Default Damage Control by Goldberg #1 LGY#16

Hey everyone, I'm primarily a DC reader but I do collect, Hulk, She-Hulk, Black Cat, Spider-man, X-Men to name a few...

Here are my thoughts on a new series I'm excited about, Damage Control. No spoilers but I do detail the plot.

What are your thoughts on this series?

---------------

I had no idea what this was about and didn't realize it was written by the TV shows Goldbergs writer.

I put it on my pull list after seeing an ad for it in another Marvel comic... and the reason the ad worked on me was cause She-Hulk was on the comic cover art.

But She-Hulk only appears in 2 panels and says nothing. So you'd expect I'd be disappointed... almost none of the heroes that appear do anything to further the plot along. The entire story is about a new mail room intern who delivers mail in a pocket dimension of the Damage Control office.

Doesn't sound to entertaining does it? But and this is a BIG BUT, this was a fantastically funny story that I will absolutely continue to collect! I was so suprised by this series it is shaping up to he one of my favorite Marvel series of 2022!

I hope this series can keep up this off beat style as the series continues! Easy 5 out of 5 stars from me.

Yeah i'm out on damage control. The current issue wasn't bad, the art wasn't terrible but i absolutely can't stand the main character and how his personality is executed. It is not cute, it is not endearing. He comes off like a mean johnny bravo and i don't use the word often but i truly hate (use it so little can barely spell it apparently. lol)Johnny Bravo. Like watching an episode literally gives me a headache so i don't watch. There is just a line in the sand for me for insensitive and dumb.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-29-2022 at 05:41 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm primarily a DC reader but I do collect, Hulk, She-Hulk, Black Cat, Spider-man, X-Men to name a few...

Here are my thoughts on a new series I'm excited about, Damage Control. No spoilers but I do detail the plot.

What are your thoughts on this series?

---------------

I had no idea what this was about and didn't realize it was written by the TV shows Goldbergs writer.

I put it on my pull list after seeing an ad for it in another Marvel comic... and the reason the ad worked on me was cause She-Hulk was on the comic cover art.

But She-Hulk only appears in 2 panels and says nothing. So you'd expect I'd be disappointed... almost none of the heroes that appear do anything to further the plot along. The entire story is about a new mail room intern who delivers mail in a pocket dimension of the Damage Control office.

Doesn't sound to entertaining does it? But and this is a BIG BUT, this was a fantastically funny story that I will absolutely continue to collect! I was so suprised by this series it is shaping up to he one of my favorite Marvel series of 2022!

I hope this series can keep up this off beat style as the series continues! Easy 5 out of 5 stars from me.
    Haven't read it but to me Damage Control was always meant to be the comedic side of the comics. I liked some of their absurdity back in the day then they faded away and then came back and became obscure but are always there...So as long as they can retain some of the humor, I will pick it up! OH! Forgot to mention that Bayley is killing it in Damage Control!