Page 2 of 173 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If Hurts can't succeed with the talent he's got at skill positions and on the O-Line this season, Philly will likely be looking to draft another QB or try to pillage one from another team's roster next year. But it's pretty safe to say that the front office set him up to be able to get wins. ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE REST OF THE DIVISION.
    All of that is a given. If Hurts can't get the job done with all the talent he's been given, he won't be long for Philly. Eagles fans have been ambivalent about Hurts from day one when he was drafted, mostly unconvinced he can succeed, fans complained he doesn't have the arm, others griped that he scrambles too much, some even said he can't surpass Carson Wentz who's now on his THIRD and perhaps last team. I've kept an open mind about Hurts, believing he can succeed, he'll just have to prove it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    All of that is a given. If Hurts can't get the job done with all the talent he's been given, he won't be long for Philly. Eagles fans have been ambivalent about Hurts from day one when he was drafted, mostly unconvinced he can succeed, fans complained he doesn't have the arm, others griped that he scrambles too much, some even said he can't surpass Carson Wentz who's now on his THIRD and perhaps last team. I've kept an open mind about Hurts, believing he can succeed, he'll just have to prove it.
    Carson Wentz will forever be a warning that should be given to young successful QBs to not believe their press clippings, and to keep working at getting better rather than thinking they have some ingrained golden touch. I think that's his legacy unless he figures that out.

Hurts hasn't gotten that entitlement yet, pretty sure the kid's gonna work his ass off, and with most Iggles fans I know, he'd better. Every Philly fan I know does NOT tolerate that mentality from a player. Everything I read about the local sportstalk seen in Philly magnifies it even more.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Carson Wentz will forever be a warning that should be given to young successful QBs to not believe their press clippings, and to keep working at getting better rather than thinking they have some ingrained golden touch. I think that's his legacy unless he figures that out.

Hurts hasn't gotten that entitlement yet, pretty sure the kid's gonna work his ass off, and with most Iggles fans I know, he'd better. Every Philly fan I know does NOT tolerate that mentality from a player. Everything I read about the local sportstalk seen in Philly magnifies it even more.
    No doubt Hurts WILL put in both the time and effort, he knows he hasn't accomplished anything and is out to be the best he can be. That's what not just Eagles fans want, but fans of ALL Philly demand, that athletes bust their asses day after day to win. If Hurts excels, then the Eagles can, pardon the pun, fly high.

Speaking of the Eagles...Fresh from rapsheet

Shocker: The #Saints are trading DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to the #Eagles, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. After extension talks broke down, the focus shifted from keeping Gardner-Johnson to trading him. Philly lands a starter.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Miles Sanders needs to stay healthy and gain 1000 yards, or he is probably gone too.

All-New Member

The season is getting closer and closer, I can't wait for it to finally start, I would like the NFL to last the whole year but unfortunately it is not so

Teams cut down to 53 today, so you will see some vets become available and some weird attempts at roster manipulation.

Cowboys are one such team trying to manipulate things-the only QB on their 53 man roster at the cut down will be Dak. No back up. One of the two cuts-Cooper Rush or Will Grier-will likely be back by the time Sunday rolls around, but they are trying to protect an extra player at another position by doing this. Rush is a vested veteran so doesn't have to go through waivers, Grier does. I have to wonder though, just how this will blow up in Jerry's face, as every time he tries one of these sketchy moves, it does.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Speaking of the Eagles...Fresh from rapsheet
    I was out when this trade went down. In a word….WOW! That certainly solidified an area of need on the defense.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Kansas City cut Josh Gordon today. Gordon had showed up last season in 12 games. Even with a lot of backup WR positions questioned the Chiefs decided to cut Gordon and Corey Coleman.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro48 View Post
    The season is getting closer and closer, I can't wait for it to finally start, I would like the NFL to last the whole year but unfortunately it is not so
    Yeah not the whole year, but I'm sure an 18 game schedule is coming.

I was out when this trade went down. In a word….WOW! That certainly solidified an area of need on the defense.
    Eagles are going to be really good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Yeah not the whole year, but I'm sure an 18 game schedule is coming.
    Agreed. It isn’t a matter of it that’s coming, but when.

WPP, your Eagles just dealt former 1st rounder Jalen Raegor to the Vikes for a 2023 7th round pick and a conditional 2024 4th/5th pick. Do they have that much WR depth?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    WPP, your Eagles just dealt former 1st rounder Jalen Raegor to the Vikes for a 2023 7th round pick and a conditional 2024 4th/5th pick. Do they have that much WR depth?

-M
    Do the Vikings NOT have enough depth at WR? They have Thielen & Jefferson. Why...?

Arizona was widely regarded as having the weakest CB room in perhaps the whole league, with Byron Murphy & Marco Wilson being the only healthy ones, and Antonio Hamilton being on IR for a bit (he was supposed to be their #2 corner).

They traded a conditional 7th rounder to the Raiders for Trayvon Mullen yesterday. Mullen was a college teammate of star linebacker/safety hybrid and former 1st round pick Isaiah Simmons.

This makes me feel a LITTLE better, but expect the Cardinals' scoreboard to have 40something vs. 40 something on it a lot this year. They are loaded on offense, but their defense has glaring holes. Like, they went YOUNG, but not necessarily "young and talented". I don't know if they'll be able to stop the run if they have to, and outside of safety, and JJ Watt at DE... there's not much else on that side of the ball.