Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Would it be racist to wanna kill every zombie in a zombie movie? It's pretty much the same difference.
    Zombies aren't self-aware they operate on pure instinct (in most movies) so the example is moot.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Tolkien was not a fan of allegory, it is suspected that this may be one of the reason's he didn't like Dune by Frank Herbert.
    That is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    So, Middle Earth can't have racism? Even blatant racism? I don't understand. Maybe you are reading too much into it.
    The scene made me laugh after I shook my head. I half expected someone to say "build a sea wall and make the Elves pay for it".

So many graphic Orc deaths! Although I guess some of the slaughter of humans and Bronwyn's huge wound were the equal human gore of the episode.

I have to wonder how many germs were passed around from that apple Isildur gave to his horse and took a bite out of again.

"She drowned." Wow, that's kind of a matter-of-fact way of talking about your wifes' death. I guess it doesn't pay to be a horse whisperer.

Ah, there's the kiss they've been obviously building up to the whole season .

I was surprised the village attack wasn't a complete slaughter, although the fact that it was basically just a feint to draw them out and they used up their humans instead of sending in all the Orcs kind of made up for it.

They made a point that something seeped into Bronwyn while they were trying to dress her wound. I don't think it was supposed to be Orc blood, but it seemed kind of a weird shot otherwise.

It's like the Queen realized Isildur was a plot relevant character and that meant he had to get involved in this battle compared to...like everybody else around her.

Even the comedy relief character survived! Barely, but still!

Wow, Halbrand has the magical power to appear whenever the plot needs him to! He really must be Sauron!

Halbrand might be Sauron though he seemed to take the "killing of a loved one" thing personally when Adar brought it up.

Adar is like "Orcs are people too. They've suffered since their very existence. I just want my people to be free." And Galadriel is all like "I'm going to torture/kill all of your blighted Orcs and make you watch and I will enjoy every second of it and then kill you for good measure." Is it any wonder people might root more for Adar than our ostensible main protagonist?

So Adar "killed" Sauron, but he's probably survived in another body/form which is how he's become so incognito.

Galadriel and Halbrand acknowledge the sexual tension between each other that is doomed to fail because A. Galadriel marries another dude in canon and B. Halbrand might be Sauron. Although the idea that Galadriel teamed-up with and ended up wanting to get into the pants of Sauron is so ridiculous it's hilarious.

What amateur hour that they basically doomed themselves by not even unwrapping the dangerous artifact they just acquired until the last minute and that Adar of course switched out. It's the oldest trick in the book! And there were so many shots indicating what had happened. And it takes the kid who was kind of fixated on it to realize it.

So Adar's big plan was awakening Mount Doom to create Mordor? Is Sauron basically going to hijack this plan in the end?

Galadriel just semidetached reaction to the mountain erupting and destroying everything was...something. And then she seemingly just accepts it and embraces the end. She's...not the best main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Zombies aren't self-aware they operate on pure instinct (in most movies) so the example is moot.
    Not really as a matter of fact a big polt point in a lot of zombie movies has been that they are self aware and remember who they they were down of the Dead day of the Dead return of the Dead brain dead just to name a few but if that doesn't work what about vampires?

Extraordinary Member

This is what the F I'm talkin about. Agreed Galadriel was acting a little too tough at the end. But wow still a lot of good **** here. They aren't playing around with the action and set pieces.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-01-2022 at 07:17 AM.

Not really as a matter of fact a big polt point in a lot of zombie movies has been that they are self aware and remember who they they were down of the Dead day of the Dead return of the Dead brain dead just to name a few but if that doesn't work what about vampires?
    Nah, they have vague impressions of their past selves at best. There is no sense of identity or motivation besides a desire to eat. Like a dog with rabies, they can't help but attack you if they sense your presence.

Well, vampires can reform see examples such as Spike, Nick Knight, or Angel. Killing them in self-defense is one thing but saying I want to kill every vampire regardless of the threat level could be argued as morally wrong.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-30-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Nah, they have vague impressions of their past selves at best. There is no sense of identity or motivation besides a desire to eat. Like a dog with rabies, they can't help but attack you if they sense your presence.

Well, vampires can reform see examples such as Spike, Nick Knight, or Angel. Killing them in self-defense is one thing but saying I want to kill every vampire regardless of the threat level could be argued as morally wrong.
    No lot's of zombie movies have shown zombies who are self aware they don't remember everything but they remember some they are aware.

As for vampires meny can't or don't wanna reform I'd say the majority don't so I ask again Would it be racist to wanna kill every zombie/vampire?

Would it be racist to wanna kill every zombie in a zombie movie? It's pretty much the same difference.
    'Racist' Well in the generalized spirit of what I imagine you mean, it depends if they're like i-Zombie zombies or Walking Dead zombies. The later are just dead things controlled by a strange virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

"She drowned." Wow, that's kind of a matter-of-fact way of talking about your wifes' death. I guess it doesn't pay to be a horse whisperer.
    "THE SEA IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Those three ships looked much too small to me to hold all those horses. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong somehow.
    I haven't seen the number of horses supplied, but I have seen a shot of those three ships, and I'd guess tops, they could hold about ten horses each for a short day trip.

Niffleheim

The only thing I love about Galadriel is her Orcs genocidal mindset I'm not falling for the humanized Orcs and their names.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

This is how I look at it. Sauron is like Hitler and the orcs are Nazis. Galadriel is like a someone who actually lived and fought during WW2. It’s not surprising she would want them all dead and I really can’t blame her. What would people do if they found out Hitler was somehow still alive?

It’s not like the orcs are remorseful and want to live in peace with everyone.

So, this is how Mordor came to be. Those last scenes were brutal and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Forbes magazine has a reviewer who regards Galadriel as a genocidal racist in regards to the Orcs. They are victims and enslaved. She wants to kill all of that race.
    Mwahaha. OMG, people. Is that written by some russian troll who thinks we don't recognize the difference between good and evil? The only ones who are clearly genocidal are the orcs.

Adar is like "Orcs are people too. They've suffered since their very existence. I just want my people to be free." And Galadriel is all like "I'm going to torture/kill all of your blighted Orcs and make you watch and I will enjoy every second of it and then kill you for good measure." Is it any wonder people might root more for Adar than our ostensible main protagonist?
    Yes. Did everyone miss that those poor orcs have tried to murder/enslave all of the villagers and completely destroyed the country they were in? There is only one obvious aggressor here.
    What is wrong with people with this whole "The obvious bad guys might not be so bad, the people who are just protecting themselves against hem are mean to them" thing? Is this the result of this era of Disney movies making a sad backstory for every villain to make them more sympathetic, or what? I don't get it.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    This is how I look at it. Sauron is like Hitler and the orcs are Nazis. Galadriel is like a someone who actually lived and fought during WW2. It’s not surprising she would want them all dead and I really can’t blame her. What would people do if they found out Hitler was somehow still alive?

It’s not like the orcs are remorseful and want to live in peace with everyone.
    OMG, thank you. I though I wandered into some alternative reality for a moment.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred