Page 80 of 173 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2583

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hey, WBE! I’m surprised you didn’t have Sean McVay on the list as his 3-8 Rams are making history for THE worst defense by a defending Super Bowl champion EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The Rams Sean McVay isn't going anywhere. The OC will be replaced first, because he's new this year and hasn't been performing very well it seems.
    McVay is in the 11-13 range, in my mind, of hottest seats, only because he just won the Super Bowl and his team's been decimated by injuries so far. Also, they lost OBJ and Von Miller in the offseason and did nothing to replace them.

I'm hesitant to put a guy who just won a ring on a "HOT SEAT" list, but I'll tell you, I am hearing people around the league talking about McVay retiring young to go into the coaching booth to be the next would-be John Madden. I'll include him on the list because Kroenke seems like enough of an ***hole to fire him before he can leave first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    WBE, you have a better chance of seeing the Steelers win the superbowl than you do of them replacing Mike Tomlin.
    Pretty sure that's why I wrote the thing about cicadas at the end of the comments on him. There are still people I vehemently disagree with in Pennsyltucky about how good of a coach he's been. We just have to hope Steelers ownership don't listen to the idiots who expect a Super Bowl every year.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont see how Jeff Saturday made the list. Has a team ever fired an interim head coach as firing the head coach to start with just means the season is a failure anyway.
    Interim coaches are usually sacrificial lambs at the end of the year. Very few get picked up to be the next guy. Admittedly, the Colts look better with Saturday at the helm, but low bar to clear.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Deshaun Watson Revenge Bowl is this Sunday when his Browns face Houston. What will Watson look like after not having played football (not counting preseason) in two years? Admittedly, that game will be more than a little intriguing.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Interim coaches are usually sacrificial lambs at the end of the year. Very few get picked up to be the next guy. Admittedly, the Colts look better with Saturday at the helm, but low bar to clear.
    He will be gone for sure at the end of the year. But when I see the Hot Seat list I think of coaches in danger of being fired before the off season.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Deshaun Watson Revenge Bowl is this Sunday when his Browns face Houston. What will Watson look like after not having played football (not counting preseason) in two years? Admittedly, that game will be more than a little intriguing.
    I have a feeling this is a game where they will try and mute the crowd noise as much as possible. There will be a lot of very profane things thrown Watsons way I think.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I have a feeling this is a game where they will try and mute the crowd noise as much as possible. There will be a lot of very profane things thrown Watsons way I think.
    As long as it’s only words that are thrown, I’m okay with that. Hopefully, fans won’t be stupid and throw stuff at Watson when he’s on the sidelines, maybe even run out on the field, turning the game into a circus.

Scuttlebutt out of One Patriots Place is that once Hoody hits 21 more wins, he is retiring.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Unless Stafnski has been having his pretty good starting defense go all out in practice to try and re-acclimate Watson to NFL-level speed and intensity, I think we'll probably see a quarter or two of the same unimpressive rustiness he showed in pre-season before he gets back in gear.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

He will win that game and Browns fans and talking heads will act like it is the come back feel good story of the year and those of us with a moral compass will die a little.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Unless Stafnski has been having his pretty good starting defense go all out in practice to try and re-acclimate Watson to NFL-level speed and intensity, I think we'll probably see a quarter or two of the same unimpressive rustiness he showed in pre-season before he gets back in gear.
    Watson could be rusty for all four quarters and it won’t matter, ain’t no way the Browns will lose to hapless, one win Houston.

If your team has eight losses, it can still make the playoffs with a 9-8 record. They just need to start streaking now. Green Bay is 4-8 but could still win out.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    If your team has eight losses, it can still make the playoffs with a 9-8 record. They just need to start streaking now. Green Bay is 4-8 but could still win out.
    Guess this is why Green Bay will have Aaron Rodgers with bruised ribs and more start to see if he can win out. The karma if they deal Love for nothing in off season and he becomes a great starter. I'd laugh so hard at seeing Green Bay sit "after" Rodgers and go...maybe we should have shut him down and saw what we had here. But we were a gutless organization.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

He will win that game and Browns fans and talking heads will act like it is the come back feel good story of the year and those of us with a moral compass will die a little.
    Its certainly seeming that way. But if the Fates have any sense of humor and justice at all, the Texans win this one.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Guess this is why Green Bay will have Aaron Rodgers with bruised ribs and more start to see if he can win out. The karma if they deal Love for nothing in off season and he becomes a great starter. I'd laugh so hard at seeing Green Bay sit "after" Rodgers and go...maybe we should have shut him down and saw what we had here. But we were a gutless organization.
    They are gutless. Rodgers is not 100 percent. But the Packers have announced he is the starter Sunday.

They are gutless. Rodgers is not 100 percent. But the Packers have announced he is the starter Sunday.
    This may be a case where the team not having an actual owner works to their detriment. An owner could make that call and say let the chips fall where they may, a GM, coach or what have you, al have to deal with the consequences of such a call with ownership, i,e, the shareholders, so it's a lot more complicated to make a bold move in GB than in some other organizations.

That said, it's still the wrong call.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Bills vs. Patriots tonight. Who's watching? I'll give this a watch, it might even be a decent game.