Page 101 of 173 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2583

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, go to YouTube and watch the last play.
    *Patricia on the earpiece*

"Lateral for no reason."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Every game this week stayed within a 14-point margin of victory. This is how the NFL should always be.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    *Patricia on the earpiece*

"Lateral for no reason."
    And then run the other way, they'll never expect that! LOL

You know, Josh McDaniels probably gets a reprieve for no reason now, too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    And then run the other way, they'll never expect that! LOL

You know, Josh McDaniels probably gets a reprieve for no reason now, too.
    McDaniels from a story weeks ago wasn't going to get fired regardless. Due to not a belief by the owner on him. No ...the Raiders can't afford to fire him as they are paying Jon Gruden's insane salary and would have to pay McDaniels insane salary besides another coach lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    McDaniels from a story weeks ago wasn't going to get fired regardless. Due to not a belief by the owner on him. No ...the Raiders can't afford to fire him as they are paying Jon Gruden's insane salary and would have to pay McDaniels insane salary besides another coach lol.
    The Raiders aren't the only ones. In this article on ESPN https://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=35...s-last-5-years it details how NFL teams spent over $800 million over the past 5 seasons paying fired coaches, execs and staff.

The Giants are paying three different head coaches, and their respective coaching staffs, this year alone: Pat Shurmur, who was fired in 2020 just two years into a five-year deal; Joe Judge, who was fired this past January after also lasting only two years into a five-year contract; and first-year coach Brian Daboll.

The NFL is preaching patience to teams as the expenses are mounting, telling them to be smarter and less quick to drop the axe with these changes as that much spending drains league and team resources without adding to the game or its bottom line or appeal.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The Raiders aren't the only ones. In this article on ESPN https://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=35...s-last-5-years it details how NFL teams spent over $800 million over the past 5 seasons paying fired coaches, execs and staff.

The Giants are paying three different head coaches, and their respective coaching staffs, this year alone: Pat Shurmur, who was fired in 2020 just two years into a five-year deal; Joe Judge, who was fired this past January after also lasting only two years into a five-year contract; and first-year coach Brian Daboll.

The NFL is preaching patience to teams as the expenses are mounting, telling them to be smarter and less quick to drop the axe with these changes as that much spending drains league and team resources without adding to the game or its bottom line or appeal.
    Not just because of what's happening in front of our eyes in Arizona, but my thoughts on Kingsbury being more "bulletproof" because Michael Bidwill signed he and Steve Keim to a contract extension through 2027 being the reason Kliff Kingsbury or Keim "wouldn't be fired" in my mind.

Bidwill is friends with Steve Keim. On Wednesday, amidst this disasterpiece of a season for Arizona and with more injuries across the roster than ever, Steve Keim has suddenly left the team with "unnamed health issues". I think this might be Michael Bidwill at least trying to fire Keim in as friendly a way as possible, and the only medical problem he has is "allergic to making good first round draft picks". But it's made Arizona media only think that the writing is on the wall about Keim, and the team will "part ways" with Keim for these "health reasons" so he can save face, and maybe get a job somewhere else in the league down the line. Or find another job title somewhere upstairs for him to fall into where he does less damage.

Without the GM that hired him, though... if there's a increased threat level for a NFL coach, it's that the GM who hired you is gone, and the theoretical new GM will want to bring in HIS hire, rather than get saddled with whomever his predecessor had in the role.

Point being, Arizona might actually fire Kliff, and if they do, they're going to be funding his "awesome draft pad" in town for the next four seasons, whether he runs a single practice after this year or not.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Detroit has been on a roll during mid-season. They started 1-6 and seemingly unloaded Hockenson in a dump move for next season. Well...they have won 6 straight games and now have an outside shot at playoffs !

One of the big reasons is that Jared Goff is playing "within himself". Not trying to be a savior and his work is more....Montana style. Given that Goff idolized Montana (wearing 16) and his arm strength isn't HUGE ....so him doing short passing game works.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 12-19-2022 at 02:12 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Detroit has been on a roll during mid-season. They started 1-6 and seemingly unloaded Hockenson in a dump move for next season. Well...they have won 6 straight games and now have an outside shot at playoffs !
    They're the team that's "this year's Dolphins", after Miami flipped after a 7 game losing streak last year into a 7 game win streak.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They're the team that's "this year's Dolphins", after Miami flipped after a 7 game losing streak last year into a 7 game win streak.
    Here's a crazy thought: Would Detroit's recent run of success put Dan Campbell in the conversation for Coach of the Year?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Disappointing ending to last night's game with the Refs beating the Commanders. They took back a TD with a BS illegal formation, even after the wideout asked the Ref before the snap if he was okay. And then an egregious pass interference was not called. That wasn't a "let them play" type of penalty, the Giant defender was grabbing the Commie the whole time he was in the end zone and he was clearly pulling his arm before the catch attempt.
    We don't know if Wash could have tied it with a 2pt conversion, but they should have gotten the chance. I am not a Wash fan, and I like the Giants, I just hate to see a game end because of Ref malpractice.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Disappointing ending to last night's game with the Refs beating the Commanders. They took back a TD with a BS illegal formation, even after the wideout asked the Ref before the snap if he was okay. And then an egregious pass interference was not called. That wasn't a "let them play" type of penalty, the Giant defender was grabbing the Commie the whole time he was in the end zone and he was clearly pulling his arm before the catch attempt.
    We don't know if Wash could have tied it with a 2pt conversion, but they should have gotten the chance. I am not a Wash fan, and I like the Giants, I just hate to see a game end because of Ref malpractice.
    It was revealed after the game that the Giants' defender stole the guy's wallet and stabbed him in the back while he was there...

That was about as clear a pass interference call as possible. Clearly, the NFL has taken to employing WWE refs.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, go to YouTube and watch the last play.
    Oh yeah, I saw it live. My only question is what to call that one. "Immaculate Reception" is taken and doesn't really fit anyway. "The Catch", the same. "Wacky, weird lateral play that the Pats clearly didn't think about too much before trying it"? A bit long, but it says what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It was revealed after the game that the Giants' defender stole the guy's wallet and stabbed him in the back while he was there...

That was about as clear a pass interference call as possible. Clearly, the NFL has taken to employing WWE refs.
    While Kliff Kingsbury did do enough to sabotage Arizona, they did get hosed on a blatant pass interference call on DeAndre Hopkins on their 2pt conversion attempt with 6 minutes left.

I can't say I was surprised to hear it was Jerome Boger's crew, notoriously the worst one in the entire NFL that I can't believe haven't been given pink slips by the NFL head office years ago. He is to the NFL was Angel Hernandez is to MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

Nah, it's simply a league mandate not to give anything to the team owned by Dan Snyder. If he can rob the owners revenue they can take some wins away from his team. The Commanders won't get a break as long a she owns the team.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Ive watched a lot of football

Ive never seen anything like that
    Poetry. The smush on Jones was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My Bengals dropping 34 unanswered on Tom Brady and the Bucs. It makes me happy.
    Cinci vs. Buffallo in the AFCG. Not mad at it either.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.