Page 164 of 173 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2583

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It wasn't just the Bengals players who felt they had won the game before it started. The Mayor of Cincinnati basically shot this video days ago proclaiming how the Bengals were Super Bowl bound and mocked the Chiefs.
    I will file this under my "Ohioans don't deserve football championships" folder. Not as egregious as the Browns' fans rallying around DeShaun Watson this year, but still.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I will file this under my "Ohioans don't deserve football championships" folder. Not as egregious as the Browns' fans rallying around DeShaun Watson this year, but still.
    I think it wasn't like that for sure. I do think the stupidity of trashing a team and acting like they aren't a challenge is really one for the books.
    This is almost like Super Bowl 23 where Boomer detailed players were on sideline discussing where they discussed post Super Bowl winning vacations as they had a lead against the 49ers.

I did like Andy Reid saying he was happy none of the players did any headline stuff. Because they could have fired back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think it wasn't like that for sure. I do think the stupidity of trashing a team and acting like they aren't a challenge is really one for the books.
    This is almost like Super Bowl 23 where Boomer detailed players were on sideline discussing where they discussed post Super Bowl winning vacations as they had a lead against the 49ers.

I did like Andy Reid saying he was happy none of the players did any headline stuff. Because they could have fired back.
    Watch the mic'd up Super Bowl for ATL/NE.

The Falcons players were planning how to do their Disney commercials, what vacations they were going to take with SB bonuses, etc.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Watch the mic'd up Super Bowl for ATL/NE.

The Falcons players were planning how to do their Disney commercials, what vacations they were going to take with SB bonuses, etc.
    This is a far cry from a QB like Montana who after an early 7-0 lead on Denver told Seifert...we play like we're down 7. To not let up at all.

He would have went off on those guys doing that in Atlanta.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I had The Bengals picked to win the Super Bowl this year. But I did not guarantee it.

That is one reason I am not super upset at the Bengals loss. The City, Fans, and even some of the players spent all week acting like The Chiefs were not worth worrying about and they put themselves in The Super Bowl with little thought to The Chiefs.

It was upsetting to see from the fans but it was expected. it was down right Maddening to see it from the players.

The Bengals talked a big game, ran their mouths and in the end they did not live up to their own hype.

Maybe this will be a humbling lesson for them.

That said I would have been very happy with a Bengals win.

And for the Super Bowl I am torn between Maholmes who is damn near perfect and jumping on the Eagles Band Wagon. Im sure WPP would not mind another person rooting for his team.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-30-2023 at 05:00 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Brock Purdy had a complete tear of his UCL, he’ll need surgery and at least six months of recovery before he can start throwing again, I can’t recall a team more snakebit at QB in recent history than the 49ers where this year

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I had The Bengals picked to win the Super Bowl this year. But I did not guarantee it.

That is one reason I am not super upset at the Bengals loss. The City, Fans, and even some of the players spent all week acting like The Chiefs were not worth worrying about and they put themselves in The Super Bowl with little thought to The Chiefs.

It was upsetting to see from the fans but it was expected. it was down right Maddening to see it from the players.

The Bengals talked a big game, ran their mouths and in the end they did not live up to their own hype.

And for the Super Bowl I am torn between Maholmes who is damn near perfect and jumping on the Eagles Band Wagon. Im sure WPP would not mind another person rooting for his team.
    Not at all! Welcome aboard!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

It's a lesson I tell Chiefs fans now. Who at times will brag up how the Chiefs can beat X team etc.

I remember the bad years and playoff losses. The years of watching KC lose in some crazy way come playoff time. So I try and tell fellow friends and fans of KC...no do not get over confident.

The Bengals fans and players I am sure will learn from this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Brock Purdy had a complete tear of his UCL, he’ll need surgery and at least six months of recovery before he can start throwing again, I can’t recall a team more snakebit at QB in recent history than the 49ers where this year
    I was so loving the Purdy story. A guy chosen last who gets so far. Hate to see this.

Purdy performed well but every team he played against was crap save the Eagles. Ok the Cowboys weren't crap, but the 49ers barely won that game mainly due to typical Cowboys follies in the playoffs and an overrated Cowboys team in general, hampered by bad coaching.

Gotta love the Purdy story, and I hope that the story turns out to actually be real, but people were talking like he was the second coming of Brady just because of the wins and because he was drafted so late. Come on. Hope the guy gets well and has a great future in the NFL, regardless.

For the Chiefs - third Super Bowl in four years - not too shabby. And people have been better against the Birds all season long, literally since the first week, predicting losses over and over. Meanwhile the Chiefs are the Chiefs, still. With Mahomes there, everyone expects them to perform.

Line right now has the Eagles as slight favorites. But to me that oddly feels like yet another Eagles diss.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-30-2023 at 11:56 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I was sitting here thinking of fate and destiny. How teams can at times by weird fate , make another team a success. Even when it looks like that then wasn't the intention.

As wild as this sounds Kansas City owes the Denver Broncos a debt of gratitude. Because Denver made one decision in 2016 that would gain Kansas City to future Hall of Famers.

- The Chiefs before the draft had made it known they wanted to draft a QB to develop behind Alex Smith for the future. Reid and John Dorsey (then GM) was very high on Paxton Lynch. It was his athletic ability and size that wowed then in a workout.

Kansas City selected 28th in 2016. As the draft fell the Chiefs brass felt Lynch would fall to them there. Lynch was considered a raw prospect and not many teams were going to risk a 1st rd pick on Lynch.

John Elway had heard Kansas City was going to select Lynch. His move was to get Denver a future franchise QB and hurt the Chiefs. So he traded up 2 selections before KC and selected him.

This had to irk Reid then. Dorsey having no one he saw worth a 1st rd pick...traded out of the round. It's here Dorsey as GM struck gold.

Dorsey selected Chris Jones (DT).

All Jones has done has donebis become one of the most dominant defensive tackles in the game. With 65 sacks , 4 Pro Bowls and more

The next year the Chiefs still needed a future franchise QB to groom. Had they gotten Lynch they would have not drafted Pat Mahomes as we saw.

One move created a ripple effect and blessed Kansas City with 2 future Hall of Fame players.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I was so loving the Purdy story. A guy chosen last who gets so far. Hate to see this.
    Same here. If the Niners weren't playing my Eagles, I would've rooted for Purdy to make the Big Game™. The notion of "Mr. Irrelevant" ending up on the NFL's biggest stage would've made for one hell of a story.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

This is my reaction to the 2023 NFL Championship games.

I see it really wasn't the 49er's day to prosper because mostly everything went right for the Eagles in a game that was no struggle for the high-flying Eagles. So now I'm very interested in where Jimmy the Slim Italian Garoppolo will be in 2023 since the 49ers might be moving forward with Brocky or Brock Purdy.
    The fight with multiple players was far more entertaining than the undramatic second half, and it was an excellent performance by Hurts and his High Flying Eagles that were a Steam Boat that dominated the Canoe which was the 49ers in Philadelphia.

I'm very unsurprised that the Bengals Chiefs game was the high-scoring thriller that I predicted even though lower than the exact 30-27 score I predicted and finally the Joe Cool magic ran out vs the Chiefs because the Chiefs outplayed the Bengals slightly in a thrilling competitive game.
    Magical Mahomes executed more critical plays than Joe Cool, the Chief's defense executed the needed great plays including an interception because 1 Chiefs player was Johnny in the right area.
    An excellent victory for the great Chiefs because finally, they defeated Joe Cool and the Bengals after 3 frustrating defeats where they failed to close in winnable close games because the Bengals outplayed them in the past 3 games before the 2023 AFC Championship game in Cold Kansas City.
    I'm stunned that while I didn't get the score right, still was right about the winner and margin of victory. The Bengals were under the 23 points I predicted them to score, and the Chiefs were 7 points under what I predicted them to score.

I do feel now greatly optimistic my Titans will finally defeat Joe Cool and the Bengals in the near future after watching the Chiefs defeat Joe Cool and the Bengals in the 2023 AFC Championship game. If the Titans play the Bengals in the 2023 Regular season which I would assume will be in the Jungle then I'm predicting the Titans defeat the Bengals in a thrilling close game where the TItans outplay the Bengals which would be them executing critical plays needed to win a close competitive game.

My heart wanted Bengals/Niners. My gut said Eagles/Chiefs. Gut wins again!

Didn't mind who won between Eagles/Niners. Really like the Purdy story and WPP & my son being Eagles fans makes me soft towards them.

Eagles all the way now!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Honestly ...I'd love if Kansas City won like any fan. But I won't be upset if they lose. KC making it to Super Bowl is good enough for me. KC has achieved way more the last 5-6 seasons than I'd ever imagine as a fan. I have been blessed to see it. Making it 3 times to the BIG GAME is always good.