Page 30 of 173 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Short week and they put him out there after a concussion. CTE is real, and you do not want it no matter how much money you make. Nothing is worth it. I hope there is an investigation and that Tua is never asked to do that again.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

Drake already lost his 200 k parlay . dolphins, ravens, cowboys.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Short week and they put him out there after a concussion. CTE is real, and you do not want it no matter how much money you make. Nothing is worth it. I hope there is an investigation and that Tua is never asked to do that again.
    I think I read somewhere that Tua claimed it had been an injury to his back that caused him to be woozy last week, not a concussion. Back or head, he shouldn’t have been allowed to play on a short turnaround, problem is, guys either downplay or outright lie about the severity of any injuries they suffer to get back on the field as quickly as they can. In no other sport is that “warrior mentality” so foolishly prevalent than in football, and is why players constantly need to be protected from themselves.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Really sucks to see, hope Tua is able to recover. I root for the rival Patriots, but it's good to see teams who haven't been relevant in a while get a shot and they looked like they were on their way to a bit of a run here. Less important than Tua's health, of course, but as a fan of the sport would like to see them (and the Jets, and other recently less than stellar teams except the Browns) do well enough to get their fans excited.

Extraordinary Member

That was one of the scariest hits I've seen. Totally fine and legal, but it shows just how hard those guys hit. I'm surprised they didn't keep him overnight for observation; that's what they did to me, and I didn't get hit like that. Though it might have been all the blood, and the 15 minutes I was unconscious; he never lost that is what heard. Still, never mess with head injuries, and that...stinks.

And I still hate myself for being too scrambled that when I woke up in the ER getting my head stapled back together without any local, I just told the doctor to do it without actually saying the line I'd been waiting year to "Pain don't hurt", (Patrick Swayze in Road House).

Pats are having a bad injury bug.

WR1 & 2 are now out, too.

QB1, OT1, DT1 are out, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah, I called the concussion on Tua during the Bills game, and was flabbergasted he was put in. Then this happens....

I really hope Tua comes out okay, because that kind of thing is scary as hell. Not to mention it gets "easier" (so to speak) to get more concussions the closer they are together. Not to mention losing consciousness altogether.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Pats are having a bad injury bug.

WR1 & 2 are now out, too.

QB1, OT1, DT1 are out, too.
    In fairness, we don't really have a WR #1 or 2. More like 4-5 #3s with different skills and flaws. And given Parker's one of the healthy ones we may be down to just Bourne (if he's out of the doghouse) and Agholor at any moment. I just looked at their website and they had Yodne Cajuste being placed on IR (that does suck), but he's a back-up Tackle and while Lawrence Guy is a one of our better D-lineman I don't know that we have a #1 (if we went on talent/ability it'd probably be Barmore though).

None of that worries me as much as Hoyer in at QB though. I'm expecting an ugly beating, it's just a question of how badly we're beaten. Also hoping Mac takes the time to heal right, especially if he's trying to avoid surgery. Honestly, at this point wish they'd throw the rookie to the meat grinder to see if he can work under pressure. He looked not ready in the preseason, but we know what we have in Hoyer and that's "not enough". Worst case we know he's not worth developing and cut bait. Best case, maybe trade him like a Ryan Mallett for a pick in a year or two if he shows flashes.

Vikings vs. Saints from London, kickoff at 9:30 a.m. this morning from London. So, who's watching?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Vikings vs. Saints from London, kickoff at 9:30 a.m. this morning from London. So, who's watching?
    Thank you for reminding me, I'm absolutely going to put it on soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I will be turning it on. Saints are my number 2 team. I dont have high hopes but we will see.

Also the doctor that cleared Tua after that first hit a couple weeks ago has been fired by the NFLPA.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Thank you for reminding me, I'm absolutely going to put it on soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I will be turning it on. Saints are my number 2 team. I dont have high hopes but we will see.

Also the doctor that cleared Tua after that first hit a couple weeks ago has been fired by the NFLPA.
    FYI: Captain Buttfumble, a.k.a., Mark Sanchez is in the booth doing color.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I don't see the Jaguars defeating a great Eagles mainly because they fail to contain Brown and the other Eagles offense weapons, along with the thundering crowd in Philadelphia creating issues, and Hurts being protected for a high amount of the game.
    The Jaguars steamrolled an injured Chargers team with no realistic chance of winning which is not a high bar accomplishment.
    This week they'll see the hard reality that they can't defeat a full-strength playing great Eagles team.

I'm optimistic the Titans can defeat the Colts on the road mainly because Henry has a good game, and becuase Tannehill makes fewer mistakes than Ryan.

The Giants should be able to defeat the Bears becuase they have more talented players than the Bears. A realistic chance for the Giants to rebound after the embarrassing loss at home to the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That was one of the scariest hits I've seen. Totally fine and legal, but it shows just how hard those guys hit. I'm surprised they didn't keep him overnight for observation; that's what they did to me, and I didn't get hit like that. Though it might have been all the blood, and the 15 minutes I was unconscious; he never lost that is what heard. Still, never mess with head injuries, and that...stinks.

And I still hate myself for being too scrambled that when I woke up in the ER getting my head stapled back together without any local, I just told the doctor to do it without actually saying the line I'd been waiting year to "Pain don't hurt", (Patrick Swayze in Road House).
    Personally, I'm still freaked out by the game where Luke Kuechly took a shot to the head and it was a traumatic enough brain injury that he was literally unable to have the part of his brain the controls emotions function, and was uncontrollably sobbing.

The "fencing response" on Tu'a and other guys is horrifying, but Kuechly was some next-level horror of this game.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    I don't see the Jaguars defeating a great Eagles mainly because they fail to contain Brown and the other Eagles offense weapons, along with the thundering crowd in Philadelphia creating issues, and Hurts being protected for a high amount of the game.
    The Jaguars steamrolled an injured Chargers team with no realistic chance of winning which is not a high bar accomplishment.
    This week they'll see the hard reality that they can't defeat a full-strength playing great Eagles team.
    The weather will play a big role today as it’s been raining here in Philly since this morning thanks to remnants of Hurricane Ian and will continue throughout the game, potentially limiting what both the Birds and Jags do on offense. I can see this turning into a low scoring affair with the best running attack deciding the outcome.