Default Sloth and Chunk vs Hodor and Bran

Hand-to-hand fight only.

Which team wins?

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Man, that's just cruel.

Even with Bran unable to use his ability to turn into a wolf, Hodor crushes them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Man, that's just cruel.

Even with Bran unable to use his ability to turn into a wolf, Hodor crushes them both.
    Has Hodor shown any sort of real strength in either the book or the show? Sloth on the other hand ripped his chains out of the wall and stopped a rock slide.

Even if he did, Hodor has no showing of any fighting skill. Bran would have to take over Hodor for him to be effective and in the arena, that would leave Bran vulnerable.

I could see chunk jumping on Hodor's back ala the princess bride and choking him out while sloth keeps him busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    Has Hodor shown any sort of real strength in either the book or the show?
    From what you've described he seems to be on or slightly above Sloth's level, having held up a collapsing roof and pushed open a door blocked by lots (I want to say tons, but that's highly debatable) of debris.

Does Sloth have any fighting skill? I'm like the only 80's kid who's never seen the Goonies.

BANNED

The key in this fight is Bran. Sloth needs to survive long enough for Chunk to pull a coup de grace on Bran.

Fantastic Member

From what you've described he seems to be on or slightly above Sloth's level, having held up a collapsing roof and pushed open a door blocked by lots (I want to say tons, but that's highly debatable) of debris.

Does Sloth have any fighting skill? I'm like the only 80's kid who's never seen the Goonies.
    He doesn't necessarily fight with skill, but he does take the initiative in fights without some one directing his actions beyond "get them," which I think is Hodor's main draw back. Even bloodlusted Hodor i don't think would know how to throw a punch, choke some one out, or wrestle.

At the very least when Sloth's two convict brothers want to fight him, they believe they need to trick him instead of fighting him straight out. When they realize he cannot be tricked, they try to throw each other under the bus to avoid Sloth's wrath. He does beat them by slamming their heads together.

Hondor is impressively strong, but Sloth more so and worse, Sloth apparently has Rain man like abilities when it comes to ripping off movies because he totally copied all the stuff he saw from pirate movies.

And if he rips his shirt? Goodnight team warg

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    Even bloodlusted Hodor i don't think would know how to throw a punch, choke some one out, or wrestle.
    I dunno, I think that may be going a little far.

Anyway, I completely forgot about Bran's ability to take over Hodor's body. With Bran's intelligence and combat training (which isn't much, but still more than Sloth or Chunk ever got) driving Hodor's massive strength, I don't think either of them is going to get a shot at taking out Bran's body.

Mighty Member

The smart move by Bran would be to take over Sloth.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    The smart move by Bran would be to take over Sloth.
    That is a great point and may ultimately put this in Bran's favor. It would depend on whether Sloth is able to repel Bran. The only reason Bran is able to take over Hodor is because of his low intelligence. Sloth is probably a bit higher in terms of intelligence and we know that he has some will power. If chunk has normal equipment he would have a baby ruth. We all know how crazy sloth goes for a baby ruth and would do anything if Chunk offers him one.

Really this point makes it a toss up.

Fantastic Member

I dunno, I think that may be going a little far.

Anyway, I completely forgot about Bran's ability to take over Hodor's body. With Bran's intelligence and combat training (which isn't much, but still more than Sloth or Chunk ever got) driving Hodor's massive strength, I don't think either of them is going to get a shot at taking out Bran's body.
    Perhaps. I just think that Hodor by himself really doesn't have the mental capacity to defend himself effectively.

You are right about Hodor Bran combo being much more effective. At the very least Hodor would be able to use his strength more effectively. However at that point it become a two on one battle with brandor having to protect brand's body.

All Sloth needs to do in this situation is keep Brandor busy for a few minutes for chunk to kick brand in the throat.