Page 24 of 173 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The players know the Steelers offensive coaching staff is inept and they're not trying to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Everyone thought The Browns season was over when Watson got dinged for q1 games. And here they are 2-1.
    They played the Panthers, the Jets, and a Steelers team running out Mitch Trubisky but without DPOY candidate TJ Watt. With a schedule like that, most teams would be 3-0, but they did the NYJ that big favor with a choke job in the final 82 seconds.

They might go to 3-1 next week against Atlanta, but after that, the next seven games before they get Watson back are:

• Chargers
    • Patriots
    • Ravens
    • Bengals
    • Dolphins
    • Bills
    • Buccaneers

That's a brutal 7 game stretch.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They played the Panthers, the Jets, and a Steelers team running out Mitch Trubisky but without DPOY candidate TJ Watt. With a schedule like that, most teams would be 3-0, but they did the NYJ that big favor with a choke job in the final 82 seconds.

They might go to 3-1 next week against Atlanta, but after that, the next seven games before they get Watson back are:

• Chargers
    • Patriots
    • Ravens
    • Bengals
    • Dolphins
    • Bills
    • Buccaneers

That's a brutal 7 game stretch.
    The Browns stand a good chance of beating New England, as for those other games, not so much.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I see 2 games on there that are winnable. I think they can beat the Pats. To be honest The Bengals are a toss up at this point. And I think The Dolphins will be closer then people think. I can see them being .500 or a game over after that 7 games.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Browns stand a good chance of beating New England, as for those other games, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I see 2 games on there that are winnable. I think they can beat the Pats. To be honest The Bengals are a toss up at this point. And I think The Dolphins will be closer then people think. I can see them being .500 or a game over after that 7 games.
    I should also note that after they get DeShaun Watson back, almost two years to the day since he last played a down... yes, they get a "revenge game" against the Texans...

But the final four after that goes
    • Bengals
    • Ravens
    • Saints
    • Commanders
    • Steelers

Of those final six with Watson, the Cincy/Baltimore/New Orleans run could be more challenging. And I wouldn't say the Steelers wouldn't avenge this loss last night.

I think when they get Watson back, they're going to be like 4-7, maybe 5-6. And I think that they will finish at 8-9 or 9-8 and miss the playoffs. That's my gut. There's a lot of teams that could see a lot of injuries to change who they are between now and then, including Cleveland themselves. I definitely would not pencil them into a playoff spot after 2-1 through three weeks against lackluster competition.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Eh ... I don't think so.

I would say only the Chargers is the one they should win since LA likes to choke out losses.

NE and BAL are 60-40 against them ... The rest ... Pretty sure they get curb stomped.

They will probably get 2 wins though. My guess is Chargers and some team they have no business beating like the Bills or BUCS.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I dont think the Browns are going to the playoffs at all. But them being .500 at the end of 10 games would not shock me. And I do see them beating the Bengals. Bengals have a bad habit of playing bad vs The Browns
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Steelers have four touchdowns on 34 drives (11.8%) so far this season. That would have been the worst rate in football a year ago, just below the Giants at 12.2%

I'll go out on a limb and say I think the Browns will have a better winning percentage with Brissett at QB than they will with Watson this season.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

BANNED

As a Pats fan I can totally see the Browns beating us. Short-yardage passes to Hunt, a good defense keeping us from scoring more than 17, keep it close and then win. Think they're better than the Steelers (and not just because they beat them), and we barely scraped by Mitchell-freakin'-Trubisky and a TJ Watt-less D. Not saying they're likely to, just saying it won't surprise me.

That said, would be pretty awful for the Browns to somehow make the playoffs and have any kind of success.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and say I think the Browns will have a better winning percentage with Brissett at QB than they will with Watson this season.

-M
    Some would scream, "HOT TAKE!" on this, but you easily could be right. Watson's not played in almost two years, so what kind of rust is he gonna have when he returns from no live downs to full game speed, with opposing defenses in mid-season form?

I don't expect the Dolphins to beat the Bills. But I would love to see them beat the 6 point spread and keep it close.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't expect the Dolphins to beat the Bills. But I would love to see them beat the 6 point spread and keep it close.
    Bills are down 3-4 starters on defense this week due to injuries, including both starting cornerbacks, so there's a chance.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Bills are down 3-4 starters on defense this week due to injuries, including both starting cornerbacks, so there's a chance.

-M
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

-M
    I didn't hear about the Bills have having both starting corners out. Yeah I definitely think the Dolphins have a chance here then.