Page 36 of 173 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Steve Spagnuolo as the defensive coach is another success story of Andy Reid, it appears, coming back home after his stint away. I know last year the Chiefs faltered a bit on defense at times, but this year they are looking much better, top ten for certain. The score Tampa got on them was mostly garbage time stuff.

Dunno, could be a serious SB run brewing there in KC.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Big "OOF" there. Even though I don't care for him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Two words about that: Sick. Burn!

Meanwhile, the Mitch Trubisky era ended in Pittsburgh after just four weeks:

Steelers' Mike Tomlin names rookie QB Kenny Pickett as starter ahead of Bills matchup
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Brady of course brought this upon himself. He had told his wife and everyone he was gonna retire. Its been said she did a lot to run the house hold while Brady was off playing football. Its just here you can see her anger as Tom had retired and seemed to be saying he was gonna now be helping at home at times. That they were gonna take that next step together post football with Tom working as an analyst a day or 2 week.

Its just he blindsided her and she couldn't forgive it. So yeah....Brady has himself to blame basically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It is kind of sad. He had more rings than anyone will ever had. He got the most lucrative and undeserved broadcasting deal ever. He was going out on top. But he could not do what every athlete must, step away from the game they love. Now, his pursuit of one more ring (which is looking like a long shot right now) has cost him his family. Maybe he really did not want to be married, and chose football, or maybe, with everything he has accomplished, he only feels alive on the field. Either way, it is a little pathetic.
    I am reminded of the proverb "What prophets a man to gain the world, but loses his soul?"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For Brady, football is a drug, and he’s a hopeless addict who just can’t quit and fears his life will be diminished without his narcotic of choice. If the rumors are true and he’s headed for divorce court, Brady might actually feel liberated because he no longer has to honor a promise to retire and will keep on playing until his body finally betrays him and he falls apart physically.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    For Brady, football is a drug, and he’s a hopeless addict who just can’t quit and fears his life will be diminished without his narcotic of choice. If the rumors are true and he’s headed for divorce court, Brady might actually feel liberated because he no longer has to honor a promise to retire and will keep on playing until his body finally betrays him and he falls apart physically.
    Brady need to look to his hero...Joe Montana who he idolizes. Montana himself followed the near same career and personal life track basically. They both won Super Bowls young , met and married super models.

But where as Joe Montana's body began to betray him , he realized there was life outside football. Joe had his wife and kids and could step away when it was time. He realized football was great but now it was time for more in life.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Brady is in a unique position in that he still seems to feel he has to prove something. Either to himself or to all the naysayers who have called him a "system quarterback" over the year, or someone else, I don't know. It is very sad that he seems unhappy in his own skin.

But I'm pulling for the guy that he and his wife mend things.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-05-2022 at 09:17 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Brady is in a unique position in that he still seems to feel he has to prove something. Either to himself or to all the naysayers who have called him a "system quarterback" over the year, or someone else, I don't know. It is very sad that he seems unhappy in his own skin.
    In a way, Brady is like Michael Jordan who had to continually invent enemies, real and imagined who slighted him, thus driving him to prove them wrong. In fact, I read something a few months ago that Jordan, it had been reported, STILL harbors a grudge against the coach who cut him from a high school team. Brady has absolutely nothing left to prove, you know it, I know it, and, more importantly, HE knows it, especially after he left New England and won a Super Bowl for another team. Bottom line: Brady is addicted to playing football and can’t bring himself to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In a way, Brady is like Michael Jordan who had to continually invent enemies, real and imagined who slighted him, thus driving him to prove them wrong. In fact, I read something a few months ago that Jordan, it had been reported, STILL harbors a grudge against the coach who cut him from a high school team. Brady has absolutely nothing left to prove, you know it, I know it, and, more importantly, HE knows it, especially after he left New England and won a Super Bowl for another team. Bottom line: Brady is addicted to playing football and can’t bring himself to give it up.
    Back in mid 2015s Brady himself was still feeling like he had to prove to people 2 things it seems. You could see how hurt he was in a NFL special....

- He was hurt and angry at falling to the 6th rd. That he was so mad all those teams passed om him. It was like 15 years later and you could see him still hurt over that slight. Which is insane to think about.

- Then he felt slighted by the 49ers a team he grew up with passing on him. So he has to prove still they made a mistake passing on him.

I hate Tom Brady as much as any fan of a team he turned into a meme in the Super Bowl but I can't really bring myself to wish bad things on the man's marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I hate Tom Brady as much as any fan of a team he turned into a meme in the Super Bowl but I can't really bring myself to wish bad things on the man's marriage
    You didn't have to. Brady sabotaged his marriage all by himself.

True WPP. This isn't schadenfreude, watching a player you don't like going through personal troubles. This is watching a man decide to pick football over his family.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well the WWE has decided to shake up its announce teams now. With Pat McAfee doing ESPN College Gameday for the fall and one leaving in Jimmy Smith. Here is the teams going forward as the WWE goes to 2 man announce teams.

- Smackdown will be Michael Cole & Wade Barrett . Barrett is moving over from NXT to call Smackdown awhile til McAfee returns after College football.

- RAW will be Kevin Patrick & Corey Graves

- NXT will be Vic Joseph and Booker T.

Thursday Night Football is underway, with about 5 minutes left in the second quarter, Denver has a modest 6-0 lead and the ball, after Matt Ryan through a pick right at a LB.

The winner of this game is earning the "most disappointing team" title after five games.

A few years ago a Russell Wilson vs. Matt Ryan matchup might have been a big deal, right now, this one's a game only a punter's mother would love.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-06-2022 at 06:20 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.