Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This is one of the single greatest comics I've read since probably the height of Morrisons run. I've just read it three times back to back - Absolutely killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I agree it was excellent. I don't think the ending was all THAT ambiguous, though. Cluemaster's code and all.
    Agreed, and they way the writers gradually revealed everything we need to know to decipher the opening scene was deviously clever. Dick still laughs at FART jokes, ha - so classic. I hope we learn more of Dicks future possibly over in Endgame.

Incredible Member

This was an outstanding comic on a lot of levels. Tom King threw down the Gauntlet with this One Shot. I can't lie I had to read it three times to really get it all. Excellent read for the guys on the fence about getting it.
    Last edited by OWL45; 09-03-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Loved it, the book desperately needs a second read through.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Loved it, the book desperately needs a second read through.
    I blame the Cluemaster. And Tom King, obviously.

I definitely feel I got my money's worth this month. Double read comics are an excellent idea.

This was one of the best issues ive read in a long time gonna read it again from back to front

Incredible Member

Had to read it three times before I finally got everything...

I actually really liked it for the one shot that it was.

Okay. Grayson - ongoing of the year? Seriously, these three first issues pretty much blew everything away that was written this year in DC.

BANNED

This is probably as good a place as any to ask this. These are all "hypothetical futures," right? Because I've heard people all through the summer complaining as though they weren't and I wasn't sure.

If they aren't then yeah that's highly dumb.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    This is probably as good a place as any to ask this. These are all "hypothetical futures," right? Because I've heard people all through the summer complaining as though they weren't and I wasn't sure.

Yeah, just hypothetical futures.

I don't get why some people think a lot of these things in these oneshots (or Futures End in general) are going to come to pass.

Anyway isn't the entire point of Futures End to make sure the bad future doesn't happen? Just asking because I stopped reading a while back and I can't even remember, lol.

Alexander (not)Luthor Jr AlexG.'s Avatar
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (My house)

I won't be getting my copy until next week, however all these comments are hyping me to stratosphere levels! Is it next Wednesday yet?

I've seen that a lot too, on other sites. I'm pretty sure these aren't the real futures, since most of the Futures End books are not connected to the weekly. And besides, it's five years in the future of DCU, which means at least a decade in real time. I'm sure DC wouldn't try to limit their comics for 10+ years, just to reach that future! It's going to be prevented by Terry McGinnis doing wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

EDIT: What M L A said.
    Last edited by AlexG.; 09-03-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Hmmmmm, wow. Whatever misgivings I had about King after Nightwing #30 have been wiped away. This was one of the better "superhero" comics I've read in a very long time

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Hmmmmm, wow. Whatever misgivings I had about King after Nightwing #30 have been wiped away. This was one of the better "superhero" comics I've read in a very long time
    Nightwing #30 was probably a victim of too little time, too many rewrites and changing directions.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Nightwing #30 was probably a victim of too little time, too many rewrites and changing directions.
    Agreed, but I think I can say that for certain now

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yes. Also possibly interference by editors who are no longer with DC.

Incredible Member

This is the current future of the New 52.

but the time-line will probably be affected by a Crisis-like event in 2015 and these future's will not come to pass.