Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    It's weird how the Numenoreans don't want them on the island...but the difficult solution is to keep them around a few days? If you don't want them there and Galadriel doesn't want to be there, just put her on the next ship headed to Middle-earth! Maybe Galadruel shouldn't have gone Full Karen when addressing the court.
    Galadriel was too condescending and clueless considering her age. Everything that comes out of her mouth puts one's back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    The Harfoots are actually...cold blooded bastards? And maybe perverts who bang in public? Did thr writers not realize what they did here?!
    They're nomadic. They're not fighters so basically they're prey in this world who are just surviving using their wits. It's unfortunate but there is no room for strugglers if they want to survive.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Galadriel was too condescending and clueless considering her age. Everything that comes out of her mouth puts one's back up.
    I thought the fact that elves age so slowly is the reason for their condescension and cluelessness. Elrond’s interaction with the dwarves for example.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    I thought the fact that elves age so slowly is the reason for their condescension and cluelessness. Elrond’s interaction with the dwarves for example.
    Yeah. Even though Dwarves out live regular humans, 20 years is still a good chunk even for them.

But unlike Galadrial, Elrond's wasn't on purpose. He forgot about the way Elves way of time differentiates compared to pretty much all other races.

Unhappy

Galadriel was too condescending and clueless considering her age. Everything that comes out of her mouth puts one's back up....
    Frankly, other than the Dwarves (especially Disa I adore what we've seen of her so far ) and the Proto-Hobbits I find most of the characters unlikeable which is a problem.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, Uruk-hai had to be crossbred with something (goblins, trolls, I don't remember, possibly it was different between book and movie?) by Saruman so that they could fight during the day. It was both mentioned in the books, and the Peter Jackson movie, ever so briefly.
    How many different types of orcs are there in LOTR?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    How many different types of orcs are there in LOTR?
    Just the bog-standard Mordor orcs, who were kind of scrawny skulking snivelers, compared to Saruman's 'fighting Uruk-hai,' who were stronger and tougher (and more disciplined and better armed and trained).

(IIRC, and this was like 40 years ago, the book version Saruman bred orcs with *trolls* to create orcs with a smidge of trollish strength and fortitude, but none of the trollish weakness to sunlight, and, again, IIRC, the orcs themselves didn't have any particular weakness to sunlight, although they didn't like it and preferred to operate at night. But the movies seemed to go with Saruman mating orcs and *goblins* and now this show is introducing the notion that orcs are burned by sunlight, which sure didn't seem to be the case for Azok the Defiler and his orcs in the Hobbit movie... So, it's a muddle.)

Another good episode I still don't know who the guy with the orc's is also whan do the rings of Ring of power show up? I was hoping This was going to be the infinity saga of LOTR.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Just finished ep. 3 and thought it was really good. A few minor complaints but I won't bother with them here, they're too minor.

Ep 4 dropped at least an hour early last night when I finished, so I'm not sure how strict they're being with their schedule.

Numenor and Elendil are fantastic... They're my favorite part of the series so far.

I have seen four episodes of House of the Dragon and four episodes of Rings of Power, and I have preferred Rings of Power three episodes to one.

Niffleheim

Another good episode I still don't know who the guy with the orc's is.
    He is a character that was specifically created for the series to serve as another underling to stretch out the story before Sauron shows up

whan do the rings of Ring of power show up? I was hoping This was going to be the infinity saga of LOTR.
    Celebrimbor, the maker of the rings has already debut. I think he is the elf that sent Elrond to spy on the dwarves and find out what they're hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Just finished ep. 3 and thought it was really good. A few minor complaints but I won't bother with them here, they're too minor.

Ep 4 dropped at least an hour early last night when I finished, so I'm not sure how strict they're being with their schedule.

Numenor and Elendil are fantastic... They're my favorite part of the series so far.
    Honestly I want to stay there forever even though we know we can't after the white tree of Numenor started shedding its leaves.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-16-2022 at 10:28 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I have seen four episodes of House of the Dragon and four episodes of Rings of Power, and I have preferred Rings of Power three episodes to one.
    I don't know who to follow, there is no one particular character that I like, maybe that was intentional idk.

Yep, Celibrimbor is the guy who made the nine rings. In some LOTR stuff, mainly the "Shadow" video games where you partially play as him, he also helps create the One Ring.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Niffleheim

Is he a sinister figure or does he make these rings unbeknownst to what their true purpose?
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-16-2022 at 12:31 PM.

BANNED

I don't know who to follow, there is no one particular character that I like, maybe that was intentional idk.
    That was my feeling with House of the Dragon, and this many episodes in my hopes of finding one is fading fast, but I already have a few with the Rings in Elrond, Durin and Disa, Nori, and perhaps Elendil (too early to say). Seems like both are doing a lot of worldbuilding while neglecting the importance of building from the characters outward (or at least simultaneously).

Also perhaps leaning a bit too much on previous entries in the IP. Understandable, big money being laid out (especially with the Rings) and expectations are high. But still, a bit more focus on why I should care about the characters things are happening to rather than the things happening to the characters would be a welcome change.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yep, Celibrimbor is the guy who made the nine rings. In some LOTR stuff, mainly the "Shadow" video games where you partially play as him, he also helps create the One Ring.
    (spoiler) It thought Celibrimbor was manipulated in to creating the rings that are later given Dwarfs and Men by Sauron. Sauron then goes to Mount Doom and forges the One Ring him self in secret while Celibrimbor creates the 3 elven rings with out Sauron's influence, thus is why the elven rings are not effected by Sauron and the One Ring.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting