Page 156 of 173 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2583

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The mistake was Schultz nonchalanting that catch and not making sure he got his second foot in. THat yardage would have given the Cowboys some reasonable options on that final play. Not a lot, but some.

-M
    The whole series of play was mistake. Going out of bounds backward and not stopping the clock, short passes when you have the whole field to go....The last play was not going anywhere.

Of course Mitchell on SF could have ended the game if he just sat down when he got that first down.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    To quote Lt. Saavik from Star Trek III, it is time for total truth between us. If the 49ers weren't playing my Eagles this coming Sunday, I'd be rooting for Frisco to go all the way, and for Brock Purdy to realize the impossible goal of going from Mr. Irrelevant to Super Bowl champion. Meanwhile, I'll wait a few days before making my picks for the conference championship round.
    Well, I'll see your Trek III and raise you an Episode IV, I find your lack of faith disturbing. Also illustrates the difference in a true Philadelphia fan outlook vs. one who is admittedly, only quarter Philly fan. So, IN A DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF GAME the 49ers scored 19 points, at home and only bested a middling Dallas team by 7. 49ers scored the fewest points of all the Divisional games winners. This game was was 9-9 into the 4th. Purdy also threw that Kittle pass and nearly got that man's head knocked clean off. That was freakin' close, glad they were all yuks about it after, he's still a rookie and that nearly was his moment. Even with the 2 blatant picks by Dak and a comical ending I can't see that this was the showing Frisco was looking for.

Now, other side is 'our' team slapped the good vibes taste right out of the Giants mouths. A team not ready but still, they got demolished. I still say San Fransisco has the advantage on defense but Hurts is far and away better than Purdy and it's GOT to show at some point. History tells us Shanny's kid isn't the brightest in the big games.

Out of the Final Four in terms of strength it's 1- Cincinattie a close 2nd Philly and out of recency I really can't call the difference between the 3 and 4 Chefs and 9ers respectively but the edge has to go to Mahomes still. I picked Philly to win the Superbowl months ago but that was before Cincy got white hot. I still say Eagles get there but I'm not so sure they'll get past Burrow in the big one.

49er's 27
    Eagles 34

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I pick Philly next week. Advantage of QB and home field. Edge Cincy, Mahomes is not 100% so beating a team that knows how to beat them will be tough.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My crystal ball says the Bengals are going back to the Super Bowl. Philly and SF seems to be a complete toss up. But I lean Eagles.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

God knows I’m no football strategist, but the Boys should’ve tried a Hail Mary play, then hope for a miracle. That Keystone Kops lateral stuff rarely works and it made Kirk Cousins’ three yard dump off last weekend against the Giants look even more egregious.
    If you mean a Hail Mary play to get to the red zone, yes I agree. Followed by a normal play or three after that to get to the endzone. But McCarthy just doesn't seem to think that way, he thinks very in the box and relies on his players to excel rather than his play calling.

Hilarious how Zeke was just bowled over after the spike. The whole play obviously relied on him to somehow get the ball and make things happen. Just weirdly Dallas for it to end with a delayed short pass into traffic, and fast tackle.

Dallas has an identity problem. They believe they are way better than they actually are, because they beat scrub teams.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-23-2023 at 01:31 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If you mean a Hail Mary play to get to the red zone, yes I agree. Followed by a normal play or three after that to get to the endzone. But McCarthy just doesn't seem to think that way, he thinks very in the box and relies on his players to excel rather than his play calling.

Hilarious how Zeke was just bowled over after the spike. The whole play obviously relied on him to somehow get the ball and make things happen. Just weirdly Dallas for it to end with a delayed short pass into traffic, and fast tackle.

Dallas has an identity problem. They believe they are way better than they actually are, because they beat scrub teams.
    Except they were 3-1 against teams with double digit wins and 5 of their wins this season were against playoff teams (and they had a winning record overall vs. playoff teams). They win against good teams, just not in the playoffs. They've become like the Bengals used to be, winning the unimportant games to have a record that looks good, but showing up least when it matters most, also known as the Marv Lewis Special.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

They had no time for a Hail Mary that wasn't a TD.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Cowboys Twitter and fans have turned on Dak Prescott now. It's pretty wild to see the fallout of how quick it's been
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Cowboys Twitter and fans have turned on Dak Prescott now. It's pretty wild to see the fallout of how quick it's been
    As an Eagles fan, I'm all for it!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well we got some good Skip Bayless who looked like a defeated man on national TV.

"You live 2 minutes away.." - Shannon Sharpe.

I think I said it a few days ago...never...NEVER as a fan guarantee a win as a fan of a team. Your literally calling on the football gods to smite you. As we see with Skip Bayless.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

That was the dumbest play. But I did enjoy it!

Extraordinary Member

I'm hoping for a 49ers/Bengals Super Bowl but we'll see how it turns out.

I believe both games will be great right down to the end. I sure hope so.

These last two weeks of the playoffs have been spectacular IMO.

I maintain that McCarthy would’ve been fired if the ‘Boys lost to 8-9 Tampa two weeks ago. Now, perhaps he earned himself a stay of execution from Jerrah because Dallas made it past the Wild Card round, but I’m sure Mikey’s seat will be more than a little warm going into next season….and Sean Payton is still out there, so the margin for error will be razor thin.
    Virtually every year he's in Dallas, he's one bad regular season away from getting fired. Going into this year, Dallas was, on-paper, the class of a woeful NFC East the past two seasons.

The Eagles have passed them by. The Giants are ascendant. The Commanders' players would run through a wall for Rivera.

Next year, their schedule involves playing the entire NFC West, who are, y'know, kinda good when healthy... the Lions (ascending) and Panthers, both of whom were 2nd place teams but in playoff contention late in the year, and then they have the entire AFC East on their schedule. Their "bonus" 17th game that doesn't fit the schedule pattern is against the L.A. Chargers, who are, again, another playoff team. But the other teams in their division seem to be getting stronger when they're just chugging along and trying to hope their O-Line stays together before they have to reboot the whole thing.

Dallas this year got to play the entire NFC North in a year where Green Bay was garbage, and an AFC South that had Jacksonville go on a run late to get to 9-8, but had some of the worst teams in the league.

The Cowboys aren't winning a dozen games this year. Zeke's a year older. Their O-Line's gonna be a year older. Pollard might not be recovered from that broken leg. McCarthy is still their coach. They're due for a step back.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Looks like Bill O'Brien is returning to New England to be the OC.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

LOL