Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Maybe the Balrog is there and the Mithril is it's prison? The constant mining of it weakens it enough for it to escape? The King is hiding something and this may be it.
    Now that's a good notion. Explains why he stayed down there for thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Now that's a good notion. Explains why he stayed down there for thousands of years.
    If true, it shows more long range planning use the Mithril to save the Elves and the Dwarves die, or the Elves die because the Mithril was not mined...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Maybe the Balrog is there and the Mithril is it's prison? The constant mining of it weakens it enough for it to escape? The King is hiding something and this may be it.
    Thats exactly my read on the situation. The dwarves, Dad Durin in particular, had made them stop mining it because of the "earthquakes" but what if those quakes were really the Balrog starting to waken in his prison? It could be that the king is aware that there are older and way more dangerous things in the ground other than earthquakes, and maybe has had some bad dreams of late.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

As I inch closer to purchasing Amazon Prime.....I'm looking at the second age timeline and the cast

Cast

https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/ent...e-rings-series

Timeline

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Second_Age

and I have to ask the question. Has the timeline been condensed and switched up a bit?

I notice Isildur is in the cast & he is born in 3209 sa
    But Celebrimbor is also in the cast but he dies in 1697 sa (over a 1000 years before Isildur is born)
    and the rings are made between 1500 and 1600 sa

I've been under the assumption that this series is going to be about the crafting of the rings of power to the lead up to the War of the Last Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

and I have to ask the question. Has the timeline been condensed and switched up a bit?
    Yes the timeline has been very condensed. And so far more than a little changed in story.

So Galadirel came out relatively unscathed from all the fireballs and...just left with Theo? Like, she just randomly walked out of the village leaving behind everyone who was still there and the main party leaving for camp? And then she finds them anyways after some weird side-quest that went nowhere other than giving emotional support to a kid?

Wow, they finally killed off the comedy relief character! That's rough.

I mean, I get it, Theo feels responsible for giving them the sword, but I'd still say the idiots who didn't check to see what was under the cloth are just as responsible.

Galadriel finally brings up Celeborn...only to imply he's dead. Like, you'd think her having a husband would have come up earlier and she really doesn't come off as someone who was married. She comes off so raw and petulant because of her experience and her brothers' death that it felt like they were waiting to introduce Celeborn and have them fall in love so she'd finally mellow out. But now I guess they have her assuming she's dead only to inevitably reveal he's still alive as a twist, maybe before or after she bangs Halbrand.

Speaking of teasing deaths for characters we know shouldn't be dead by this point...they straight up left Isildur back there and are assuming he's dead. Will his horse run all the way back to save him?

I guess that's one way to reveal the queen is blind. Was it from the debris? She seemed to be walking fine otherwise.

Bronwyn inexplicably survives near death once again. I mean, I kind of expected it because they would've shown a main character dying, but still. I guess Theo has accepted his Elven step-dad.

Does Theo really deserve a high-grade sword...?

Halbrand has a grievous wound that can only be healed by Elf medicine (I thought Elves didn't have healers?) yet it will probably take months to reach the Elves and Halbrand is walking around like he just has a flesh wound. And the people are cheering him on even though they've only known him for, what, a few hours? I mean he helped out in the fight and caught Adar, but that's about it. I guess they're desperate for a king.

Taking Halbrand to see the Elves? I wonder if he'll ask to join their smiths to forge something specific...something circular...

Miriel took things in stride and plans to come back to wage proper war, but I doubt Numenor is going to be in a rush to come back and her injuries might make it easy for Pharazon to undermine her and take over. Because nothing is going to be simple and easy here.

I guess we finally know the three ladies are dangerous and petty when they straight up burn the Harfoots' homes. Harsh.

I'm kind of surprised nobody blamed Nori for inciting the three by trying to lead them away from the Stranger. If she hadn't bothered them, they would've probably left them alone. But the Harfoots keep flip-flopping. One minute they're all "The Stranger is dangerous!" and then they're all "The Stranger can save us!" then back to "The Stranger is dangerous!" and then back to "maybe the Stranger wasn't really dangerous at all." And then Nori's dad talks about how much heart the Harfoots have even though they've made it a thing to abandon anyone who can't follow them. Poppy felt the most believable because she's known the Stranger almost as long as Nori has and she's had to abandon her own parents.

The Elrond and Durin plot continues to be the most emotionally investing plotline in the show. Elrond needs Mithril (and now we're all just calling it that even though I think it's supposed to be Elvish?), and the Dwarves don't want to risk it to help the Elves. And even when Durin finds a proper vein with Elrond, the Dwarves still don't care. And Durin gets effectively disowned and Elrond gets kicked out. Harsh.

Durin's real name sounded like "Yesod..."?

Dulsa going a little Lady MacBeth there talking about Durin taking over, but it didn't sound like she was planning to kill him but just claiming that later on her husband will totally take over...although who knows how long that'll take on this show. Also them complaining about how the other sees their parents was priceless.

The Southlands turning into Mordor...I get what they were doing, but I think there was a better way of expressing it that wasn't so on the nose. But subtlety is not this shows' strong suit.

Yeah, not sure what Galadriel was doing with the kid either.

And the queen lost her eyesight when the burning ash from the house fell on her face.

And the reveal of Celeborn surprised me as well. Was not expecting that.

One thing I am wondering, is how Elrond and the Numenoreans will react to one another, considering Elrond's brother was their first king.

Niffleheim

A trailer for the finale has just been released don't watch it if you want to avoid spoilers. A clip with Galadriel, Elrond, High King Gil-galad, and Celebrimbor

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/statu...94128584179715

or

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-of-power-clip
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Well, we finally got the Sauron reveal.

Those three women are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Adar won. He gave the Uruk their promised homeland free of sunlight. Seeing the map change from "The Southlands" to "Mordor" onscreen was a little on the nose, but still chilling to witness.
    I think I prefer the onscreen title change to "Mordor" actually being said in that moment.

Niffleheim

No more guessing games. Hallbrand is Sauron the Nameless. They stuck the landing for me to make me look forward to the next season. This was my second best episode and I can see myself rewatching this episode especially, Uruk and the Great Wave are the others .

The rings of powers.

Last edited by Tofali; 10-14-2022 at 10:33 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Halbrand/Sauron equals Anakin Skywalker
    Galadriel equals Padme.

Padme unwittingly helped bring the Emperor to power.
    Galadriel unwittingly helped Sauron rise to power in Mordor.

Galadriel should never have jumped off the boat.

Well, that's disappointing.

Sauron makes the same queen offer that Anakin made to Padme in ROTS and Kylo Ren made to Rey in The Last Jedi.