Page 159 of 173 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2583

SuperCWFan, you left off Kaepernick, who lost to Flacco. And Eli is a borderline hall of famer who won the Super Bowl twice, both times against the GOAT. He might not be an all time great, but he was not average.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Is Purdy a product of talent no one knew existed, or the benefactor of a system that played to his strengths while surrounded by top of the line skill players? I lean towards the latter, not every GM in the league is stupid, for Purdy to have been passed over SEVEN times, including Frisco SIX times said they didn't think he had what it took to make it. Now, will Purdy ultimately prove everyone wrong? Perhaps, but let's see what happens once defensive coordinators finally figure him out and the system he operates under. Much as I hate to give credit to Dallas, but the Cowboys gave Purdy the hardest time since he became the Niners' starter. I expect other teams, especially division rivals in NFC West to eventually follow suit. That sort of thing is inevitable, what happens after that is up to Purdy and Kyle Shanahan.
    Kind of interesting note - on Good Morning Football this morning, they pointed out that two of the current Eagles defensive coaches were coaches at Iowa State when Purdy was playing football there. Can't remember the coaches' names but that could definitely be somewhat of an advantage to the Eagles.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert that Carolina hired Frank Reich as their new head coach.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert that Carolina hired Frank Reich as their new head coach.
    I'm not sure what to think about that. But I wasn't expecting it, that's for sure.

Wonder if he will draft a quarterback or go after Carr or Garoppolo?
    Last edited by caj; 01-26-2023 at 12:25 PM.

Jets hired Rodger's buddy as OC/QB coach.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Jets hired Rodger's buddy as OC/QB coach.
    Also known as Nathaniel Hackett.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm not sure what to think about that. But I wasn't expecting it, that's for sure.

Wonder if he will draft a quarterback or go after Carr or Garoppolo?
    The Panthers have the ninth pick, so there might be a quarterback available for them to select.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    SuperCWFan, you left off Kaepernick, who lost to Flacco. And Eli is a borderline hall of famer who won the Super Bowl twice, both times against the GOAT. He might not be an all time great, but he was not average.
    Ok your right about Kaepernick. I had forgotten him there.

Eli was the ultimate up/down QB though. He made 2 throws that had great catches in each Superbowl. I really can't see him being past average because he had those same Giants teams for years and never went farther than those 2 years apart where he got hot in playoffs.

But a lot of great QBs constantly lead their teams to Super Bowl or Championship games every year like Brady , Manning , Mahomes etc. Average ones don't.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I just think there is some space from top 5 all time and average.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL.COM is already predicting a Bengals/Eagles Super Bowl.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl********...022-nfl-season
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Time for my uninformed predictions on the weekend’s games:

Eagles 24, Niners 17
    No Madden-like shootout here, not with these tough defenses, but, the Birds will do just enough on offense to punch their ticket to the Big Game.

Chiefs 34, Bengals 30
    Sure, Patrick Mahomes is hobbled, but I’m not betting against him, plus, KC is out for revenge after last year’s AFC title game loss to Cincinnati.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Well, I’m not going to do exact scores, but I think that the Eagles crush the Niners (double digit win, like 14-17 points minimum) and the Bengals win in the 7-10 point range. Of course, I got all the games right last weekend, so I’m bound to be wrong on both this weekend.

I think it's going to be the Eagles and Bengals in the Super Bowl.

Kitty

Goes

Meow

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to see a Bengals/49ers Super Bowl but I have no idea who will win today.