Page 81 of 173 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2583

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Bills vs. Patriots tonight. Who's watching? I'll give this a watch, it might even be a decent game.
    Thursday nights have become my bag and board comics and put them away while the NFL game is on in the background. If it winds up being an interesting game, I pay more attention, if not, it's mindless background noise while I get stuff done.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Bills have placed Von Miller on the IR.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Patriot's defense won't be able to contain Allen when he runs for valuable yards, and him throwing the football for more than 100 yards. The Patriots don't have the arsenal to contain Allen and the Bills from scoring more than 21 points, and the Bills defense will be able to pressure Jones so he's going to have a challenging night.
    The Patriots could realistically cover the spread however they won't defeat the Bills mostly because Jones this season is not the same great QB while Allen is still a great QB.

Side note regarding Hard Knocks:

-Arizona cut RB Eno Benjamin suddenly after the coaching staff talked him up all offseason and preseason. It was sudden enough that local sports reporters are certain he had to have said something to a member of the coaching staff mid-season or about reduced carries prior to that cut. Somehow, none of that drama made it to the HBO show.
    - The next week, their O-Line coach gets fired four hours before gametime in Mexico City for sexually assaulting a woman in a nightclub. None of that was reflected on the show.
    - Reports are Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray had a rift between each other for a few games mid-season. None of that was reflected on the show.

Hard Knocks is empty filler, and the only time they show the actual drama is when it's a guy getting cut in the preseason, but they stage it as reality TV when it's a guy being put out on the street. Usually the 54th best players available on the team. Otherwise, it's a joke.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I have never enjoyed Hard Knocks. It is pretty much as you said filler and NFL Propaganda.

As a Cardinals fan I am sure you are bummed WBE to see the big moments and drama not make the screen.

I remember during the Bengals Hard Knocks season there was a fist fight between two players in the preseason during practice. Did not make the cut to show on Hard Knocks. Word came out via a local sports guy a year later that both the NFL and Owner Mike Brown told HBO to not air or even mention it.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-01-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Thursday nights have become my bag and board comics and put them away while the NFL game is on in the background. If it winds up being an interesting game, I pay more attention, if not, it's mindless background noise while I get stuff done.

-M
    I actually love this idea.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The Bills should win tonight. I have had them winning the SB since the offseason. If though...a BIG if...they protect Mac, let him throw, give him confidence, this could be interesting. The Pats defense will be there. It is the clowns telling Mac and the offense what to do is what is the Pats problem. I love Bill but this is not 2007 0r even 2014 anymore. New NFL. Bill brought in clowns to tell a young QB and offense how to play. Really?!

I hope the Pats win tonight and prove me wrong the the clowns smile in the end. I see Josh Allen smiling though...if healthy.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Thursday night is definitely a "watch while doing something else" thing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

New England is in their old school red jerseys, complete with the white ‘Pat the Patriot’ helmets. I like that look far more than their current one.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Again the Pats look awful. Mac was not great but not all his fault. So many stupid mistakes by the offense all around.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Rest In Peace John Hadl. Wish more QBs would wear number #20-25 in NFL.

Hadl21.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Patrick Mahomes reported on the Kelce brothers' podcast that in the lead-up to his being drafted by the Chiefs, Matt Nagy gave him a cheat sheet for his interview with Andy Reid, and Mahomes himself let the Chiefs know he likely would be gone from the draft board if they didn't draft him before #12 or so.

This both makes me curious about how often other draftees experience and do such things, and it makes me chuckle darkly at just how much this Nagy knew Trubitsky was limited compared to the prospect he'd clearly been favoring.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Patrick Mahomes reported on the Kelce brothers' podcast that in the lead-up to his being drafted by the Chiefs, Matt Nagy gave him a cheat sheet for his interview with Andy Reid, and Mahomes himself let the Chiefs know he likely would be gone from the draft board if they didn't draft him before #12 or so.

This both makes me curious about how often other draftees experience and do such things, and it makes me chuckle darkly at just how much this Nagy knew Trubitsky was limited compared to the prospect he'd clearly been favoring.
    As mentioned way before...Mahomes was high on Sean Payton's list and he was gonna draft him. When KC traded up a number of people thought it was for Watson there.

Payton told them..."No...they are drafting Mahomes..." That was the only QB the team saw in 1st rd they wanted.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

And as coach of Chicago , Nagy then did the wrong approach with Trubisky. When KC drafted Mahomes ; Andy Reid sit down and redone his system to feature Red Raider concepts at times.

So he was adjusting his system to fit the player he had. That the Chiefs offense under Alex Smith was completely different than what Pat Mahomes ran in 2018 forward.

Nagy went to Chicago , took what he saw that Mahomes ran in practices and some Reid west coast and thought....ok I'll make Trubisky be Pat Mahomes.

Instead of tailoring his system to Trubsiky's strengths he tried forcing him into that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I expect the Jets with the Legend of Mike White to crash today because I don't see the Jets defeating a great Vikings team in Thundering Minnesota even if Mike White plays great by not turning the football over.
    The Jet's defense is a strength however it will be greatly tested because of Jefferson, and the other arsenal that Cousins has to throw to.
    I'll be very happy to watch an entertaining game.

I don't see the TItans losing 2 consecutive games in the Vrabel era which is why I'm confident the Titans will rebound against the great Eagles by winning a game that they shouldn't win.
    Titans 31
    Eagles 27
    The Titans protect the football, the Titans pressure Hurts, and Derrick Henry runs for more than 98 yards and 2 Tds.

The Dolphins playing the 49ers is an interesting game because it's been a long time since they defeated a great Bills team. The 49ers have a strong defense so Tagavolia can show he is a great QB today vs the 49ers.

I don't expect the tanking hapless awful Texans to defeat the bad Browns because the Browns have good players so them outscoring the Texans and the Brown's defense creating is the realistic possibility.
    While Watson might be rusty in his revenge game becuase of returning after a long absence I doubt it will be detrimental for the Browns.