Page 1 of 173 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default NFL 2022 Regular Season Thread.

Off-Season's over, Pre-Season's over. We're on to the 17 game, 18 week Regular Season schedule.

Usually we kick things off in here by all positing our wild predictions for our favorite teams, division winners and playoff contenders. Or start bragging about who we snagged in fantasy drafts. (And WBE tries to provide the "best of" Drew Magary's "WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS" columns.)

Drop your hot takes before the NFL Kickoff Game on 9/8, when it's the defending champs, the L.A. Rams vs. the Buffalo Bills.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kansas City seems to be in a weird position. The team clearly has new WR's that Mahomes has to work with and an older Travis Kelce. They also have a young defense (they let older veterans go) and its....a big question mark. Its one of the biggest question marks this year as KC tries to reload for 2023 and more.

I don't have a lot of faith they can make it to AFC Championship given the changes done. The Bills and Bengals to me are the odds on favorites to be in AFC Championship.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Titans are going to have to adjust after trading AJ Brown to the Eagles.
    While they will be adjusting because Burks is a rookie WR they still have a realistic chance to win the AFC South.

BANNED

My predictions (knowing listed possible/likely losses won't exactly add up but erring on side of pessimism):

AFC East

Bills: 13-4 (possible losses: @Rams, @Ravens, @Chiefs, vs Packers, @Bengals, take 1 of 5)
    Dolphins: 9-8 (likely Ls: 2 vs Bills, @Ravens, @Bengals, @49ers, @Chargers, vs GB, lose one vs Pats)
    Patriots: 8-9 (likely Ls: 2 vs Bills, @Dolphins, vs Ravens, @Packers, @Cardinals, @Raiders, vs Bengals, one of Vikings or Colts) homer?
    Jets: 2-15 (possible wins: @Cleveland, @Steelers, vs Bears, @Seahawks, take 2 of 4) kinda brutal schedule

AFC North

Ravens: 14-3 (possible losses: 1 vs Bengals, vs Bills, @Buccaneers, vs Denver, take 1 of 4)
    Bengals: 13-4 (possible losses: 1 vs Ravens, lose one of either @Cowboys or @Titans, vs Chiefs, @Buccaneers, vs Bills, take 1 of 5)
    Browns: 5-12 (possible wins: vs Jets, @Falcons, vs Saints (Watson back), @Commanders, @Steelers)
    Steelers: 3-14 (possible wins: @Browns, vs Jets, one of vs Saints or at Atlanta)

AFC South

Colts: 9-8 (likely losses: 1 against Titans, vs Chiefs, @Broncos, @Raiders, @Chargers, 3 of Patriots/Eagles/Cowboys/Vikings)
    Titans: 8-9 (likely losses: 1 against Colts, @Bills, vs Raiders, @Chiefs, @Packers, vs Bengals, @Chargers, 2 of Broncos/Eagles/Cowboys)
    Texans: 4-13 (possible wins: 1 against Jaguars, @Bears, one of Giants or Commanders, vs Browns)
    Jaguars: 3-14 (possible wins: 1 against Texans, one of Commanders or Giants, @Jets)

AFC West

Chargers: 12-5 (possible losses: 1 each vs Broncos/Raiders/Chiefs, @Cardinals, vs Rams)
    Raiders: 12-5 (possible losses: 1 each vs Broncos/Chiefs/Chargers, vs Cardinals, @Rams)
    Broncos: 11-6 (possible losses: 1 each vs Chargers/Chiefs/Raiders, @Ravens, vs Cardinals, @Rams)
    Chiefs: 10-7 (possible losses: 1 each vs Broncos/Raiders/Chargers, @Buccaneers, vs Bills, vs Rams, one of Bengals or Cardinals)

NFC East

Eagles: 12-5 (possible losses: 1 against Cowboys, @Cardinals, vs Packers, 2 of Titans, Colts, and Vikings)
    Cowboys: 11-6 (possible losses: 1 against Eagles, vs Buccaneers, vs Bengals, @Rams, @Packers, one of Titans or Colts)
    Commies: 5-12 (possible wins: 1 against Giants, @Bears, vs Falcons, 2 of Jaguars or Lions or Texans)
    Giants: 4-13 (possible wins: 1 against the Commanders, vs Bears, 2 of @Jaguars, @Seahawks, vs Texans, vs Lions)

NFC North

Packers: 13-4 (possible losses: 1 against Vikings, @Buccaneers, @Bills, vs Rams)
    Vikings: 12-5 (possible losses: 1 against Packers, vs Cardinals, @Bills, 2 of Colts/Eagles/Cowboys/Dolphins)
    Lions: 4-13 (possible wins: 1 against Bears, vs Seahawks, 2 of Giants/Jags/Commanders/Panthers)
    Bears: 3-14 (possible wins: 1 against Lions, 2 of Jets/Texans/Giants/Commanders/*********going to be some bad football this year)

NFC South

Bucc's: 13-4 (possible Ls: vs Packers, vs Chiefs, vs Ravens, vs Rams, vs Bengals, @Cardinals, go 2-4 of these)
    Panthers: 8-9 (likely Ls: 2 against Buccs, 1 against Saints, vs Cardinals, vs 49ers, @Rams, @Bengals, @Ravens, vs Broncos)
    Saints: 5-12 (likely Ls: 2 against Buccs, 1 against Panthers, vs Vikings, vs Bengals, @Cardinals, vs Raiders, vs Ravens, vs Rams, @49ers, @Browns (Watson), @Eagles)
    Falcons: 1-16 (possible wins: @Seattle? Who's coming out next year, because they're almost a lock for #1 pick)

NFC West

49ers: 12-5 (possible Ls: 1 each against Rams and Cardinals, Broncos/Chiefs/Raiders/Chargers, vs Buccaneers (2-3 on those games)
    Rams: 11-6 (possible Ls: 1 each against Cardinals and 49ers, vs Bills, @Buccaneers, @Chiefs, vs Raiders, @Packers, vs Broncos, @Chargers, go 3-4 on non-division games here)
    Cards: 11-6 (possible Ls: 1 each against Rams and 49ers, vs Chiefs, @Raiders, vs Chargers, @Broncos, vs Buccaneers (2-3 on those games), one of Vikings or Eagles)
    'hawks: 1-16 (possible wins: @Falcons, vs Giants, vs Jets, figure 1-2)

So Playoff Seeding:

AFC 1st/Bye- Ravens, Divisions: Bills (2), Chargers (3), Colts (4) Wildcards: Bengals (5), Raiders (6), Broncos (7)

NFC 1st/Bye- Buccaneers (division record and strength of schedule), Divisions: Packers (2), 49ers (3), Eagles (4, same division/SOS tie-breaker) Wildcards: Vikings (5), Rams (6), Cardinals (7, same division/SOS tie-breaker)

Wildcard Weekend:

AFC

Broncos @ Bills, Raiders @Chargers, Bengals @ Colts

NFC

Cardinals @ Packers, Rams @ 49ers, Vikings @ Eagles

Divisional Round

AFC

Raiders @Ravens, Bengals @ Bills

NFC

Rams @ Buccaneers, Eagles @ Packers

Championship Round

AFC

Raiders @ Bills

NFC

Packers @ Buccaneers

Super Bowl!

Bills vs Buccaneers: Winner: Tom Brady and the Buccaneers ruin one more Bills season. Worst possible timeline for the Bills mafia.

It's time for 2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS!

Alas, we don't have Urban Meyer to laugh at/blame every loss and failing to develop Trevor Lawrence on this year. DOUG PEDERSON, COME ON DOWN!

The best takes from the few Jags fans that came forward:
    • Drew Magary: "Your 2021 record: 3-14, and I promise you that this team’s 1-15 season the year prior was more dignified. The 2021 Jaguars got dusted more often than a set of venetian blinds. Eleven of their losses came by double-digit margins. They opened their season with a loss to a Texans outfit that, right up until that moment, was the most embarrassing organization in the league. They lost to a Jets team that had 20 players out with COVID-19. They had a turnover differential of -20, seven worse than the next team. Their mascot nearly pulled an Owen Hart. They hired the Texans’ PR flack away from Houston only to watch her leave the NFL altogether at season’s end. They had an onside kick returned for a touchdown. Their No. 1 draft pick—the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck—got outplayed all season long by Mac Jones. I wanna fucking die. Aren’t these people professionals? How do you f*** up THIS badly? Who was in charge of this s*** salad?

Oh. Right. Show the video.

Terrible video. I wasn’t even turned on by it, and I’m turned on by everything. That’s Urban Meyer, who suffers from a rare brain condition that causes rage blackouts, uncontrollable kicking spasms, and spontaneous dry humping. You might remember last preseason, when Urban had already disgraced himself by attempting to hire known racist Chris Doyle as his strength coach, and when he attempted to buff his halo one final time by inviting Tim Tebow’s promise ring to training camp to play tight end. Fortunately for you and me, that was only the BEGINNING of Urban’s disgraces. So many disgraces, I’m surprised he didn’t re-animate the corpse of Aaron Hernandez and send it on a five-state killing spree
      ."
    • Alex:"In 2014, at a sports bar in Oakland, I asked the bartender if they were going to show the Jags game. She asked me what sport that was. I hesitated for a second, shrugged, and responded, “Football?”"
    • Jordon: " The Jaguars do not have a single player on their team that they drafted before 2017. As a reminder: between 2008 and 2017, the Jaguars drafted in the top 10 every single year.

2020 1st round pick: CJ Henderson, traded for a 3rd round pick one year later
      2017 1st round pick: Leonard Fournette. Cut by Jags in 2021, signed by the Bucs and won a Super Bowl. Jaguars received no compensation.
      2016 1st round pick: Jalen Ramsey: perennial all-pro, Super Bowl winner and likely HOFer – plays for the Rams.
      2014 2nd round pick: Allen Robinson. Jaguars let walk as a free agent in 2018 and received no compensation, Robinson signed with the Bears, has been top 20 in WR receiving yards since then despite playing for the Bears. He has been better than any WR the Jaguars have had in the meantime.
      2012 3rd round pick: Bryan Anger, a punter (!). Made his first Pro Bowl in 2021. With the Cowboys.
      2010 1st round pick: Tyson Alualu, still in NFL and contributing as an defensive lineman. For the Steelers
      2006 1st round pick: Marcedes Lewis: will tie the NFL all-time record for seasons played by a tight end in 2022. Has played the last four of those seasons for the Packers, in the process taking multiple trips to the NFC title game.

The Jaguars are a great team to follow if you enjoy watching players leave to have great success somewhere else.
      "
    • Billy: "Trent Baalke is still here! The big brain behind hiring Jim Tomsula, Chip Kelly, and Urban Meyer is still running a football team! The Jags could have hired anyone to replace Urbs but they insisted that f***ing Baalke had to be part of the package."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-29-2022 at 04:28 PM.

It's time for 2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE DETROIT LIONS!

NOW WITH SURRENDER COBRAS!

The best takes from suffering Lions fans:
    • Drew Magary: "Your quarterback: You don’t have one. You have this guy. That’s Jared Goff, last seen working as Ryan Gosling’s stunt double on the set of the new Barbie movie. You might remember Goff from last season when the Lions benched him, only to realize that all of their other quarterbacks were somehow even worse. You might also remember the time that Goff didn’t realize the ball was about to be snapped. Or you might remember that Goff is a system QB who wasn’t even good when he was in a good system. The Lions don’t seem to remember any of that, because they had all offseason replace Goff and did NOTHING. They could have drafted someone, or traded for a veteran, or even hired your cousin Fred to do the job. They did none of that, hence nothing else about this team matters right now. A headless chicken in Iron Man’s armor is still headless.

Your backups are still Tim Boyle and the immortal David “Mister” Blough. Ten years from now, one of these men will be hired as offensive coordinator of the Falcons and then fired a year later
      ."
    • Ken: "I’m to the point where I can’t figure out if Goff can’t read in general, let alone a defense."
    • Ryan: "Stafford has 400% more playoff wins in his career in one year not in Detroit than Detroit does in the Super Bowl era."
    • Kiah: "The last time these dips***s won a championship, Nancy Pelosi was still in high school."
    • Chris: " September 12, 2010. The first Sunday of a new NFL season.

My grandfather (“Pa,” as we called him), had been living with Parkinson’s Disease for a decade, and the end was near. So, a dozen members of my family–aunts, uncles, cousins–had traveled from various points across the Midwest to my grandparents’ house in central Michigan to say their goodbyes. But as anyone who has lost a loved one to degenerative illness understands, the family had been saying its goodbyes for a long time. Watching Pa’s slow transformation into a living memory had been an agonizing experience–for his grandkids, definitely for his children, but especially for my grandma (“Na”), who’d spent every day of the last 10 years caring for him as he declined.

My grandparents met while serving in World War II. Pa’s leg had been blown off by a landmine, and Na was his nurse during recovery. They fell in love, got married, and had kids. And now, 65 years later, here she was taking care of him once again, their relationship coming full circle. In a sentimental, writery sort of way, it was a fitting and poignant end to their love story. But Na was not a writer, she was a nurse, and in a real-life, human sort of way, the previous decade had taken an enormous fucking toll on her. For that reason, amidst the sadness of the day, there was also a sense of imminent relief.

And for the Lions, there was hope. Matthew Stafford was entering his second season. His rookie year (particularly the now-infamous mic’d up Browns game) had done enough to convince us he was the Quarterback Who Was Promised. The Lions had just drafted Ndamukong Suh; Calvin Johnson was Calvin Johnson; Jim Schwartz would tweet about listening to Iron Maiden on the way to games. 24-year-old me could not have been more in on a Lions team.

Pa was a Lions fan of the Greatest Generation, and like many men his age, his fandom was anchored in two steadfast principles: an undying love for Bobby Layne and an undying hatred of the Chicago Bears. How appropriate, then, that the family’s final game with Pa could be this one–the birth of a new era of Lions football, announced through the destruction of the franchise he loathed. What a way to go.

And for a while, we actually believed things would work out that way. The Lions came out swinging. After a second early touchdown put them up 14-3, my oldest brother walked across the living room to Pa’s bedside to tell him the good news: not only were the Lions beating the Bears on opening day, they were doing so behind a quarterback from Bobby Layne’s high school! My brother swears to this day that when he delivered the message, Pa’s eyes lit up with the faintest glimmer of recognition–even happiness. I choose to believe him. Here, at the end of this interminable march to death, was a brief moment of joy.

But Lions fans are rarely afforded that privilege.

The Bears scored a 79-yard touchdown on the next play from scrimmage. Just before the half, Stafford took a hit from Julius Peppers and stayed down on the grass, holding his shoulder. Shaun Hill closed out the first half, and when he started the second, the pit in our stomachs widened into an abyss. Late in the fourth quarter, the Bears scored a touchdown to take the lead.

Lions fans all know what happened next. Calvin Johnson, walking demigod that he was, tried to save us. But as the referees kept debating his game-winning catch, as more time passed without confirmation of the touchdown, we all knew where things were headed.

When the catch was finally overturned, everyone reacted in their own way–the younger generation with rage and profanity, the older generation with chuckling disbelief. But if anyone had taken a moment to look over at Pa in his bed, I like to imagine they would have seen a second glimmer of recognition in his eyes: an exhausted disappointment as this goddamned team let him down one final time.

He died the next day. My brothers and I still watch every Sunday.
      "
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-29-2022 at 04:27 PM.

It's time for 2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE HOUSTON TEXANS!

What franchise player will they trade away for a 2nd rounder and a 10 lb. bag of chicken feed next?

The best takes from Texans faithful:
    • Drew Magary: "So let’s recap:

- The Texans draft Deshaun Watson
      - He’s really good; they’re set for at least the next decade
      - But Watson spends the bulk of his free time hunting around on Instagram for full body work from unsuspecting professional and nonprofessional massage therapists alike
      - He’s also playing for Bill O’Brien, who sucks **** through a paper straw
      - They blow a 24-3 lead to the Chiefs in the 2019 playoffs
      - They somehow alienate Watson while simultaneously enabling him. It’s not unlike your parents’ marriage
      - Watson refuses to play for them after the 2020 season
      - They refuse to trade him
      - THE DAVIS MILLS EXPERIENCE
      - A Texas grand jury declines to indict Watson, because assaulting women is legal in that state anyway
      - They trade Watson to Cleveland for three first-rounders and change
      - But they’re still part of this scandal AND they’re f***ing terrible
      ."
    • Ratto: "Jack Easterby (8-25 and running) is still controlling the franchise, and Cal McNair is now an exhibit at the Houston Zoo. Getting out from under the Deshaun Watson debacle is Easterby’s finest hour, and having Davis Mills as the team’s new quarterback is his second finest hour. Neither hour is actually good, though, so you see where the bar is set: in a roadside ditch half-filled with roadkill tossed there by the highway department.."
    • Jared: "Do you have any idea of the unflinching dedication and effort it took for Jack Easterby to become the most universally and irredeemably reviled snake-headed piece of s*** in a city that produced JOEL F***ING OSTEEN?!"
    • John: "They keep trying to hire Josh McCown to be head coach. He’s got absolutely no coaching experience of any kind, but he does go to the same church as Jack Easterby which means that not only is he a Christian, but he’s the right kind of Christian."
    • Nate: "Shortly after my mother-in-law’s fiancé Bill was diagnosed with terminal cancer, they decided to get married as quickly as they could to try and enjoy as much of their remaining time together as they could. When they asked me to perform the ceremony, it was my honor to accept. I am still thrilled that I was able to do that for them. It was a lovely, small ceremony, with family and dear friends in attendance. Afterwards, there was good food and lots of booze, and wouldn’t you know it? The Texans were in the goddamn playoffs! And the game was a fucking corker. The Texans roared ahead early and just couldn’t stop scoring. One of the guests clapped me on the shoulder and said, “This is gonna be our year!”

The Chiefs then scored 51 unanswered points, and it is unclear whether the Texans will ever so much as sniff the playoffs again.

Bill died two months later. Deshaun Watson is an unrepentant rapist (am I sad he is Cleveland’s problem now? No I am not). Jack Easterby is still the answer to the question “What if Rasputin, but at a ‘Disciple Now’ retreat?”
      "
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-29-2022 at 04:26 PM.

It's time for 2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE NEW YORK JETS!

Ah yes. The team that only exists to make sure the Giants look smarter.

The best takes from Jets fans:
    • Drew Magary: "That’s second year QB Zach Wilson, who spent this offseason embodying every Brazzers video you’ve ever watched. Wilson stands accused by his ex-girlfriend of f***ing his mom’s best friend. If you’re familiar with Mrs. Wilson’s body of work, this development actually feels predictable. Mrs. Wilson is in that social class of middle-aged people who are both angry and horny ALL THE TIME, so it was only natural that her son—who exudes next generation pornstar vibes—would take advantage. Kinda wish she’d been MY mom. Who knows how much action I would’ve gotten from her fellow Karens.

Anyway, Lisa Wilson is out of her f***ing mind. I can’t even imagine how many pink guns she owns. Her Instagram page is an unnerving tour through the psyche of Grievance America. She claims that “many people” say to her that her videos “are what gets them out of bed in the morning.” Sounds like something Rudy Giuliani would say to her.
      ."
    • Thomas: "We always win two games we have absolutely no business winning to make sure we don’t end up with the first overall pick we’ve deserved eight out of the last 10 years. We will get swept by our division by a combined score of 210-25, with over 100 of those points put up by the f***ing Patriots, whose post-Brady teams dust us worse than when the Bad Man was in the division. We’re gonna get killed by Belichick’s kid, who looks like different statuses of how close you are to death in Doom. "
    • Colin: "Watching another snakebitten franchise like the Bengals get to the Super Bowl makes it all the more depressing knowing in my heart that will never happen again for the Jets. F*** Woody Johnson with the lifeless body of Adam Gase."
    • William: "The greatest quarterback in team history had a TD/Interception ratio of 170/215."
    • Nate: "The Jets possess a certain humiliation factor that is unrivaled by the other teams. Consider their franchise QB situation since 2000.

-Chad Pennington, famous for his feeble arm strength.
      -Mark Sanchez, reached two AFCC games, but best known for the Buttfumble.
      -Geno Smith, had his jaw broken by a disgruntled teammate over a $600 debt.
      -Christian Hackenberg, only considered a potential franchise QB by two or three people in the world, one of whom was in charge of the Jets draft. More suited to be a Hardee’s Franchisee.
      -Sam Darnold, immortalized in a gif which has been memed into an all purpose Swiss Army Knife of Jets insults.
      -Zach Wilson, too early to say but likely to carry the reputation of an adjunct member of the Draper, Utah Ladies Book Club.

In 10 years, when Jets rookie QB Keighdyn Roethlisberger is arrested for indecent exposure at a Rockettes show, Wilson’s MILF Hunter status will probably just be the middle of a continued line of ignominy from the league’s premiere circus attraction.
      "

Predictions:

NFC

East: The Eagles-I think they're better than they look and the Cowboys ain't as fly as they think.

North: The Packers - Rodgers final year as Da King in da Norf

South: The Buccaneers - Brady may be old but they're still good on paper

West - The Rams - Give the Defending Champs their Due

WC: Niners, Saints & Cowboys - Niners are pretty well rounded despite Trey Lance being a question mark, Saints D will carry to the playoffs but not beyond the WC round, Cowboys sneak in

Dark Horse: The Panthers - Call me crazy but I think Baker may Ball out this year

Wave the White Flag Now - The Seahawks - Time for Carrol to pass the torch and rebuild with the massive haul of draft picks you got for Russel

AFC

East - The Bills - They're the favorites for a reason

North - The Bengals - Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase pick up right where they left off

South - The Colts - Matt Ryan's last ride

West - The Chiefs - The AFC West is this years biggest story. But no matter how much the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos have improved...they don't get the benefit of the doubt till they take the crown from Mahomes

Wild Cards: Raiders, Broncos, Ravens - The Raiders in spite of being projected #4 in the division stun the world by matching the Chiefs record but losing the division crown do to a tie breaker, after a rocky start Russel begins to cook in early Nov, Ravens and Chargers have the same record but Ravens get in due to a tie breaker

Dark Horse - The Dolphins - Tua proves the haters wrong but some rookie head coaching mistakes from McDaniel cost them a couple of vital games.

Raise the White Flag: The Patriots - Losing McDaniels to the Raiders has more adverse effects to the development of Mac Jones than most people thought, and despite Darth Hoodie's tenured resume...poor coaching from his staff puts the Pats out of playoff coemption in late Nov
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

First of four more coming in on a Tuesday morning...

It's time for 2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE NEW YORK GIANTS!

The organization is assuring us that THIS will be Daniel Jones' year! Just like they will for the next 3 years.

The best takes from fans of the G-Men:
    • Drew Magary: "The Giants fought each other the first day of camp, and not in the I love my guys being chippy out there! way. They lost their final six games by an average score of 27-9. They were swept by the WFT. They managed four passing yards in a single half against the Bears, who themselves finished 6-11. They bunched their receivers together down the field like a soccer team comprised exclusively of six-year-olds. The Mannings joked that their quarterback was colorblind. They fired their offensive coordinator and replaced him with Freddie Kitchens (didn’t work). They somehow fucked up a free soda giveaway. Football Outsiders had them ranked, statistically, as the worst Giants team of the past 40 years. And then there was The Sneak Heard Round The World, going for a QB sneak from 9 yards out of the end zone on third down.

Your quarterback remains Dave Gettleman’s Cruelest Mistake.The Giants themselves had a chance to draft Josh Allen in 2018. Instead, they drafted a s***ty running back, sucked for another year, and HEY PRESTO!
      "
    • Danny: "The Giants and the Jets are tied for the worst record in the NFL over the last 5 seasons (22-59). They are dead last despite that stretch including the Browns going 0-16 and the Jaguars getting the first pick in back-to-back years."
    • Scott: "You can make a very strong case that Dave Gettleman’s tenure with the Giants was the worst GM’ing in the history of the NFL. Naturally, the Giants threw him a retirement party: an actual, on-field, party before the last home game. Attended by friends, family and John Mara as enraged fans looked on. "
    • Erik: "The best thing that ever happened to Daniel Jones is people seeing how much worse this team was with Mike Glennon.”"
    • Kenneth: "I have never felt such catharsis than when they pulled the 3rd-and-nine QB sneak and the crowd erupted in boos so loud you’d think there were more than twenty fans still attending the games. That was my “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore” moment — just a wonderful, spontaneous mass explosion of disgust, hatred and anger. For once I felt something other than depression while watching this team; I felt jolted alive. There is clarity when you hit rock bottom; for me that play is the greatest moment of the entire season. "

Next up... 2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE CAROLINA PANTHERS!

How many games will Christian McCaffrey miss this year?

The best takes from Panthers faithful:
    • Drew Magary: "Your 2021 record: 5-12, after starting 3-0. Every year, one otherwise hapless team gets hot out of the gate against a handful of even worse teams, and then the bottom falls out in October. That was you guys. GOTTA LOVE THE EFFORT THOUGH.

I have no idea what the f*** the 2021 Panthers were doing, and neither did they. They had the second-best defense in football in terms of yardage, which would have been cool had they not also had the third-worst offense in football. They traded a second-rounder and more for Sam Darnold, only to watch him rank as the third-worst quarterback in the entire league, according to PFF. They traded for Stephon Gilmore and only won two games after doing so. They watched Christian McCaffrey get hurt AGAIN. Their rookie phenom corner also got hurt and remains so. They blew a 15-3 lead to an Eagles team that was pathologically incapable of passing the ball. You know how hard it is to blow a lead to a run-only team? That’d be like the U.S. winning a war in the Middle East.
      "
    • Richard: "This franchise has recorded seven winning seasons in 27 tries. They still have never had back-to-back winning seasons in team history."
    • Michael: "What do people remember about our Super Bowl appearance? 1. Janet Jackson’s boob. 2. A botched kick."
    • Cameron: "All of our fanbase hates Rhule’s f***ing guts, no one can tell me any of the players like him either. Matt Rhule is nothing more than the 2020s version of Greg Schiano and my wildest dreams pray this ends in a fan revolt that makes Tennessee Volunteers fans look tame. This f***ing idiot traded for Sam Darnold last year then extended him without playing a down. Darnold is one of the worst QBs in NFL history, so much so they traded for a 5’3” hothead the Browns didn’t think twice about choosing a serial sexual predator over. ”"
    • AJ: "The other day an employee at the ********** saw my Panthers shirt and asked what I thought about Baker Mayfield. His reaction when I responded with a deep sigh suggested that “heavy sigh” is the consensus feeling of Panthers fans right now."

Third on today's docket... 2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE CHICAGO BEARS!

Let's start debating on if they failed to develop Justin Fields because he has no line or any weapons, or argue that it is definitely Fields who would fail regardless, because all Ohio State QBs do at the pro level...

The best takes from DA BEARS fans:
    • Drew Magary: "Your new offensive coordinator is Luke Getsy. The Bears have never had a good offensive coordinator in my lifetime. Look at this list and tell me you feel anything but abject despair. This team’s QUARTERBACK history is less depressing by comparison. Will Getsy, who has never called plays in his life, break this pattern? Listen man, I don’t even have to make an educated guess here to be right. I have more of a chance to be wrong guessing that next month will be September."
    • Scott: "I would prefer that Aaron Rodgers was the actual owner."
    • Eric: "They’re the Lions without the laughter. "
    • Jim: "Just this morning, my kids were telling me how excited they are to go to Bears training camp next week. My eldest (12) follows Justin Fields on Instagram and said that she can tell he’s going to “break out” this year. I’m surprised no one has called DCFS on me yet."
    • Jim #2: "Bears fans hate when we win because the other team had the audacity to score. Bears fans hate when we sign a good player because they cost too much. Bears fans hate cutting a player to free up cap space. Bears fans hate going to the playoffs if we didn’t win the Super Bowl. Bears fans hate anyone on the team that does anything. I’ve witnesses fans complain that we kicked a field goal to secure a win because, “Dis ain’t Bears football! Dese guys need to be scoring touchdowns! Put me in dere, I’ll run it in, no problem!” I’ve witnessed some version of this many, many times.

My dad still complains about losing to the Dolphins in ’85. The team went 18-1, and he’ll always bring up the loss to the Dolphins. Not because of missing the perfect season, but because it was on Monday Night.

Bears fans hate being fans.
      "
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-30-2022 at 02:02 AM.

Closing out today's entries... 2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE ATLANTA FALCONS!

Who will underwhelm more? Mariota or Ridder? And will this team ever find a pass rusher since John Abraham left?

From Falcons fans still recovering from 28-3 PTSD:
    • Drew Magary: "Football Outsiders pored over the stats and concluded that they were the “worst seven-win team in history.” Their point differential of -146 was the fifth-worst in the entire league. The four teams below them averaged four wins. The two teams above them also averaged four wins. They had one of the worst red zone offenses in football, and only two teams in the NFL allowed more points. Their seven victories meant precisely jack and s***.

So now you understand what kind of entity we’re really dealing with here. All my life, I’ve said to myself, “I’d love it if I never had to think about the Atlanta Falcons,” and lo and behold that wish has finally come true. This team was emptier than Brian Kemp’s soul. They let Taylor Heinicke beat them at home, at the gun, on a flare pass to a running back that ended up going for a 30-yard touchdown. They let the Panthers hang over 200 yards rushing on them, with Sam Darnold getting 66 of those yards. And those were the GOOD losses. Every other loss they suffered was by double digits. No team had fewer sacks than this one last year, and the second worst pass rushing outfit in the league (Philly) had 11 more sacks. Their best running back was a wideout. Their best wideout took a mysterious personal leave midseason before getting suspended for the entire 2022 season for gambling on football.
      "
    • Brent: "The highlight of this team in 2021 is that we were the first to be completely 100% vaccinated against COVID. The Falcons were outscored 68-3 in five days alone (loss at Dallas, 43-3, on a Sunday; loss at home to New England, 25-0, on a Thursday). We also had three different quarterbacks throw three separate interceptions on three straight drives. I wish this were a joke. This team also went more than 365 days without winning in Atlanta. Kyle Pitts’ first touchdown in America came in the Pro Bowl."
    • Dave: "I hate how the cameras have to show our horrible fucking owner standing on the sidelines every home game because OMG SO INVOLVED. He looks like a s***ty mob boss caricature out of a local pizza parlor commercial.

Our archrivals still host Super Bowls in their dome that is twice as old and survived the worst f***ing natural disaster in American history.
      "
    • Rosalyn: "[I]The only big surprise about Ridley getting suspended for gambling was that he allegedly wasn’t betting against the Falcons."
    • Spencer: "The Braves won the World Series and then drove 70 mph through downtown with the trophy before jettisoning their most popular player, and they still have more people skills than the Falcons’ franchise.

I’m an atheist and I would rather go to church than a Falcons game. At least at church they have free donuts, and I already know God is never showing up.
      "

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, going into the new season, I can see my Eagles going 11-6, perhaps even edging out Dallas to win NFC East. All eyes here will be on QB Jalen Hurts and if he can elevate the Birds into becoming one of the NFL's elite teams, he has weapons, namely WR's A.J. Brown and Devonta Smith, TE Dallas Goedert and RB Miles Sanders while being protected by potentially one of the best offensive lines in the league. The defense will also have to stand up and deliver, two rookies from Georgia, gargantuan DL Jordan Davis and speedy linebacker Nakobe Dean will be looked upon as contributors from week one along with standouts Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox on the line, linebackers Kyzir White and Hasson Reddick and CB James Bradberry who lucked into our laps after the Giants let him walk. I feel good about the Birds and believe they'll go far this season.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, going into the new season, I can see my Eagles going 11-6, perhaps even edging out Dallas to win NFC East. All eyes here will be on QB Jalen Hurts and if he can elevate the Birds into becoming one of the NFL's elite teams, he has weapons, namely WR's A.J. Brown and Devonta Smith, TE Dallas Goedert and RB Miles Sanders while being protected by potentially one of the best offensive lines in the league. The defense will also have to stand up and deliver, two rookies from Georgia, gargantuan DL Jordan Davis and speedy linebacker Nakobe Dean will be looked upon as contributors from week one along with standouts Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox on the line, linebackers Kyzir White and Hasson Reddick and CB James Bradberry who lucked into our laps after the Giants let him walk. I feel good about the Birds and believe they'll go far this season.
    If Hurts can't succeed with the talent he's got at skill positions and on the O-Line this season, Philly will likely be looking to draft another QB or try to pillage one from another team's roster next year. But it's pretty safe to say that the front office set him up to be able to get wins. ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE REST OF THE DIVISION.