Page 7 of 173 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If Carolina can't run the ball, and teams can drop more players into coverage... I don't think Mayfield's gonna be having quite the resurgence. I don't think he's gonna be terrible, but I don't see him at a Pro Bowl level without a run game supporting him.
    I’m not familiar with Carolina’s depth chart at running back, but, you’d think the Panthers would have a reliable backup plan, given McCaffrey’s injury history.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

La "Fans" Watching the game right now

"This is not what we signed up for a week before the Super Bowl Damn it!"
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

On Sunday New York will have 2 games each on CBS and Fox. Usually we only get the Giants and Jets. And no alternate games.. I hope this portends more Sundays like that for the coming season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hardly the cleanest of season openers as both teams have made mistakes on offense, and the first half ends with a 10-10 tie.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

How many turn overs already? 4, 5?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Some of which were on tipped balls.

But Josh is doing his thing against the Rams defense. 31 points now. No punts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Final total was seven, I believe. Buffalo with 2 INTs, 2 fumbles. Rams with 3 INTs.

I have to look at a pass chart, but it would seem that the story of this game is "Matt Stafford leading the Rams offense means throwing short to Cooper Kupp or Tyler Higbee and hoping they get a first down". He didn't throw downfield, and the press is going to discuss if his elbow injury is getting to him enough to affect his game.

Also, Buffalo was getting way more YPC when they did run the ball. Rams averaged less than 4 yards a carry. Henderson never really broke loose.

The Rams O-Line was revamped this offseason, what with Andrew Whitworth retiring at left tackle. The new offensive line gave up 7 sacks to the Bills.

The Rams are not a lock in the NFC West right now. They might have some problems with their offense.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-08-2022 at 09:21 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well, seemed like a typical deflated performance post-Super Bowl. The Rams are going to have trouble getting their new team to gel. Bills did not exactly pick right up where they left off, but they seem destined for great things this year.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fucking Cam Akers got me didily squat in fantasy points SMH

SIDEBAR: after reflecting on this game, this kinda reminds me of when the Raiders played the Bills a couple of years back. They were pretty much tied till the end of the 3rd quarter and the Raiders glitched for a second and about 5 min later the Bills were up by 10. Once they get another team to make a mistake they punish them for it.

Although I think there was about 8 turnovers between the two teams
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Final total was seven, I believe. Buffalo with 2 INTs, 2 fumbles. Rams with 3 INTs.

I have to look at a pass chart, but it would seem that the story of this game is "Matt Stafford leading the Rams offense means throwing short to Cooper Kupp or Tyler Higbee and hoping they get a first down". He didn't throw downfield, and the press is going to discuss if his elbow injury is getting to him enough to affect his game.

Also, Buffalo was getting way more YPC when they did run the ball. Rams averaged less than 4 yards a carry. Henderson never really broke loose.

The Rams O-Line was revamped this offseason, what with Andrew Whitworth retiring at left tackle. The new offensive line gave up 7 sacks to the Bills.

The Rams are not a lock in the NFC West right now. They might have some problems with their offense.
    The Bills defense was playing nickel with 2 high safeties taking away the deep routes all night. The Bills scheme was forcing Stafford into the short and intermediate routes. Whenever they had deep routes they were well covered. Stafford tried to force it once with zero success. After that they settled for the shorter routes the rest of the night. It also looked like their secondary receivers (Robinson and the corps of slot receives they tried to use) were not running crisp routes or getting any separation to give Stafford a chance to throw to them, so he was limited to Kupp, Higbee and the running backs as options most of the night. I think it was more a case of the scheme and play of the Bills D taking away the deep stuff than Stafford being limited physically. Not to mention the pressure the Bills had all night meaning Stafford had to get rid of the ball quickly and here was little time for the deep routes to develop.

I don't like Collinsworth as a color guy all that much, but he was harping on the Bills safeties and scheme taking the deep stuff away form Stafford a good bit of the night.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I don't like Collinsworth as a color guy all that much, but he was harping on the Bills safeties and scheme taking the deep stuff away form Stafford a good bit of the night.

-M
    Collinsworth needed to go away a decade ago.

Collinsworth needed to go away a decade ago.
    NBC needs to redo their broadcasting department.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    NBC needs to redo their broadcasting department.
    I did see that their pregame show just got Larry Fitzgerald in the mix, and frankly, I'm curious to see how much personality he brings into the mix. His analysis is remarkable, but it's not exactly the personality you get out of say, the TNT "Inside the NBA" guys, or in the NFL, someone like Terry Bradshaw or Howie Long.

Competent, undoubtedly. The entertainment angle is going to be the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The Bills defense was playing nickel with 2 high safeties taking away the deep routes all night. The Bills scheme was forcing Stafford into the short and intermediate routes. Whenever they had deep routes they were well covered. Stafford tried to force it once with zero success. After that they settled for the shorter routes the rest of the night. It also looked like their secondary receivers (Robinson and the corps of slot receives they tried to use) were not running crisp routes or getting any separation to give Stafford a chance to throw to them, so he was limited to Kupp, Higbee and the running backs as options most of the night. I think it was more a case of the scheme and play of the Bills D taking away the deep stuff than Stafford being limited physically. Not to mention the pressure the Bills had all night meaning Stafford had to get rid of the ball quickly and here was little time for the deep routes to develop.
    Sorry, I forgot to also note that the Bills got those 7 sacks without having to blitz. A 4 man rush was getting a sack on about every seventh dropback. That is remarkable results.

So here's the good news for the Rams, at least. They probably won't go to 0-2 and be in panic mode, because I looked at the Week 2 schedule and saw they have the Falcons coming up. That's a "get right" game if there ever was one.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sorry, I forgot to also note that the Bills got those 7 sacks without having to blitz. A 4 man rush was getting a sack on about every seventh dropback. That is remarkable results.

So here's the good news for the Rams, at least. They probably won't go to 0-2 and be in panic mode, because I looked at the Week 2 schedule and saw they have the Falcons coming up. That's a "get right" game if there ever was one.
    Teams tend to watch the schemes used that worked. The Rams need to really get things going with better routes ran since Atlanta will try to force Stafford to throw short.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.