Page 167 of 173 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2583

and the followup

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He's this generation's Marty Schottenheimer, if Marty was the one making stupid ass postseason coaching decisions to get his team eliminated rather than just dumb luck with kickers or bad calls or whatever.
    I will admit Mike M makes a lot of bad calls. More then I am happy with. But you ask many many coaches if they want the record he has and they will jump at that chance. How many teams right now would take a 24-10 record in 2 years? I can name several.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I will admit Mike M makes a lot of bad calls. More then I am happy with. But you ask many many coaches if they want the record he has and they will jump at that chance. How many teams right now would take a 24-10 record in 2 years? I can name several.
    I mean, maybe I'm not the best one to ask, but uh... that's an upgrade over what Arizona has had the past four years for sure.

As much as that's true, there are teams that ran Marty out of town when he still should be considered a HoF coach.

I'll say the year the Packers lost via botched onside kick recovery isn't McCarthy's fault. I'll give him credit for that post-season letdown. But a lot of the rest... some terrible clock management or playcall decisions.

He'll still get a team into the playoffs if he has requisite talent to do so. And not every coach can do that.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 02-01-2023 at 04:07 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Odds makers have made the Chiefs underdogs again. Philadelphia is 1.5 point favorites to win Super Bowl.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fox...en-as-favorite
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Longtime NFL executive Bobby Beathard has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Seems the latest out of Dallas is that McCarthy will now be calling plays and that the Boys will be using a variation of what McCarthy was doing in Green Bay all those years.

Can't figure out if this is an addition to his duties or if they are taking some admin stuff off of his plate. Is this a demotion of sorts? I guess I already thought that the head coach already had the final say in the plays to be used on any given day and the overall game prep.

What will change? Is this the final chance for Big Mac in Big D?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Since the Pro Bowl happens during the season I will post this here.

I am watching the skills challenge and passing competition is fun to watch so far. Huntley put on a show
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

You could Tell Carr had something to prove. He was on fire is the comp! He even made a joke about leaving Vegas.

The Interviewer asked him if he had ever been that on fire in Vegas.

Carr Answered - Nope that why Im leaving.

Sidney Thornton, who was a running back on the 1979 and 1980 Super Bowl-winning Pittsburgh Steelers, has passed away.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Heard a funny thing on sports radio.
    No way Rodgers will retire right now, because that puts him in Canton the same year as Brady. And no way he shares that stage with Brady.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

NFL Script on twitter is giving, over and over and over again right now. In Matt Ice's case, not the career ending punctuation he deserves but the one that is needed.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You could Tell Carr had something to prove. He was on fire is the comp! He even made a joke about leaving Vegas.

The Interviewer asked him if he had ever been that on fire in Vegas.

Carr Answered - Nope that why Im leaving.
    That doesn't sound like someone I'd want to hire - more on fire for the next job than the current one.

Maybe I'd consider a one year "prove it" deal but I'd have to wonder about year 2.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No way Rodgers will retire right now, because that puts him in Canton the same year as Brady. And no way he shares that stage with Brady.
    Oh, I can believe that, two hundred percent!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Because he knows he can't hold Brady's jock...