implying time travel right from the start). The box contains a map that leads to Cassandra Nova on Krakoa,-Xavier let her live there but kept her as a secret. Cassandra is still evil and enjoys it, the only exception is that she wants to protect mutants, and hurt the people who try to hurt them.

From her time with the Shi'ar (Morrison's New X-Men run) she knows about the existence and survivals of the first generation of mutants who are kept as hostages by the Shi'ar up to this day. Since she's the only one who knows about them, they have no choice but accept her as a member on the Marauders, although they're really not happy about it. It was established by Hickman in HOX/POX that Apocalypse, his family and the Okkara mutants are second generation mutants. This story aims to discover the first generation. So the Marauders go to space to rescue these mutants from the Shi'ar.
    They lived on Earth 2 billion years ago(which would be impossible, so we still need to learn how that happened). It was called Threshold where they lived.

The Marauders are confronted by the Shi'ar. It turns out there existed a secret group,the Kin Crimson in the Shi'ar empire all this time, from their primitive time, even preceding the first Emperor. The ancestors of the Shi'ar conquered other societies, committing crimes - so the Shi'ar is a society build on blood. The Kin Crimson was established. they have 10 secrets, it's about the Shi'ar past crimes. they vowed to protect them, keep their history hidden and rewrite it as they wish. No matter what, no-one can learn the truth & the 10 secrets, not even the Emperors/Empresses throughout time. They even kill Xandra for it later.

Xandra just learned now about the existence of the Kin Crimson and the secrets -though she only fully learns about the first one: The First Blood Spilled. Its about ancient Shi'ar trying to commit genocide against the Threshold/first generation of mutants. The Kin Crimson ordered Xandra that they have to stop the Marauders, can't let them learn the truth because that could cause war between mutants and Shi'ar in the present. Xandra first agrees, but changes her mind and wants to learn the truth of her people's past crimes and decide to help the Marauders instead.

Other secrets are that the Kin Crimson invented weapons, but in a way of stealing them from other species with special abilities, eliminating them in the process.(eg: symbiotes). Also the Kin Crimson were monitoring mutants all this time since 2 billion years ago. The Threshold mutants mysteriously disappeared at some point with the exception of some survivals(who were kept imprisoned by the Kin Crimson), and mutants didn't resurface for a long time, until prehistoric time(I think). the Kin Crimson saw everything, e.g: what happened with Okkara.

Marauders+Xandra go to a place Krag where the Kin Crimson stores the Chronicle which contains the 10 secrets. They first think it's a book, but it turns out that it's a Lupak - Lupak is a species, they get cloned after they die(for example Fang is one of the Imperial Guard who is a Lupak) so they're kind of unkillable. Every time the Kin Crimson updated the Chronicle with new data, they killed and cloned him.
    Kin Crimson don't want the Marauders get to the Chronicle, Xandra and Kate die in the fight.
    Marauders learn from the Chronicle via telepathy about the Threshold mutants, that the last of them were kept prisoners by the Shi'ar and then destroyed a few years back. So they decide to travel back in time with the power of Tempo and save them.

It's Magneto's Avalon in space where the last Thresholders were kept and were still alive. the Marauders arrive back in time when Nemesis, who escaped from Age of Apocalypse reality attacked and destroyed the station, so they're also in danger and not much time left. They find the Threshold mutant, but there is only one. They make sure they didn't change anything in the event bc that could potentially change their timeline and the present they return to.
    They safely arrive back home in the present, Akihiro killed the Chronicle and Deathbird also shows up meaning she escaped. She had been previously abducted by the Kin Crimson before the Marauders even arrived, to not be in the way for the Kin Crimson's plans.

Xandra, Kate are resurrected, everyone is happy, the Kin Crimson is defeated and being hunted down. they have a saved the Threshold mutant -although they don't know how to open the timedrive he/she is kept in yet-, the Marauders return home and we see on the last page who joins the team: Cerebra, from X-Men 2099. She was just resurrected on Krakoa and she was looking for Kate before she died.

Next issue is an AXE tie-in, focusing on the characters/having a therapy session

Next arc, the Marauders go to Threshold
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I found it crazy that in a data page they dropped the information that some Cable from the future appeared and brought this totally random Cerebra character to the present and she wants to meet Kate. And suddenly Cerebra is there. Why and why should I care?

Btw, Orlando's data pages are the worst. So much paragraphs to read and I always feel like they were unecessaryly long and boring.
    Oh Weather! Not "some" Cable from the future, babe. THE Cable.
    Older than "Bable" but younger than X-Men Red's Cable.
    Cerebra was dying, and Cable knows that Krakoan Resurrection is available in the present, and so he brought her to be saved, AND meet Kate, who she admires.
    Why and why should we care? I imagine that explanation awaits us in the subsequent story ABOUT Cerebra. haha.

My burning question is HOW they managed to resurrect Cerebra. Very curious for that explanation.
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-25-2022 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Was there really a moment they talked about RED LOTUS?

OMG, my day is now great again. Was he shown on panel as well?

BTW: Does anyone else like Red Lotus or am I alone in this?
    I don't think we saw Red Lotus in-person, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Space: The Final Frontier.
    "Cable was right!"