Page 73 of 173 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2583
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So one football YouTube guy broke down the Broncos and why its went wrong and what Denver originally wanted.

- The Broncos were basically ALL IN for Aaron Rodgers this past off season. The indications were that Green Bay and Rodgers were heading to a divorce. Even Rodgers in his last post game appearance that playoff loss seemed to hint he was done in Green Bay possibly.

- Denver saw this and the dreams of PEYTON MANNING the sequel flashed in their minds. So they started making moves to get to him. They hired Nathaniel Hackett who Rodgers liked. He had coached Rodgers in Green Bay as his offensive coordinator and the thinking was to get him there to make it better for Rodgers.

- Rodgers stoked things for a month as he'd post hidden type meaning messages that his days in Green Bay were coming to a close. Denver got more excited...they would get Aaron Rodgers soon.

- Then came D-Day or ...a day Broncos front office likely never saw coming. Rodgers and Green Bay agreed on a new 3 year , $150+ million extension. This was on March 15th.

- On March 16th the Broncos were reeling after losing MASSIVE on Rodgers. They hired a new coach with the indication that he'd be in their uniform. So now the Broncos were in a spot where they needed a franchise QB. Its here they decided that the next best option was Russell Wilson. Washington didn't wanna give up that much compensation. But Denver was in panic mode needing a QB so they traded for Wilson. Giving up a lot to get him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I'm very damn stunned that in what was a must-win game for the Cowboys after losing a winnable game to a terrible Packers team the visiting Cowboys greatly rebounded looking the 90s SB Cowboys because they steamrolled the Vikings 40-3 in an impressive team win including the Cowboys defense looked like the Doomsday Defense from the past. The game was very undramatic which is why coverage halfway through the 3rd Quarter switched over to the competitive *********Steelers game.
    An impressive bush league unprofessional performance by the Vikings that couldn't even score a freakin TD so they had the same amount of points as the Jets, and even the abysmal Texans scored more points than the great Vikings.
    I expected a close game if the Cowboys did win instead it was an undramatic embarrassment with the Cowboys getting 1 of the greatest regular season wins on the road, and in Franchise History.
    All Vikings fans should be asking for a refund after that embarassing complete bush league unprofessional performance.

Also wow highly impressive win by the Detroit Rock City Lions that outplayed the Giants in New Jersey, and have won 3 consecutive games before their Thanksgiving game with the great Bills.
    The Lions have also won 2 consecutive road games so realistically the Lions could be the 2nd Best team in the NFC North, and realistically could compete for a Wild Card seed.

I'm not stunned at all my Titans defeated a terrible Packers team in Green Bay becuase the Packers didn't have the defense to contain Henry, the Packers don't have a great Number 1 WR, and Rodgers is having a terrible season.

Extraordinary Member

I'm still in shock that Dallas beat the Vikings that handedly. That was a trip to the wood shed if I've ever seen one. Ouch.

Vikings still stand a pretty good chance at winning their division. But never fear! Its pretty much their tradition that when they have an impressive regular season (with at least one clunker), they then get completely slathered out of the playoffs in dramatic fashion.

Meanwhile, this could possibly, maybe be one of those rare years of decent Thanksgiving Day football. The matchups are there.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-22-2022 at 03:24 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yo, WBE! Your Cardinals square off against the Niners from Mexico City tonight. How would you handicap that game?
    Let me put it this way... the Niners prepped all week in altitude in Colorado Springs to get ready for Mexico City's elevation, and the city's poor air quality.

Kliff Kingsbury putzed around Arizona until taking his team to Mexico on Saturday. They barely had time to acclimate.

Take out Kyler for Colt McCoy, and it's a much more predictable and vulnerable team to a good pass rush (which San Fran has). If Arizona falls behind (and they did), and were forced to throw, the Niners would pin their ears back all through the rest of the game. Arizona cannot adapt their offense mid-game, as demonstrated, but they currently have no running backs coach, as well as no offensive coordinator. There's a void of leadership, when Kliff should have been stripped of his playcalling duties at the end of September.

Short version: In every way leading up to, and during that game, Kyle Shanahan outcoached Kingsbury. Not a hard bar to clear, mind you.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Let me put it this way... the Niners prepped all week in altitude in Colorado Springs to get ready for Mexico City's elevation, and the city's poor air quality.

Kliff Kingsbury putzed around Arizona until taking his team to Mexico on Saturday. They barely had time to acclimate.

Take out Kyler for Colt McCoy, and it's a much more predictable and vulnerable team to a good pass rush (which San Fran has). If Arizona falls behind (and they did), and were forced to throw, the Niners would pin their ears back all through the rest of the game. Arizona cannot adapt their offense mid-game, as demonstrated, but they currently have no running backs coach, as well as no offensive coordinator. There's a void of leadership, when Kliff should have been stripped of his playcalling duties at the end of September.

Short version: In every way leading up to, and during that game, Kyle Shanahan outcoached Kingsbury. Not a hard bar to clear, mind you.
    Final score: Niners 38, Cardinals 10. And, at times, it looked like it wasn't even THAT close.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wow there are just sooooooooooooooo many bad football teams this year in the NFL. I cant see them being happy about that.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Wow there are just sooooooooooooooo many bad football teams this year in the NFL. I cant see them being happy about that.
    I totally agree.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Final score: Niners 38, Cardinals 10. And, at times, it looked like it wasn't even THAT close.
    And one touchdown celebration football to the groin. I've been wondering when something like that would happen. Who was it that said "act like you've been there before"?

Extraordinary Member

Nick Bosa with those cantaloupe sized biceps after he sacked Colt McCoy. What a specimen.

In the 8 quarters played between the Patriots and the Jets this season, the Jets defense have allowed only 1 touchdown, yet the Jets have lost both games.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    In the 8 quarters played between the Patriots and the Jets this season, the Jets defense have allowed only 1 touchdown, yet the Jets have lost both games.

-M
    It's just possible they might have a tiny bit of a QB problem...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It's just possible they might have a tiny bit of a QB problem...
    They have a Jets problem. Zach Wilson drafted by another team would probably develop into a serviceable QB, but any QB who gets the Jets taint on them busts. Mahomes drafted by the Jets would not have become the Mahomes we know. It's an organization that needs to be torn down completely and rebuilt form the foundation up. It taints whatever talent goes there.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It's basically in video clips bad throws , bad decision making. In one clip Mims is WIDE OPEN in the end zone. Wilson looks his way , stops and goes somewhere else. Like he's afraid to throw a pass over the middle behind a secondary player who is yards in front of the guy.

Wilson seemed spooked to throw it , worried about whether he can throw that pass accurate really.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    They have a Jets problem. Zach Wilson drafted by another team would probably develop into a serviceable QB, but any QB who gets the Jets taint on them busts. Mahomes drafted by the Jets would not have become the Mahomes we know. It's an organization that needs to be torn down completely and rebuilt form the foundation up. It taints whatever talent goes there.

-M
    So true, this is what gets me when people say Brady would have won 3 or 4 Superbowls no matter where he ended up. The team a young QB is on, and how they develop them is everything.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!