Page 39 of 173 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Here is my hot take on Brady.

He is the GOAT. His stat line and rings prove it. I am not so much of a Brady hater I will deny it. But one thing that does not get talked about enough is the fact he is the GOAT because he had the system and players in place that let him become the Goat. Good O lines, decent to great WR and TE, a coach and owner that was willing to build around him and get him what he needed. brady had a lot of help. Has he taken a team of **** trucks and also rans and made them to a team that could win a ring? Not even his first year with the Bucs because there was some solid players on that team. And he brough Gronk in for the ride. They just needed the right piece. A Great QB. I think Rodgers would have done just as well with the Bucs (Not SB because he sucks in the post season.)

yes brady has amazing talent, can make great throws and is the come from behind champ. But lets be real. If he was drafted by the Lions, Browns, or Jags would he be in the GOAT talk right now? I highly doubt it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

He is the GOAT. His stat line and rings prove it. I am not so much of a Brady hater I will deny it. But one thing that does not get talked about enough is the fact he is the GOAT because he had the system and players in place that let him become the Goat. Good O lines, decent to great WR and TE, a coach and owner that was willing to build around him and get him what he needed. brady had a lot of help. Has he taken a team of **** trucks and also rans and made them to a team that could win a ring? Not even his first year with the Bucs because there was some solid players on that team. And he brough Gronk in for the ride. They just needed the right piece. A Great QB. I think Rodgers would have done just as well with the Bucs (Not SB because he sucks in the post season.)

yes brady has amazing talent, can make great throws and is the come from behind champ. But lets be real. If he was drafted by the Lions, Browns, or Jags would he be in the GOAT talk right now? I highly doubt it.
    - Brady has 2 historic O lines in his career; 2007 & 11. His last 3 SB trips were the 3 worst he has had.
    - Name a decent to good WR or TE TB12 had not named Moss, Gronk, Welker, or Edelman. Tampa is the only time he's had depth at either.

Now historic to great defenses? Best centers in football? HoFer kickers? He has tons of those.

Pretty sure after watching old man Tom win in TB that he and Belichick both have 3-4 SBs if they never had been together.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-07-2022 at 07:44 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ill concede the point on his oline and such. But my over all point was that being the GOAT mean he could go anywhere and do it. Not just two teams where the systems were largely in place.

Had he played for The Browns, Lions, Jets, Jags, Bengals back in the day. He would be a decent to good QB> he would darn show not be The GOAT.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    - Brady has 2 historic O lines in his career; 2007 & 11. His last 3 SB trips were the 3 worst he has had.
    - Name a decent to good WR or TE TB12 had not named Moss, Gronk, Welker, or Edelman. Tampa is the only time he's had depth at either.

Now historic to great defenses? Best centers in football? HoFer kickers? He has tons of those.

Pretty sure after watching old man Tom win in TB that he and Belichick both have 3-4 SBs if they never had been together.
    Of course the question is does Brady ever make a roster or see the field if he's not drafted by Belichick and New England? There weren't any other teams willing to give him a look to see what he could do and he may never have gotten a chance to prove himself or even seen anything but a clipboard if he doesn't get taken by the Pats. Sure his talent and ability have made him GOAT and he could have done some of it w/o Bill, but he may never have gotten a chance to even try w/o Bill. Lots of talented players never get the chance to make a career in pro sports because they don't land in the right situation for their talent to get a chance to play.

Part of the chip on his shoulder was where he got drafted and how many teams weren't even willing to give him a look. If Bledsoe stayed healthy, he may not even had a chance to prove himself in New England.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 10-07-2022 at 07:53 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

A QB alone can't win an SB, babyblob is right. If Brady were on the Lions or Browns he would not have won any. In fact, if he had been drafted on a good team with a solid QB that did not get injured like Bledsoe, he might not have gotten the chance to play. I think Belechick needed Brady, or another top QB to win. Brady needed a great coach and a good team around him. Tampa was Superbowl ready when he went there, they needed a QB that did not throw more INTs than TDs.

As proof, I would say look at Manning, Rodgers and Brees. Two won only one, and all on very good teams, with Peyton a passenger for his second with the Broncos) Brady is not that much better than those others (I would argue Rodgers is a better pure QB and is more responsible for Green Bay's success than Brady at NE). Brady on a bad team does not win a SB by pure power of his talent alone. Dan Marino, arguably the best passer the game has seen, only went to one and lost.

This is not to diminish Brady as the GOAT. It is to say he was not the UberQB who was destined to win 3 or 4 SBs no matter where he was.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, if football didn't work out, TB12 could've been a forgotten catcher for the Expos.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The whole "Brady can do much more with much then anyone else in the NFL." Is being put to the test right now in Tampa and he is not passing with flying colors.

I've always thought Welker, Eddleman and Gronk were transformational players as well. Brady's biggest strength was he didn't fk it up, really ever when it really mattered and longevity and those early teams he did enough. Nuff respeck, Superbowl win against ATL was one of his biggest achievements but even then, Shannyh's kid did his part to loose it to him.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The whole "Brady can do much more with much then anyone else in the NFL." Is being put to the test right now in Tampa and he is not passing with flying colors.
    The thing is, Brady may not need to do very much to win NFC South which is shaping up to be the worst division in the league. New Orleans will struggle to reach .500, Atlanta is going nowhere fast, and Carolina flat out stinks. Tampa is the tallest midget in that circus, and 9-8 might well be all they need to come out on top, even in what looks like a down year for the Bucs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The ATL superbowl is a perfect example of why it wasn't Brady alone. Yes Brady and Belechick engineered a remarkable comeback. Their ability to change course during a game was one of their best attributes. But remember, the Falcons where about to kick a game winning FG from the 30, a 90% probablity shot. The Defense sacked Ryan and sent the game into OT. Without that one play by the D, the Pats would have lost. It was never Brady alone and he could never do it alone. And I should bring up that it was Butler, not Brady who won the game against Seattle. His first SB was also a mostly Defense win against the Rams. It was a pick 6 that was the deciding factor.
    Brady is 7-3 in SBs. But what if they lost those other 3 and he was 4-6. Now I would not say he was responsible for those loses, I am saying he isn't the sole reason they won. Is he still the goat at 4-6?

To say Brady would have won 3-4 SBs no matter which team he ended up on is saying his early coaching meant nothing and he is easily 3X to 4X better than any QB that ever lived. Because no other QB without the team around them, has done that.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-07-2022 at 09:17 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The ATL superbowl is a perfect example of why it wasn't Brady alone. Yes Brady and Belechick engineered a remarkable comeback. Their ability to change course during a game was one of their best attributes. But remember, the Falcons where about to kick a game winning FG from the 30, a 90% probablity shot. The Defense sacked Ryan and sent the game into OT. Without that one play by the D, the Pats would have lost. It was never Brady alone and he could never do it alone. And I should bring up that it was Butler, not Brady who won the game against Seattle. His first SB was also a mostly Defense win against the Rams. It was a pick 6 that was the deciding factor.
    Brady is 7-3 in SBs. But what if they lost those other 3 and he was 4-6. Now I would not say he was responsible for those loses, I am saying he isn't the sole reason they won. Is he still the goat at 4-6?

To say Brady would have won 3-4 SBs no matter which team he ended up on is saying his early coaching meant nothing and he is easily 3X to 4X better than any QB that ever lived. Because no other QB without the team around them, has done that.
    I would argue that the Rams never really had a chance in that game. Wunderkind Sean McVay was thoroughly pantsed by Darth Hoodie while Jared Goff clearly wasn’t ready for the spotlight. Perhaps this is bias on my part because of where I live and who I root for, but I would substitute that game with the first Pats - Eagles Super Bowl where Philly played New England tough, especially with Terrell Owens having a career day, but came up short, partly due to Andy Reid’s horrid clock management in the fourth quarter, slowing down the game late while on offense to the point where even Belichick was confused as to who was leading. Now, if Brady lost there, I’d say no, he wouldn’t be the GOAT, not with six losses on his ledger.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As goofy as Gronk acts, at least he had the good sense to bail after last season. If Brady possessed foresight and knew the Bucs were going to stink in 2022, would he have torpedoed his marriage by coming back?
    Gronk's body was just too beat up at this point. At one point he was gonna do a WWE career remember but decided on returning for 1 more season and while he had some nice moments...the Gronk of old was gone. Brady , love or hate the guy isn't a shell of himself out there or beat up too bad like Gronk was. In this Gronk was like...why come back anymore when I'm not physically the same guy ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Marino had an enormous WAR value compared to Brady. Brady's WAR value is decent, but he's always succeeded when he had a great team, great coach, and great system.

To put it another way, if you wanted the hapless Browns to but can only pick one QB in their prime - Brady or Marino - which do you choose? I know who I would choose.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Marino had an enormous WAR value compared to Brady. Brady's WAR value is decent, but he's always succeeded when he had a great team, great coach, and great system.

To put it another way, if you wanted the hapless Browns to but can only pick one QB in their prime - Brady or Marino - which do you choose? I know who I would choose.
    Yeah I'm choosing Tom Brady. Because I wanna win a championship. Not put up huge offensive numbers like Marino did in 1980s at times and fail come playoff time.

I remember John Madden during Montana's retirement ceremony putting the whole "system" deal to rest. As he said Montana was just a great QB and could have won with any team as he showed in KC.

If it's great coach and system....then why has New England struggled the last 2-3 seasons without Brady ? They had the coach and system as we saw.

Why did Tampa Bay struggle under Winston for a few seasons here ? The players were there at WR and TE.

Brady love or hate him just is the greatest QB. His will won't be denied.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I would argue that the Rams never really had a chance in that game. Wunderkind Sean McVay was thoroughly pantsed by Darth Hoodie while Jared Goff clearly wasn’t ready for the spotlight. Perhaps this is bias on my part because of where I live and who I root for, but I would substitute that game with the first Pats - Eagles Super Bowl where Philly played New England tough, especially with Terrell Owens having a career day, but came up short, partly due to Andy Reid’s horrid clock management in the fourth quarter, slowing down the game late while on offense to the point where even Belichick was confused as to who was leading. Now, if Brady lost there, I’d say no, he wouldn’t be the GOAT, not with six losses on his ledger.
    Yeah, but I was talking about his first SB against the St L Rams. They won 20-17, but the Brady offense only scored 13 of those 20 points. He was 16-27 with 145 yrds. with one TD.