View Poll Results: What do you want to read?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metabarons: Othon & Honorata by Jodorowsky

3 33.33%
  • Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross

1 11.11%
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths by Marv Wolfman

1 11.11%
  • Age of Reptiles: The Hunt by Richard Delgado

1 11.11%
  • Justice League International Vol. 1 by Keith Giffen and J. M. DeMatteis

2 22.22%
  • Astro City Life In The Big City by Kurt Busiek

1 11.11%
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default Real voting for September Reading Club!

Well, after a second successful month of the Collected Editions & Classic Comics Reading Club( In case you missed it you can still discuss August's selection "The Twelve" here) it's time to choose a book for this month's discussion.

And so, without further ado the nominations for this month's book are:

Metabarons:Othon & Honorata by Jodorowsky: A sci-fi epic relating the history of a dynasty of perfect warriors known as the Metabarons.

Crisis on Infinite Earths by Marv Wolfman : "Worlds will live, worlds will die and nothing will ever be the same!"

Age of Reptiles: The Hunt by Richard Delgado: A dinosaur tale of revenge of truly epic proportions.

Justice League International Vol. 1 by Keith Giffen and J. M. DeMatteis: Collecting Justice League #1-6 and Justice League International #7(1987)

Astro City Life In The Big City by Kurt Busiek: Welcome to the greatest superhero city ever created!

Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross: The Future of the DC Universe's greatest heroes

In case of a potential tie not involving your original vote feel free to post a second choice should the need to break a tie arise.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-28-2022 at 02:22 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Lot of great selections(as always!) but I think I'll go with Kingdom Come for a tie breaker choice if needed...or did you guys prefer a second poll for the tied titles? I'm open to either.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Tough Bracket! Kingdom Come and Astro City always payoff no matter how many times you reread them. Justice League International is surprisingly influential and well done, the Bwahaha of it all doesn’t tell the whole story. Metabarons is like Game of Thrones in Space, on shrooms, I think Man of Steel took some of the look. I had to look Age of Reptiles up, I am intrigued but it looks out of print! Crisis on Infinite Earths, it’s an unbelievable artistic achievement and having read it twice, it maybe hasn’t been equaled as far as Crisis go. I have to think but I am leaning towards not my nomination again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Tough Bracket! Kingdom Come and Astro City always payoff no matter how many times you reread them. Justice League International is surprisingly influential and well done, the Bwahaha of it all doesn’t tell the whole story. Metabarons is like Game of Thrones in Space, on shrooms, I think Man of Steel took some of the look. I had to look Age of Reptiles up, I am intrigued but it looks out of print! Crisis on Infinite Earths, it’s an unbelievable artistic achievement and having read it twice, it maybe hasn’t been equaled as far as Crisis go. I have to think but I am leaning towards not my nomination again.
    Holy Smokes, I didn't realize Age of Reptiles was going for that much! I bought the omnibus about a decade back for next to nothing. Still available digitally though for those interested.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Voted COIE, but Astro City has my second place.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

My second choice would be Kingdom Come
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astro City is my vote. My second choice is Metabarons.

These are all good choices, even Age of Reptiles, which I’ve never heard of, which just intrigues me.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Astro City is my vote. My second choice is Metabarons.

These are all good choices, even Age of Reptiles, which I’ve never heard of, which just intrigues me.
    It's a great series, it's told 100% through the art with out any human dialogue or narration other than stating the era the story takes place in and with limited amounts of anthropomorphism.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Voted Justice League International!

Astro City second choice.

I have to read Metabarons again, maybe next round!

I didn't get here on time to vote but would've voted for Kingdom Come - maybe next month!