Page 158 of 173 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2583
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Green Bay will probably ask for 2 #1s and a top player. Who is giving them that?
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Somebody desperate enough and with that kind of capital.

The Jets do come to mind.
    Yep...them or the Giants could make a run for Rodgers. But its up to Rodgers really since he runs the Green Bay front office lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yep...them or the Giants could make a run for Rodgers. But its up to Rodgers really since he runs the Green Bay front office lol
    I don't know if the Mara family would let their organization be taken over by a maniacal douche like Rodgers.

The Johnsons, though... they already did this with Favre. They never seem to learn from their mistakes. I would bet on the Jets if it had to be one or the other.

But good lord, putting Rodgers in front of the New York media... those press conferences would be off the chain.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't know if the Mara family would let their organization be taken over by a maniacal douche like Rodgers.

The Johnsons, though... they already did this with Favre. They never seem to learn from their mistakes. I would bet on the Jets if it had to be one or the other.

But good lord, putting Rodgers in front of the New York media... those press conferences would be off the chain.
    I agree that the Maras wouldn't give Rodgers the time of day. In all the years they've owned the Giants, they've never had an unrepentant egomaniac like Aaron the Pissy Packer under center. Eli was the closest thing they've ever had to a big name quarterback, and that's only because he's a Manning. As for the Jets, sure, they'd jump on Rodgers in a heartbeat if it meant stealing headlines from the rival Giants.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I agree that the Maras wouldn't give Rodgers the time of day. In all the years they've owned the Giants, they've never had an unrepentant egomaniac like Aaron the Pissy Packer under center. Eli was the closest thing they've ever had to a big name quarterback, and that's only because he's a Manning. As for the Jets, sure, they'd jump on Rodgers in a heartbeat if it meant stealing headlines from the rival Giants.
    I mean, the only times I remember the Giants allowing controversial figures on the team were Lawrence Taylor (which they put up with because he was arguably the most dominant pass rusher of his era, unless someone made a case for Reggie White), and Jeremy Shockey. Nobody else that outspoken has ever really been around. And LT didn't do a ton of press, it's just what we know now that was easier to ignore then.

Th Ap Candidates for AP Coach of the Year are in and it is no shock as to who made the list.

Brian Daboll, Doug Pederson and Kyle Shanahan
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Th Ap Candidates for AP Coach of the Year are in and it is no shock as to who made the list.

I guess Kevin O'Connell and the Vikes got left out for the negative point differential and crapping the bed in the playoffs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Happy for Pederson and Shanahan. I would've put Nick Sirianni or Andy Reid in over Daboll.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Too bad the Lions just missed the playoffs because Dan Campbell did basically everything Pederson did with less talent.

Extraordinary Member

Here's the list of AP nominees:

MVP
    Bills QB Josh Allen
    Bengals QB Joe Burrow
    Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes
    Eagles QB Jalen Hurts
    Vikings WR Justin Jefferson

Offensive Player of the Year
    Eagles QB Jalen Hurts
    Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill

Defensive Player of the Year
    Cowboys LB Micah Parsons
    49ers DE Nick Bosa
    Chiefs DT Chris Jones

Offensive Rookie of the Year
    49ers QB Brock Purdy
    Seahawks RB Kenneth Walker III
    Jets WR Garrett Wilson

Defensive Rookie of the Year
    Lions DE Aidan Hutchinson
    Jets CB Sauce Gardner
    Seahawks CB Tariq Woolen

Comeback Player of the Year
    Seahawks QB Geno Smith
    49ers RB Christian McCaffrey
    Giants RB Saquon Barkley

Coach of the Year
    Bills' Sean McDermott
    Eagles' Nick Sirianni
    49ers' Kyle Shanahan
    Giants' Brian Daboll
    Jaguars' Doug Pederson

Assistant Coach of the Year
    Eagles OC Shane Steichen
    49ers DC DeMeco Ryans
    Lions OC Ben Johnson
    Last edited by caj; 01-25-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Happy for Pederson and Shanahan. I would've put Nick Sirianni or Andy Reid in over Daboll.
    I’m an Eagles fan, and even I would put Daboll ahead of Hey Siri and Reid.

Burrow, Mahomes, Bosa, don't care who OROY just not Purdy because I want to seem him get more bulletin board material (last pick of the draft, 3rd string, snubbed OROY, etc.) and go psycho on the league, Hutch, Barkley, Shanahan, the Eagles guy if he's what got them through the Hurts injury (which is what I heard) if that is the same coach (might've been the OC).

Those are my picks.

Mahomes was good but Burrow is the MVP. Take him out and the Bengals don't go to the playoffs. KC is a lot better team overall and could make it and perhaps even win in the playoffs without Mahomes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Here's the list of AP nominees:

MVP
    Bills QB Josh Allen
    Bengals QB Joe Burrow
    Eagles QB Jalen Hurts

Offensive Player of the Year
    Eagles QB Jalen Hurts
    Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill

Defensive Player of the Year
    Cowboys LB Micah Parsons
    49ers DE Nick Bosa
    Chiefs DT Chris Jones

Offensive Rookie of the Year
    49ers QB Brock Purdy
    Seahawks RB Kenneth Walker III
    Jets WR Garrett Wilson

Defensive Rookie of the Year
    Lions DE Aidan Hutchinson
    Jets CB Sauce Gardner
    Seahawks CB Tariq Woolen

Comeback Player of the Year
    Seahawks QB Geno Smith
    49ers RB Christian McCaffrey
    Giants RB Saquon Barkley

Coach of the Year
    Bills' Sean McDermott
    Eagles' Nick Sirianni
    49ers' Kyle Shanahan
    Giants' Brian Daboll
    Jaguars' Doug Pederson

Assistant Coach of the Year
    Eagles OC Shane Steichen
    49ers DC DeMeco Ryans
    Lions OC Ben Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Burrow, Mahomes, Bosa, don't care who OROY just not Purdy because I want to seem him get more bulletin board material (last pick of the draft, 3rd string, snubbed OROY, etc.) and go psycho on the league, Hutch, Barkley, Shanahan, the Eagles guy if he's what got them through the Hurts injury (which is what I heard) if that is the same coach (might've been the OC).

Those are my picks.

Mahomes was good but Burrow is the MVP. Take him out and the Bengals don't go to the playoffs. KC is a lot better team overall and could make it and perhaps even win in the playoffs without Mahomes.

Uhh... take Mahomes out and KC isn't even in the playoffs either. Sorry to bust that thought but a lot of the games have been won this season on Mahomes miracle plays done and more. KC's not a better overall team as the defense is so/so and beyond Kelce and Pacheco ...there isn't a stud WR either there.

The offensive line is ok now. But as we have seen for years its basically Pat Mahomes who escapes and makes plays 90% of the time on his legs. Last week Mahomes had to literally throw passes off his back foot because due to his banged up ankle he couldn't plant forward good as he claimed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

I know there are great quarterbacks and everyone is always talking about quarterbacks but after awhile it annoys me. If you have a good TEAM you can win with just an ok Quarterback. Its been proven over and over. I think many of the Qbs are overpaid and are hurting their teams because they are taking to much of the money that could actually go to other good players on the field. You can be the best QB ever but if your right guard cant block you are going to have your legs broken and cant help the team.

Mahomes has had 4 , 4th quarter , game winning drives this season. In 5 seasons he's had 16 of them with 2 in playoffs. But this season alone Mahomes is worth it because he literally from week 11 to week 14 was helping KC win games. Had he not been there...how would KC have fared ?

Great QB's get the ball in those moments and win games in that final drive. Some times a decent QB can win sure. But its not a lot. Of this last decade these are the QB's who made it to Super Bowls. The * is the ones who have won Super Bowls.

-Matthew Stafford*
    -Joe Burrow
    - Pat Mahomes*
    - Tom Brady*
    - Jared Goff
    - Nick Foles*
    - Matt Ryan
    - Peyton Manning*
    - Russell Wilson*
    - Joe Flacco*
    - Cam Newton
    - Eli Manning*
    - Ben Rothlisberger
    - Drew Brees*

- Now you can say that of the last 12 years there have been 3 average QB's who have won Super Bowls. Joe Flacco , Nick Foles and Eli Manning. All 3 won these Super Bowls and they didn't repeat. Because ...well they are average QB's who really beyond a great game plan , defense or team that year...repeat. Flacco never has made it back even with great defense in Denver or NY Jets as we saw.

Foles never could make it back either even with other teams.

- Of the non Super Bowl average QB's ...Matt Ryan , Cam Newton and Jared Goff ....all 3 never made it back. Ryan and Newton are likely done in NFL due to bad play the last few seasons. Goff has a shot ...but he's in Detroit. So here you go. Goff , Ryan and Newton were on solid teams too but they just couldn't carry their team beyond it one season.

Final deal is QB's like Mahomes , Brady , Burrow etc...these guys get in playoffs and win when it counts. The others...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Those are my picks.

Is Purdy a product of talent no one knew existed, or the benefactor of a system that played to his strengths while surrounded by top of the line skill players? I lean towards the latter, not every GM in the league is stupid, for Purdy to have been passed over SEVEN times, including Frisco SIX times said they didn't think he had what it took to make it. Now, will Purdy ultimately prove everyone wrong? Perhaps, but let's see what happens once defensive coordinators finally figure him out and the system he operates under. Much as I hate to give credit to Dallas, but the Cowboys gave Purdy the hardest time since he became the Niners' starter. I expect other teams, especially division rivals in NFC West to eventually follow suit. That sort of thing is inevitable, what happens after that is up to Purdy and Kyle Shanahan.