Page 40 of 173 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The whole "Brady can do much more with much then anyone else in the NFL." Is being put to the test right now in Tampa and he is not passing with flying colors.
    Tom Brady is a 45 year old QB playing really at a time we'd never imagine years ago. 45 years old...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Don't tell me y'all actually stayed up to watch that crapfest! I bailed at the half because it was putting me to sleep, and my bed is far more comfortable than my sofa.

Next week is Bears vs. Cobra Commanders. Methinks I'll give that mess the hardest of hard passes. I'm not gonna waste my time watching Carson Wentz **** the bed while Justin Fields throws the ball maybe ten times.
    I loved it! So bad it was good. Though RG3 is right, Amazon should give us all a free month of Prime for watching. So many spit-takes watching that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Tom Brady is a 45 year old QB playing really at a time we'd never imagine years ago. 45 years old...
    Yea I know how old he is. he is playing. But he is not playing well so I am less impressed.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Yea I know how old he is. he is playing. But he is not playing well so I am less impressed.
    Again how many 45 year old QBs are expected to have MVP seasons and be all pros ? It's kinda hard to imagine somehow Brady is expected to do this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Again how many 45 year old QBs are expected to have MVP seasons and be all pros ? It's kinda hard to imagine somehow Brady is expected to do this.
    He is the greatest of all time right? Cant say he is the greatest at everything and it is a miracle he is playing at 45 and how amazing that is. Then at the same time people call him the greatest blame a lack of talent behind him or his age as to why he is not playing well so far this season.

It seems brady super fans want to have it both ways.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Don't tell me y'all actually stayed up to watch that crapfest! I bailed at the half because it was putting me to sleep, and my bed is far more comfortable than my sofa.

Next week is Bears vs. Cobra Commanders. Methinks I'll give that mess the hardest of hard passes. I'm not gonna waste my time watching Carson Wentz **** the bed while Justin Fields throws the ball maybe ten times.
    Cason Wantz... Remember when he said "That's going to be me next year" to a teammate, as he watched Nick Foles celebrate his Super Bowl win?

He is the greatest of all time right? Cant say he is the greatest at everything and it is a miracle he is playing at 45 and how amazing that is. Then at the same time people call him the greatest blame a lack of talent behind him or his age as to why he is not playing well so far this season.

It seems brady super fans want to have it both ways.

Brady is the greatest of all time at playing past 40 and winning as many Super Bowls as he has. But we can also say that at an age no one expected , its kinda wild to expect him to do the things he did in his 30's. Because many QB's have drop offs way before 45. We can look at say....Peyton Manning in recent memory. His drop off was so insane that its wild at how he fell apart within a season before 40.

We could be seeing Russell Wilson be falling apart at age 34 soon. So for what Tom Brady has done ...he is the greatest for sure. But to expect him to not be suffering some fall off at age 45 is not unexpected. And its not like Brady is out there stinking it up like Wilson right now.

Fantastic Member

If Russel Wilson's career falls off a cliff, do you guys thing he has done enough to make it to the Hall of Fame?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    If Russel Wilson's career falls off a cliff, do you guys thing he has done enough to make it to the Hall of Fame?
    Nope. One Super Bowl ring isn’t enough to get him into Canton. Yes, I know Dan Marino has none, but his incredible passing numbers earned him enshrinement, but Wilson’s chances aren’t at all good.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    No he doesnt. I wouldnt even put him in the Conversation

Jim Kelly , Fran Tarkenton...2 other QBs who didn't win Super Bowls either. Right now
    ..with 2 trips to Super Bowl..
    I think Wilson is where Eli Manning is. And Eli was the ultimate up n down QB at times. Will Eli go in ?

Part of why Russell Wilson has been so bad recently, it was revealed today he has been playing with a partially torn lat in his right shoulder the past 2 weeks. Since he throws right handed that is going to affect arm strength and accuracy. He is going to try to play through it, but he's not going to be 100% until it heals. It doesn't account for the poor decisions he has made, but knowing he was hurt could be in his head and have an effect on the mental aspect of the game too.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I hope Wilson does not pull one of those... Injuries are not why I am playing poor I can play through it. And then after each loss say he was not 100 percent so what do they expect?? Then after every win talk about how great it was because he over came an injury.

I am getting shades of Baker last season.

I hope Wilson does not pull one of those... Injuries are not why I am playing poor I can play through it. And then after each loss say he was not 100 percent so what do they expect?? Then after every win talk about how great it was because he over came an injury.

I am getting shades of Baker last season.
    I get the sense Wilson would have kept the injury quiet and not said anything (he didn't after the game he hurt it in or after his lousy performance Thursday). The team release the info and I am betting it is their half-ass attempt to save face with fans turning on Wilson after the trade and poor start. I think ownership was spooked by fans walking out before OT and are circling the wagons around their pocket book trying to make excuses and keep fans from grabbing torches and pitchforks. I may be wrong, and Wilson may whine about the injury the rest of the season, but the release of the news was initiated by the team, not Wilson.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I get the sense Wilson would have kept the injury quiet and not said anything (he didn't after the game he hurt it in or after his lousy performance Thursday). The team release the info and I am betting it is their half-ass attempt to save face with fans turning on Wilson after the trade and poor start. I think ownership was spooked by fans walking out before OT and are circling the wagons around their pocket book trying to make excuses and keep fans from grabbing torches and pitchforks. I may be wrong, and Wilson may whine about the injury the rest of the season, but the release of the news was initiated by the team, not Wilson.

-M
    I get the team released it. I am just tired of the players that are injured and it is no big deal until they play bad, or until they play great and it is some modern heroic feat. Like I said burnt our from Baker. And how many damn times did we have to see Rodgers freaken toe?

But I can see the team doing this to try and like you said save face that they didnt give up their future for a late career bust.