Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Cosmic Fear Garou (One Punch Man) versus Midora (Toriko)

Two villains/anti-heroes with insane mimicry abilities, a buttload of esoteric tricks and wildly high stats - why not throw them at each other and see what happens?

Battle takes place in the land of the Kais from Dragonball. Both are dimensionally tethered to the area to prevent BFR.

An old thread here with some Midora stuff discussed in it.

And another one with some more feats.

Who wins? The Hero Hunter or the Gourmet Hunter?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 08-26-2022 at 04:28 AM.

Alright, this one has died a death.

I'll give my thoughts before letting it sink into the void.

This is a tough to suss out to be honest (partly why I made it) both of them have remarkably broken powersets to bring to the table. I think the long battle really benefits Garou as he actually has feats of rapid growth, though that growth is somewhat predicated on copying the abilities of his opponent.

Midora can copy any ability he sees instantly and near perfectly but I don't recall him experiencing the same kind of explosive growth that Garou does. He also has absurdly high level regeneration, on a higher level than Garou has, so it's a bit of a an open question as to who the long game favours. Garou can copy his strength and match him, Midora has regeneration and more gimmicks to fall back on at the outset.

With Minority World, Midora could, in theory, reverse Garou's attempt to copy his strength which should hold Garou back from levelling up to match him off the bat.

That's a big if though. Garou is canny enough to figure out Minority World quickly enough and potentially copy it which would just take it off the field for the most part. Food Luck is also copiable, insofar that Midora copied it, but I don't know how much of it Garou would get from copying it as it is a finite resource.

All in all, it's a close one. Midora works on a more consistently large scale. Even Saitama's table flip is kids stuff to a being of his level. Heck, even the Jupiter sneeze isn't too far off his level of scale if you look at his biggest moves.

I think... advantage Midora. Garou starts at a disadvantage and can only really catch up if he's given room to breathe.

Extraordinary Member

I'd probably back Midora too.

I don't remember the exact details but didn't fairly casually blast away multiple giant energy hands that Acacia-Neo aimed at the earth (which for weird manga reasons is larger than Jupiter in our world), with all of those hands being the same size as the planet itself. That's a general level that Garou hasn't reached yet.

Granted, he could reach that level with his constant evolution bit. But he has some catching up to do, and that doesn't always end well for him. Unlike most other encounters he wouldn't really get a chance to catch up if he fails here. And I for one question if he could learn how to use Minority World and/or Food Luck as those are more like powers than straight up martial arts techniques. Although, the God energy might help with that.

Overall, I'd give Midora the edge for having a stronger starting hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd probably back Midora too.

I don't remember the exact details but didn't fairly casually blast away multiple giant energy hands that Acacia-Neo aimed at the earth (which for weird manga reasons is larger than Jupiter in our world), with all of those hands being the same size as the planet itself. That's a general level that Garou hasn't reached yet.
    Mixing a few feats there. Acacia threatened the planet with a giant energy hand and Midora blasted it away with Meteor Spice (which itself was on the level of devastate the entirety of the regular earth's surface) Acacia was then like "okay nerd," and summoned like ten hands at once to destroy the entire planet and they got Food Luck-ed away though not by Midora specifically.

Also, Toriko planet is actually a bit smaller than Jupiter but it is a rocky planet of that scale rather than a gas giant so it has way more mass.

Granted, he could reach that level with his constant evolution bit. But he has some catching up to do, and that doesn't always end well for him. Unlike most other encounters he wouldn't really get a chance to catch up if he fails here. And I for one question if he could learn how to use Minority World and/or Food Luck as those are more like powers than straight up martial arts techniques. Although, the God energy might help with that.

Overall, I'd give Midora the edge for having a stronger starting hand.
    Given that Garou learnt Blast's wormhole power and cosmic energy manipulation by taking a bit of God's power, I think he might be able to do it. He also taught Saitama to go back in time. Dude has range.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Given that Garou learnt Blast's wormhole power and cosmic energy manipulation by taking a bit of God's power, I think he might be able to do it. He also taught Saitama to go back in time. Dude has range.
    I will admit that I completely forgot that he learned those. Oops.

Well considering that Garou can dish out the energy of a super Nova(gamma Ray burst), and was half responsible for who knows how many star systems being obliterated via two serious punches colliding, can this Midora really stand up to that?
    Last edited by Cody; 09-06-2022 at 03:24 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Well considering that Garou can dish out the energy of a super Nova(gamma Ray burst), and was half responsible for who knows how many star systems being obliterated via two serious punches colliding, can this Midora really stand up to that?
    The star system busting is obvious SMvsFL since neither Garou not the vastly more powerful Saitama ever showed anything close to that level before or since.

And Garou's gamma ray burst was nowhere near the level off the real phenomena but, if you want to go that way - Don Slime, who was beneath Midora by some way manifested a supernova so Midora would be more than comfortable with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The star system busting is obvious SMvsFL since neither Garou not the vastly more powerful Saitama ever showed anything close to that level before or since.
    How is it SMvFL? Of course nothing on this level was done prior to this, both were stronger than they ever were before(recent upgrade for Garou, Saitama is pissed and growing stronger), and it is the most recent fight in the series, so of course nothing has matched it yet, there hasn't been another fight!

And Garou's gamma ray burst was nowhere near the level off the real phenomena but, if you want to go that way - Don Slime, who was beneath Midora by some way manifested a supernova so Midora would be more than comfortable with that.
    For a guy to smash half of the the many star systems that were wiped out, yeah I don't see why it wouldn't be as strong as the real thing. Simply grazing the surface of the planet was said to be very dire for the earth.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    How is it SMvFL? Of course nothing on this level was done prior to this, both were stronger than they ever were before(recent upgrade for Garou, Saitama is pissed and growing stronger), and it is the most recent fight in the series, so of course nothing has matched it yet, there hasn't been another fight!
    It's SMvsFL because it's billions of times more powerful than anything either combatant have shown before or since. I'm just going to quote myself the last time it came up:

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta
    I am of the opinion that it is not credible, given that /literally everything else in One Punch Man/ (both Garou and Saitama included) has been shown to operate a planetary level, that Saitama and Garou punching at each other generated levels of energy literally billions upon billions of times higher.

Like, to destroy a single sun, you would need to generate energy /millions/ of times higher than you would to destroy an earth sized planet. You are arguing that is somehow credible that Saitama and Garou made not only that but also billions of times more energy than anything either of them had shown previously.

This, to me, is not a viable line of argument. It feels like wild SMvsFL and shouldn't be considered a credible part of the characters' in question presentation.
    That statement was made ahead of the Jupiter sneeze feat happening.

And I will also point out that /if/ Garou were capable of generating even 1/100th of the amount of energy required to snuff /multiple star systems/, someone messing with the atmosphere of Jupiter (even by a sneeze) is so comically below that level it doesn't make any sense for him to be freaked out by it like he was in the story.

For a guy to smash half of the the many star systems that were wiped out, yeah I don't see why it wouldn't be as strong as the real thing. Simply grazing the surface of the planet was said to be very dire for the earth.
    Okay, to run through a couple of points that were addressed the last time this came up in a thread that I note you were in at the time.

1) "Threatening the planet," is such long way below the impact a real gamma ray burst would have on the planet that saying it is therefore not a clear indication that Garou was making the equivalent to the real thing.

2) That said, real world gamma ray bursts do not threaten much less destroy multiple star systems so the other feat would still be SMvsFL because it's waaaay out there.

3) Characters in Toriko who are significantly weaker than Midora not only have feats of being capable of destroying areas on the scale of our planet but also are capable of threatening the Toriko world which is closer in scale to Jupiter.

Midora himself has multiple feats of throwing out attacks on a greater-than-regular-earth planetary scale. Being a planet buster when the planet is regular earth is not particularly anything to write home about in this fight.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-07-2022 at 01:50 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Agreed with the above. The 'snuffing out dozens of star systems' (or hundreds, whatever it was) feat actually comes BEFORE Garou and Saitama's massive upgrades, and it's so far beyond those 'upgrades' it's not even funny.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate