Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of feels like they're setting up Halbrand as a sort of semi-Aragorn as a bit of misdirection perhaps, since of course we know Elendil and Isildur become the actual major kings (and related to Aragorn, although I don't think they're his direct ancestors exactly from what I've read) later on.
    It feels like they want people to think he’s Sauron. His mysterious dark past he’s running from. His talent with the blade and forge. His skill at manipulation. I’m hoping that’s a misdirection because it’s just way too convenient if the one human she bumps into out on the ocean turns out to be the guy she spent decades hunting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    It feels like they want people to think he’s Sauron. His mysterious dark past he’s running from. His talent with the blade and forge. His skill at manipulation. I’m hoping that’s a misdirection because it’s just way too convenient if the one human she bumps into out on the ocean turns out to be the guy she spent decades hunting.
    We saw him have a last moment of reluctance when it came to going back to claim the throne. Since that couldn't have been a show for someone watching him, I think that rules out Sauron.

I think there's a decent chance that in the last ep Celebrimbor introduces Elrond to his good buddy Annatar.

Yeah, I should clarify; I think Halbrand goes on to become the Witchking of Angmar. Being one of the Nine Kings of Men. And Adar, yeah. Proto-Orc. Like one of the original Elves to be turned, or the first generation after or something. Hence why the Orcs call him "father" despite his blatant Elven looks.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    We saw him have a last moment of reluctance when it came to going back to claim the throne. Since that couldn't have been a show for someone watching him, I think that rules out Sauron.

I think there's a decent chance that in the last ep Celebrimbor introduces Elrond to his good buddy Annatar.
    Yeah, I feel like Sauron isn't a character we've seen yet and the other possibilities are red herrings.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Niffleheim

I feel like The Stranger is going to change the Harfoots' nomadic life to an agrarian way of life so it has to be Gandalf right?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    who is Sauron then? Waldreg desperately is asking . Will they ever reveal him in this season?
    I wonder if we're supposed to speculate it's someone we've already seen, only for it to be someone completely new when he appears.
    Personally, I don't think it's Halbrand, if only because I would hope that Galadriel would somehow sense him.

I think when one of the trailers came out, there was that menacing scene with one of the weirdos that appeared last episode following the Stranger. People speculated back then that that would be Sauron, if I remember correctly. I am not so sure about that now.
    What about the Stranger? That would explain why they follow him.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I wonder if we're supposed to speculate it's someone we've already seen, only for it to be someone completely new when he appears.
    Personally, I don't think it's Halbrand, if only because I would hope that Galadriel would somehow sense him.

I think when one of the trailers came out, there was that menacing scene with one of the weirdos that appeared last episode following the Stranger. People speculated back then that that would be Sauron, if I remember correctly. I am not so sure about that now.
    The only thing working against him is the comedic way he is often treated, it makes it hard to believe they'd do that much of a heel turn.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Why wouldn't the three be the Istari that the Valar sent to keep Sauron in check after they held their council? And I still think beard guy is Gandalf. He was sent separately from the three and he just looks like Gandalf. Too obvious?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Niffleheim

They look like they would assist Sauron than keep him in check.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post

They're all women as well. It was thought the main one was Anson boon but it's an Australian actress, Birdie Sisson.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-26-2022 at 05:05 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Why wouldn't the three be the Istari that the Valar sent to keep Sauron in check after they held their council? And I still think beard guy is Gandalf. He was sent separately from the three and he just looks like Gandalf. Too obvious?
    He could be Gandalf, but in the books it's way too early for Gandalf to have arrived in Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    He could be Gandalf, but in the books it's way too early for Gandalf to have arrived in Middle Earth
    And in the books, Galadrial wasn't a sword wielding warrior, but a powerful magic user. And I don't recall it ever saying she went to Numenor either.

But this series would explain why Gandalf had such a fondness for the Hobbits, among the other races. The Blue wizards were enigmas even to the Tolkiens and simply never expanded upon. So rather than try and drag a wizard that doesn't even seem to affect Middle Earth, they may have gone with the most well known one and given him the backstory to why he became so close to the Hobbits.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Is it too early for Elendil and Isildur considering the lifespan of Numenoreans?
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-27-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They're all women as well. It was thought the main one was Anson boon but it's an Australian actress, Birdie Sisson.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure about that from the short scene.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Is it too early for Elendil and Isildur considering the lifespan of Numenoreans?
    They do seem to be condensing down time in order to get a few characters who's names people may vaguely remember from the films in on the action so I guess it's possible they might be doing the same with Gandalf as well but I'm still pulling for a blue wizard.