Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure about how the timelines are officially being labeled, all I know is the current 2099 stuff is being treated as though its directly in the future of this current 616 timeline. Orlando did an Ask Me Anything thread on twitter right before the start of his 2099 stuff, and when people asked about the living/dead status of various 2099 characters, he specified that all his stuff was picking up directly from the end of the last 2099 stories, springing out of the stuff with the Phalanx and Doom and the Savage Land, and all those previous events. So characters who died in the earlier 2099 stories were still dead in these new ones, etc. So again, I can't speak to how they're labeling timelines or periods, but it seems there's definitely been an effort to treat all pre-existing 2099 stories as though they're part of the same universe as the current 2099 stories.
Do you have a link to this AMA?

From what I remember, Spider-Man 2099 Vol 1 44 is the ending of the original timeline. Everything after that until Manifest Destiny was retconned to Earth-96943 by Peter David for Spider-Man 2099 Vol 2, with his time in Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 Vol 2 and Vol 3 taking place right after Vol 1 44. Nick Spencer then has that version of Spider-Man 2099 return to his wife and son in the present.

So, maybe in this new Earth-2099, similar events occur to the original 2099 but it's still the new one that was created by Spencer during his Spider-Man run.

After all, Spencer has Miguel tell Peter Parker this during his run: "My present and your future, your future and my present - there is something that connects us. Interlinks us. You've met people from other futures, different from mine. But those futures are fixed within an infinite Multiverse. They are other Earths. Where I'm from is still your Earth. There is no branching."