Page 6 of 173 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The first week of the season is often rife with unpredictable outcomes, so, it wouldn’t surprise me if Baker earns his pound of flesh and beats Cleveland. I mean, c’mon, bb, do you REALLY have faith that Jacoby Brissett can hold down the fort until Deshaun Watson comes off suspension?
    Its not that I have faith in Brissett. I just dont have faith at all in The Panthers. And baker at the Helm does not fill me with warm feelings.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Its not that I have faith in Brissett. I just dont have faith at all in The Panthers. And baker at the Helm does not fill me with warm feelings.
    Apparently, Panthers head coach Matt Rhule had warm feelings about Baker, or he wouldn’t have had Carolina swing that trade for him. However, this now puts Rhule in the crosshairs, if Baker bombs and the Panthers flatline, Rhule is good as gone.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I predict the Bills defeat the Rams in a thrilling close game 31-24 with the reason because Allen makes less mistakes than Sfafford.

Apparently, Panthers head coach Matt Rhule had warm feelings about Baker, or he wouldn’t have had Carolina swing that trade for him. However, this now puts Rhule in the crosshairs, if Baker bombs and the Panthers flatline, Rhule is good as gone.
    Baker's never been good without a good running game. Baker being good and Rhule keeping his job is seemingly dependent on how healthy Christian McCaffrey stays this season.

Which is a sucker's bet. McCaffrey gets injured by mid-season, Panthers falter, Rhule's gone after 4 years. That would be my Carolina prediction.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Moving on to the Super Bowl teams...

NEXT!

2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE CINCINNATTI BENGALS!

How did it end?

From the long-suffering Bengals fans:
    • Drew Magary: "Your 2021 record: 10-7. AFC Champions. There’s a fine line between grit and luck, with the latter often deliberately depicted as the former. But even the Bengals themselves, while having the general look of a professional football team a year ago, know which side of that line they resided on.

Before they won the AFC North (somewhat by default), and before they went on a playoff run in which none of their games were decided by more than a touchdown, these were still very much the Bengals, I assure you. To wit: they needed an overtime fumble to beat the Vikings, and that fumble (***HOMER ALERT***) was a bullshit call. They lost 20-17 to the Bears, and somehow that score was much, much closer than the game ever was. They were the primary catalyst for Mike White-sanity (he threw for 400 yards against them in a Jets victory), which captivated 35 percent of New Yorkers for a solid week and a half. They got swept by the Browns. Convincingly.

They went down 24-0 to the Chargers, came back to within two, and then got blown out of the water for the entire fourth quarter. They had pass protection so awful that even the Dolphins’ O-line was like, Thank God we’re not those guys! They let Mason Crosby work himself out of an in-game slump to beat them at the gun; God, I hate Mason Crosby. They scored first in overtime against the Niners, but then lost anyway. If this were an NFL Films yearbook, all of these fuckups would be presented as divine obstacles that the Bengals overcame through sheer determination and perseverance. In reality, it was all extremely normal Bengals ****.

And the prospect of the Bengals reverting to form loomed over a season in which they needed History’s Most Inadvertent Whistle to dispatch a grubby Raiders team, Mike Vrabel to run a two-minute drill seemingly designed to end in a gift interception, and Andy Reid to revisit his vintage choking form in the second half of the AFC title game. That all of that happened was fluky on the level of you being born. I give the Bengals no credit for it. Could have happened for any other team. Eli Manning knows of what I speak.

But hey, they made the Super Bowl and became America’s Darlings in the process. Then the game started and their quarterback was sacked another 50 times (one more Football Outsiders note for the road: the 2021 Bengals, “gave up 13 sacks we charted as ‘rusher untouched’ (no other unit gave up double figures).” They got two turnovers off of LA but committed four of their own. They ran Samaje Perine in vital situations when you shouldn’t hand the ball to Samaje Perine in any situation of any kind. Their offensive line may as well have not existed in that game, nor in any other, as Burrow was sacked an appalling seven times.
      "
    • Sam: "Every Bengals season feels Sisyphean, but this one was like if Sisyphus made it all the way to the top of the hill after decades of only making it maybe a quarter of the way up, only to have to watch the boulder roll all the way down the other side of the hill."
    • Alex: "This team consistently breaks me and I needed a way to vent besides taking a sledgehammer to my windshield.

Anytime someone says the Bengals lost to the Jets, they need to include the part where their backup QB threw for 405 yards against us and had a 107.9 passer rating, thensealed the victory by catching a two point conversion. Part of my soul, and three of my TV screens, died that day.

Jalen Ramsey FELL DOWN while covering Ja’Marr Chase on the final Bengals’ offensive play in the Super Bowl. That was it. That was the Lombardi right f***ing there. But since the Bengals refuse to fix their offensive line like the city of Cincinnati refuses to fix potholes, we had to watch the Rams’ defensive line do what everyone knew they would. Did the Bengals even play in the Super Bowl? F*** me with a streetcar that nobody rides.
      "
    • Zach: "I feel stupid for allowing myself to have hope in this cursed franchise. They won just enough close games to sucker me into thinking they’d give me the satisfaction of finally supporting a winning team. Then they pulled the rug out from under me and let me with a numb feeling that’ll probably last for the rest of this decade. Fucking hell. Imagine losing a Super Bowl to goofy Matt Stafford.

The worst part is that the little taste of success that this franchise got in 2021 will fuel the egos of the dumbasses in Cincy’s front office and ensure that they’ll never change. Why would we buy an indoor practice facility? We go to a Super Bowl without one! Why would we get a GM? I’m Mike Brown and I’m the genius who got us to a Super Bowl after so many years of trying!

Don’t even get me started on Zac Taylor. We’ll be stuck with that guy for the next 45 years no matter what.
      "
    • Andy:: "F*** Mike Brown with a Skyline cheese coney inside of a Graeter’s waffle cone."

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Moving on to the Super Bowl teams...

NEXT!

2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE CINCINNATTI BENGALS!

How did it end?

From the long-suffering Bengals fans:
    As a Bengals booster from way back (with a healthy love of the Saints thrown in) I am very much worried for this season.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

To be honest I dont know if I want to see Baker fail because I really do hate him, or because I want Skip Bayless to have egg all over his face for claiming Baker is making The Panthers a Wild Card team.

Finally, the Champs...

2022 WHY YOUR TEAM SUCKS: THE LOS ANGELES RAMS!

The success isn't going to Aaron Donald's head, is it?

From what Rams fans they could find (even after a Super Bowl win):
    • Drew Magary: "Keep in mind that this team was from LA before they moved back here. It’s not like they fled St. Louis to become the Salt Lake Grizzlies. The Rams have a history in LA that dates back to 1946. And yet, this 2021 team served as the answer to the question, “What if you won a Super Bowl and no one showed up?” They played both the NFC title game and the Super Bowl in their own stadium, and in both instances the visiting fans were louder than the home supporters. Perhaps it’s because Angelenos know that these Rams only play unwatchable Super Bowls, or perhaps they just wanted to go hang at the mall instead. Or perhaps, and this is likeliest of all, they knew that this team, despite winning it all, wasn’t very good.

Because really, what will you remember about last year’s Rams? Are they gonna stick with you like the ’85 Bears, or the 90s Cowboys, or the Brady Patriots, or the 2020 Chiefs have? **** no, they’re not. Everything the Rams accomplished last season they accomplished because other teams did them a favor. Their character had nothing to do with it. The Cardinals did them a favor in the Wild Card round by not showing up. The Bucs staged a 27-3 comeback against them in the following round and then forgot to play deep coverage in the waning seconds. The Niners dropped a layup of a pick against them in the NFC title game. And the Bengals forgot to dress any offensive linemen for the Super Bowl. That’s how a forgettable, mistake-prone bunch fell ass-backwards into a title run that they’ll never be able to replicate.

And even if they could replicate it, who’s gonna notice? Their agents? Their parents? The Rams had more fans in Detroit a season ago than they did in LA. I can’t believe this s***ty, s***ty team won a ring.

When you mortgage your future to win a Super Bowl, you do eventually have to pay that mortgage. That invoicing process begins now, as the Rams watched rental edge rusher Von Miller, punter Johnny Hekker, wideouts Odell Beckham and Robert Woods, running back Sony Michel, defensive tackle Sebastian Jones-Day, emergency safety Eric Weddle, and three of their cornerbacks all leave via trades or free agency. Beloved left tackle Andrew Whitworth also retired to the TV studio, and I have a feeling that he’ll end up being just as horrible on camera as Mark Schlereth currently is. Durrr back when I was playing we played TOUGH! Awful. Whitworth will be replaced by Joe Noteboom, whose name sounds like someone in witness protection.

With hardly any draft capital to stanch the bleeding, the Rams had to scrounge around the free agent bin for past stars like Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner. That F*** THEM PICKS T-shirt that GM Les Snead rocked after their title run will prove less and less charming as the roster around him continues to erode over the next five years. Stafford, Aaron Donald, and Cooper Kupp all got fat contract extensions this offseason, which means the Rams have already transitioned from, We’re going all in! to, Let’s keep all the famous guys around so that fans will still think we’re good. Losses will steadily mount until they’re all that’s left.
      "
    • Matthew: "The memory is forever seared in my mind of a guy at a preseason game getting so wasted that he puked on himself and passed out. Later on I looked back towards his section and he was making out with someone. You can’t unsee that.

F*** Jeff Fisher with a michelada.
      "
    • Jon: "We had HOME FIELD for the Super Bowl and yet both on the field and in the stands, we were the road team. Bengals fans flooded the stadium, howling like they owned the place with their dumbass “wHo dEy” chants. This is a city with less than 10% of LA’s population that is known only for killing Harambe and literally nothing else. This is what filled our stadium more than our own fans.

I learned that day that the Bengals have a fight song, which their fans knew all the words to. Meanwhile Rams fans were still learning the words to, “Whose house?! Rams house!” I remember a guy in my section desperately trying to get fans going and it was a teacher trying to get kids excited about mitochondria. Pregame Rams fans looked like they were showing up for a mandatory companywide meeting.

I was so happy after we won, and I expected the reaction from other Rams fans to be equally ecstatic because WE WON THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL. But the reaction was closer to finding out you were paid an extra $5 in change at a food truck. I’ve seen more excitement at a minor league baseball game. I felt conflicted knowing full well the city of Cincinnati deserved a championship far more than this spoiled s***hole of a city.

F*** Stan Kroenke.
      "
    • Jonathon: "Seconds after we won, I ran outside to the corner of a busy intersection, waving a full size Rams flag on a flagpole for 15 minutes. In that time span, only a single car honked in recognition."
    • Josh:: "Winning a Super Bowl is one of the worst things that can happen to an NFL franchise.

Success never makes an organization better. It only reinforces the idea that their way of doing things never needs to change. The Rams won a title by swinging big on blue chip players and loading the rest of the roster with middling draft picks. You can do that when Aaron Donald’s on your D-line, but he’s going to retire soon. This won’t stop the Rams from continuing this strategy long after it’s effective, culminating in some other massive trade and contract extension for a player who is almost guaranteed to be a bust.

Other teams are at the backend of this fate and I see our terrible future in the eyes of their beleaguered fans. I’ve watched the Packers waste Rodgers’ prime. The Seahawks have doubled down on Pete Carroll’s run-run-pass cult. The Giants’ tradition of having a bumbling idiot at QB and an open contempt for every player on their roster has kept them in the sewer for a decade.

This is what we have to look forward to. There is nothing else to hope for anymore. The magic already happened. Now we have only the pathetic decline that comes with trying to capture that lightning in a bottle again. It won’t happen.
      "

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Baker's never been good without a good running game. Baker being good and Rhule keeping his job is seemingly dependent on how healthy Christian McCaffrey stays this season.

Which is a sucker's bet. McCaffrey gets injured by mid-season, Panthers falter, Rhule's gone after 4 years. That would be my Carolina prediction.
    Dont even have to wait. he is already on their injury report due to a shin issue. he still practiced but how long will he go in the season?

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/statu...210051073?s=21

If Carolina can't run the ball, and teams can drop more players into coverage... I don't think Mayfield's gonna be having quite the resurgence. I don't think he's gonna be terrible, but I don't see him at a Pro Bowl level without a run game supporting him.

According to Russel Wilson, the Seahawks attempted to trade him in 2018 to the Browns.

The team that almost picked him ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    According to Russel Wilson, the Seahawks attempted to trade him in 2018 to the Browns.

The team that almost picked him ...
    Did he block the deal or did the browns? because that seems like a Browns thing to do.

meanwhile I never thought I would see a sports broadcaster I hate more then Joe Buck. Then all the sudden Jac Collinsworth walks in.

If Carolina does better than 8-9, I'll be surprised. Thing is with Baker, he probably thinks this is his chance to prove everyone wrong and that it was the Browns and not him. Which is basically true. But what he may not realize is that no one in Carolina sees him as this big savior come to make everything right and they also aren't going to hold out hope for him to improve if this year is a bust.

This could easily be Baker's swan song.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Did he block the deal or did the browns? because that seems like a Browns thing to do.

meanwhile I never thought I would see a sports broadcaster I hate more then Joe Buck. Then all the sudden Jac Collinsworth walks in.
    He didn't say.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If Carolina does better than 8-9, I'll be surprised. Thing is with Baker, he probably thinks this is his chance to prove everyone wrong and that it was the Browns and not him. Which is basically true. But what he may not realize is that no one in Carolina sees him as this big savior come to make everything right and they also aren't going to hold out hope for him to improve if this year is a bust.

This could easily be Baker's swan song.
    Thak god he has all that At home with Baker money to fall back on.

What I want to see is the at home with Baker where he is broke, his wife left him, he is wearing his 3 sizes too small jersey watching Tom Brady win Super Bowl number 15 yelling "That could have been me!"