Cool Breaking uncanny x-men omnibus vol 5 june 2023

Astonishing Member

The only thing i don't like is the lack of Uncanny X-MEN Annual 10 with Longshot joining the team with art by Art Adams being missing in both this and the Mutant Massacre omnibus. I guess New mutants omnibus 2 has it but its just weird its only Claremont written Uncanny absent.

Excellent. I’m still holding out for an Old Man Logan omnibus collecting the Bendis-Sorrentino Secret Wars mini and then the first 25 issues or so of the Lemire-Sorrentino OML run. Basically all those beautifully drawn Sorrentino issues.

Maybe they’ll do that around the time Avengers: Secret War comes out in theaters. Fingers crossed…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Awesome!

I'll admit though that when I read the first three words of "Breaking uncanny x-men..." I almost had a minor heart attack.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'll admit though that when I read the first three words of "Breaking uncanny x-men..." I almost had a minor heart attack.
    I know, right? Same here, just at first glance. But I’m really hoping in the next X-line shakeup that we get an Uncanny relaunch. Perhaps with a team similar to the X-men ‘97/OG Animated Series lineup to coincide with that series coming out next year. Even if it’s a 12-issue maxi series or something like that.

I’m salivating at the thought of a Al Ewing/Steve McNiven 12-issue run on UXM with a cast that includes Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Beast, Logan, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, etc.

BANNED

Despite having a pile of collection with Wolverine and some of the x-books I have never collected a omnibus. Honestly I am not sure I will ever collect them as long I can read them unlimited. I mostly buy dc comics bc they don't have something like unlimited.

Extraordinary Member

I said this in another thread but I'll be interested to find out if they censor the "Kitty says the N-word to a Black person's face" moment (her second!) in Uncanny X-Men #196. The second New Mutants omnibus censored Kitty's long list of slurs in issue #45, so I take that as a sign that times have changed, but I think they left it in in the God Loves, Man Kills extended cut.

I am not going to complain if they do, I'm just curious to see how they handle it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I said this in another thread but I'll be interested to find out if they censor the "Kitty says the N-word to a Black person's face" moment (her second!) in Uncanny X-Men #196. The second New Mutants omnibus censored Kitty's long list of slurs in issue #45, so I take that as a sign that times have changed, but I think they left it in in the God Loves, Man Kills extended cut.

I am not going to complain if they do, I'm just curious to see how they handle it.
    Kitty's long list of slurs? I think not... Kitty had an agenda and in no way was she making damaging, insulting insinuations, or allegations when she made her passionate speech at Salem Center High School.

Last edited by Micabe; 08-28-2022 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Extraordinary Member

I said it was a long list of slurs, not that she was calling people those slurs.

For all that I joke about it, all three of Kitty's big "n-bombs" are about pointing out the hurtfulness of the words she uses.

Really happy about this announcement as it will complete Claremont's original run in omnibus format for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I said it was a long list of slurs, not that she was calling people those slurs.

For all that I joke about it, all three of Kitty's big "n-bombs" are about pointing out the hurtfulness of the words she uses.
    I've gotten so used to the misogyny around here that I came out on the wrong foot swing. A thousand pardons

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I know, right? Same here, just at first glance. But I’m really hoping in the next X-line shakeup that we get an Uncanny relaunch. Perhaps with a team similar to the X-men ‘97/OG Animated Series lineup to coincide with that series coming out next year. Even if it’s a 12-issue maxi series or something like that.

I’m salivating at the thought of a Al Ewing/Steve McNiven 12-issue run on UXM with a cast that includes Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Beast, Logan, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, etc.
    That would truly be a wet dream come true. It's great if Ewing is passionate about secondary characters and enjoys writing minis on those, but every time I see his name on Ant-Man, the Wasp and the Defenders I find myself scratching my head about why he isn't writing Marvel's big guns on their core ongoing books. Not sure if it's how he prefers it (in which case, more power to him I guess!) or if it's Marvel's decision... a new X-Men book from him would be my priority, otherwise I will also be happy to see him on Avengers when Jason Aaron leaves.

Yeah, I’ve loved seeing him take on a lot of secondary characters in S.W.O.R.D., but that cast was waaay too bloated. X-men Red has been much better in that regard. Still a big cast, but tighter. And with more big names or semi-big names (Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, Cable, etc.).

And if Ewing just has no interest in doing a pure X-men “big guns” book, then give that to Duggan and have Ewing do X-Force instead. I feel like he could make hay with the X-Force cast they showed in the preview art of the X-men ‘97 cartoon during SDCC… Cable, Bishop, Sunspot, Forge, Morph, Nightcrawler (needs some ladies too). Or something close to that.