Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Some are speculating that the "key" will make Mount Doom active.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The Elves are fading fast ( I didn't understand how and why mithril will stop it but then I thought the elven rings are used to heal and preserve). It feels like someone is lying here though to push Elrond and guilt trip Durin to assist them. The Stranger's scenes were awesome and especially him using his powers. I enjoyed everything that happened in Numenor and especially with Galadriel even though I keep wishing she was taller. Pharazon's expanding Numenor's reach was Interesting so I'm guessing we won't see the last of it this season.

Southlands was interesting. I loved most of Adar's scene but most especially his last sunset. At the keep, Bronwyn's speech was unconvincing and Arondir moved the story forward by connecting the hilt of the sword with the keep they are trying to defend. Honestly I don't get this story - these ppl can hardly feed themselves how can they fight a horde of orcs?
    The whole 'elves are fading fast' sounds like a manipulation tactic to get a hold of mithril. At this point, none of the rings have been made yet, so the elves can't heal or preserve anything.

With the introduction of the three weirdos who seem to be tracking the Stranger, I'm starting to suspect that Adar isn't Sauron.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some are speculating that the "key" will make Mount Doom active.
    I didn't even consider that as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The whole 'elves are fading fast' sounds like a manipulation tactic to get a hold of mithril. At this point, none of the rings have been made yet, so the elves can't heal or preserve anything.

With the introduction of the three weirdos who seem to be tracking the Stranger, I'm starting to suspect that Adar isn't Sauron.
    who is Sauron then? Waldreg desperately is asking . Will they ever reveal him in this season?
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-23-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Watched the first two episodes with my wife. We both liked it in general and that it had a nice fairytale vibe.

On the negative side we thought the elves didn't look very elvish despite having larger ears. My wife said Celebrimbor looks too old, and "Looks like a cross between Matt Smith's dad and Michael Palin."

Galadriel jumping into the sea to swim all the way back to Middle Earth was silly beyond belief.

My wife was fine with it, but I thought; "Really? Another forbidden romance?" They're supposed to be a rare thing amongst the elves, but now each of these Lord of the Rings film/tv things has one

Addition; I quite liked Sauron's mark looking like the shape of Mordor. I know these things have nothing to do with the story, but as an artist I like visual rhymes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I didn't even consider that as an option.

who is Sauron then? Waldreg desperately is asking . Will they ever reveal him in this season?
    Sauron is either one of those weird people in whit robes, Adar or someone who hasn't shown up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Sauron is either one of those weird people in whit robes, Adar or someone who hasn't shown up yet.
    Eh, I'm thinking Adar is the future Witch King of Angmar. Remember, the 9 Ring Wraiths were formerly Kings of Men.

White robed people, I honestly don't know. That threw me for a loop. But the Elrond and Durin friendship is the best part of the show, easily.

But honestly, its a bit odd to see Galadriel so short. Couldn't they get the actress some platform shoes or something?

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Just finished ep. 4, will hopefully get to 5 soon.

I'm just gonna say it: I'm enjoying the show for the most part. It's not terrible, but it certainly isn't great. There are plenty of things that bother me but I can't help but enjoy more than what I'm not enjoying. Numenor and Elendil are fantastic. Elrond and Durin are a major plus for me with all of their interactions.
    The Harfoots (didn't pop up in ep. 4 thankfully) remain the weakest part of the show to me followed closely by Galadriel's writing and characterization. Everything else (Arondir, Bronwyn, etc.) is right in the middle for me.

I'm still hoping Meteor Man is a blue wizard, I think Adar is going to become one of the eventual kings (wraiths) along with Halbrand. I'm not convinced we've seen Sauron yet, but it's possible. If Halbrand ends up being him, I will find that greatly annoying because I think Halbrand should end up being one of the wraiths as mentioned.

Sauron needs to be fair and unsuspecting.

I'm starting to suspect that Sauron is behind what is going on with the elves and the light. Perhaps he is working among them through one we have not yet seen, or perhaps one we have seen. But it seems like Sauron's worst foes are the elves and that is where he will strike first. So its logical that perhaps the evil is growing right underneath Gil-Galad's nose. Tolkein's notes indicate that Gil-Galad's reign after the rest of the Noldor left was ultimately quite tragic.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eh, I'm thinking Adar is the future Witch King of Angmar. Remember, the 9 Ring Wraiths were formerly Kings of Men.

White robed people, I honestly don't know. That threw me for a loop. But the Elrond and Durin friendship is the best part of the show, easily.

But honestly, its a bit odd to see Galadriel so short. Couldn't they get the actress some platform shoes or something?

Fan theory is that Adar is a proto-Orc, as the first Orcs were pretty much Elves that had been corrupted/deformed.

Incredible Member

Fan theory is that Adar is a proto-Orc, as the first Orcs were pretty much Elves that had been corrupted/deformed.
    That sounds right to me. Also explains his reaction to being called Sauron by that old guy. Sauron is responsible for his current state and he doesn’t seem to happy with it or him.

This show is so boring. All this hullabaloo about black Elves, but what i don't get is why they spent all this money yet nothing happens. This is the second episode i fell a sleep on. At most we get like one generic battle scene that looks like something out of Pirates of the Caribbean. Except for the prison break scene, that was cool.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-25-2022 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Just finished ep. 4, will hopefully get to 5 soon.

I'm just gonna say it: I'm enjoying the show for the most part. It's not terrible, but it certainly isn't great. There are plenty of things that bother me but I can't help but enjoy more than what I'm not enjoying. Numenor and Elendil are fantastic. Elrond and Durin are a major plus for me with all of their interactions.
    The Harfoots (didn't pop up in ep. 4 thankfully) remain the weakest part of the show to me followed closely by Galadriel's writing and characterization. Everything else (Arondir, Bronwyn, etc.) is right in the middle for me.

I'm still hoping Meteor Man is a blue wizard, I think Adar is going to become one of the eventual kings (wraiths) along with Halbrand. I'm not convinced we've seen Sauron yet, but it's possible. If Halbrand ends up being him, I will find that greatly annoying because I think Halbrand should end up being one of the wraiths as mentioned.

Sauron needs to be fair and unsuspecting.
    Yeah, I keep getting the names of Adar and Halbrand mixed up.

Kind of feels like they're setting up Halbrand as a sort of semi-Aragorn as a bit of misdirection perhaps, since of course we know Elendil and Isildur become the actual major kings (and related to Aragorn, although I don't think they're his direct ancestors exactly from what I've read) later on.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Kind of feels like they're setting up Halbrand as a sort of semi-Aragorn as a bit of misdirection perhaps, since of course we know Elendil and Isildur become the actual major kings (and related to Aragorn, although I don't think they're his direct ancestors exactly from what I've read) later on.
    Aragorn was was a direct decedent of Isildur and Elendil, not only from an unbroken lineage from father to son but his mother herself could claim a lineage from Isildur as well so he had it from both sides. He's also something like a 39th great nephew to Elrond.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 09-25-2022 at 02:22 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!