Page 155 of 173 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2583

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    That Pollard injury looked nasty. Especially in slo-mo.

-M
    turns out he had a broken fibula that will require surgery, even if they had somehow won he'd be out for the rest of year

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Yeah but having Zeke as center? There was never any question of him getting destroyed, and a pass over the middle was automatically getting blasted by a defender
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That's McCarthy for you.
    Pretty much. Other than one year where Aaron Rodgers had to play like he was a demigod, McCarthy has always found a way to coach his team out of the playoffs. He just cracks in high pressure situations.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

To quote Lt. Saavik from Star Trek III, it is time for total truth between us. If the 49ers weren't playing my Eagles this coming Sunday, I'd be rooting for Frisco to go all the way, and for Brock Purdy to realize the impossible goal of going from Mr. Irrelevant to Super Bowl champion. Meanwhile, I'll wait a few days before making my picks for the conference championship round.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

People on Twitter, where I found this, can be cruel!

Maybe we can all stop saying that Josh Allen is a better QB then Joe Burrow.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I don't think there is a question anymore about that. Burrow was great from the get go. Josh is a great QB, but we must remember he had to be taught to throw when he got to Buffalo. Allen often makes things happen on the field, but that spontaneity also means chaos that can go wrong. On the other hand, Buffalo is where they are because of his play. The Miami game was not Miami playing beyond there talent, it was a snapshot of where the Bills are. As yesterday showed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

turns out he had a broken fibula that will require surgery, even if they had somehow won he'd be out for the rest of year
    The game and the season were done after that injury to Pollard. Next play was an Int.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Allen we have to remember struggled his 1st season or 2 adapting to NFL and game speed. He also had accuracy issues before working with Daboll.

I think Allen is a good QB ...he's a step below the great QBs like Mahomes , Burrow etc in AFC. He is there. He almost beat Mahomes last year if Pat Mahomes didn't have magic in 13 seconds.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well, tbh Josh Allen is still that dude... Every QB in the league is looking up at Mahomes first of all so the question should have always been who was 2nd and by that Allen gave you no reason after the leap he made from 2nd to 3rd year that it was him. Cool though, after the rookie injury, forgetaboutit. Romo kept sayin' he was a 'Peyton Manning type' during the Division game, praise don't come higher than that. IF that's the case well, dude's already jumped Allen and he's already bested Mahomes on a couple occasions. I find no reason whatsoever to the contrary that Cool is right behind Mahomes as best in the league right now.

It ain't just Chase and Higgins either, the #3 and that big TE was coming up nails yesterday. Shit, these Bengals ain't fkn around. The KC defense ain't never been amazing but they gonna have to be now.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

That's McCarthy for you.
    THIIIISSS. For all the hunkerin' down this joker claims to do in the off-season in this football bunker he claims to have instated during that time he got canned. And then the sleepovers at Jerruh's, situationally, and when it's on the line, his play calling lacks and his team reflects it. He won with a healthy and young Aaron Rogers and since then he's Great Value brand. Thumbs down.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    THIIIISSS. For all the hunkerin' down this joker claims to do in the off-season in this football bunker he claims to have instated during that time he got canned. And then the sleepovers at Jerruh's, situationally, and when it's on the line, his play calling lacks and his team reflects it. He won with a healthy and young Aaron Rogers and since then he's Great Value brand. Thumbs down.

I maintain that McCarthy would’ve been fired if the ‘Boys lost to 8-9 Tampa two weeks ago. Now, perhaps he earned himself a stay of execution from Jerrah because Dallas made it past the Wild Card round, but I’m sure Mikey’s seat will be more than a little warm going into next season….and Sean Payton is still out there, so the margin for error will be razor thin.

Even if Zeke wasn't pancaked on that finale play ... What was the plan with the dump? Lateral to Zeke with 2 LBs and 3 CBs right there?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Even if Zeke wasn't pancaked on that finale play ... What was the plan with the dump? Lateral to Zeke with 2 LBs and 3 CBs right there?
    There was no play that would work from that distance. SF put 9 men in the backfield, basically two men covering every receiver. The mistake was throwing short passes before that that only got them to the 35.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I maintain that McCarthy would’ve been fired if the ‘Boys lost to 8-9 Tampa two weeks ago. Now, perhaps he earned himself a stay of execution from Jerrah because Dallas made it past the Wild Card round, but I’m sure Mikey’s seat will be more than a little warm going into next season….and Sean Payton is still out there, so the margin for error will be razor thin.
    Let's see what happens if Quinn and Moore get HC jobs. I think those two are far more responsible for what success the Cowboys have had the past 2 seasons than anything McCarthy has done. If one or both goes, they Cowboys will likely regress severely and McCarthy will be gone. Jones worked some deals with those two last season to counter offers they had and sweeten the pot to stay in Dallas (as he has done with draft guru Will McClay over the years) but if one or the other (or both) go elsewhere, it might be seen as an opportunity by Jerry to clean house and go after Payton.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There was no play that would work from that distance. SF put 9 men in the backfield, basically two men covering every receiver. The mistake was throwing short passes before that that only got them to the 35.
    The mistake was Schultz nonchalanting that catch and not making sure he got his second foot in. THat yardage would have given the Cowboys some reasonable options on that final play. Not a lot, but some.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato