Page 8 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Teams tend to watch the schemes used that worked. The Rams need to really get things going with better routes ran since Atlanta will try to force Stafford to throw short.
    Atlanta's pass rush doesn't hold a candle to Buffalo's. I don't think they could execute that game plan and win with the same personnel.

Plus, McVay is not known to be a stubborn coach, and doesn't just bash his head into a wall again and again when something fails. Pretty sure there's going to be a discussion during the next 9 days about how to block better, and to get Stafford to target a WR not named Kupp. (He targeted Kupp 15 times, and all his other WRs combined saw just 10 targets.)

I don't think any of us will put the Rams in crisis mode for losing to another team picked as a Super Bowl contender by 3 TDs. One game sample size, and all that. We'll see if the sports media has "overreaction takes" on the morning shows or not.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Atlanta's pass rush doesn't hold a candle to Buffalo's. I don't think they could execute that game plan and win with the same personnel.

Plus, McVay is not known to be a stubborn coach, and doesn't just bash his head into a wall again and again when something fails. Pretty sure there's going to be a discussion during the next 9 days about how to block better, and to get Stafford to target a WR not named Kupp. (He targeted Kupp 15 times, and all his other WRs combined saw just 10 targets.)

I don't think any of us will put the Rams in crisis mode for losing to another team picked as a Super Bowl contender by 3 TDs. One game sample size, and all that. We'll see if the sports media has "overreaction takes" on the morning shows or not.
    Agreed on all fronts. Buffalo played tough while L.A. couldn't get out of first gear. And yes, chances are there will be overreaction out the wazoo to the Rams' loss this morning.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Of course they will. it was a bad game for The Rams (And not the greatest for the Bills) And it shows just how much Stafford depends on Kupp. Shut down Kupp and you shut down the Rams. At least last night it seemed. And they are going to talk a lot about his Elbow and if that is a problem for the year.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Was just listening to NFL Radio on Sirius, had it confirmed, out of Stafford's 41 pass attempts, only 7 traveled more than ten yards. He didn't have time to look downfield.

And, for what it's worth, one of the big criticisms of Stafford his entire career is that he locks in on one receiver he trusts. Megatron got the bulk of his targets in Detroit. Now in LA, it's Kupp.

A note that I heard as well... Rams CB Jalen Ramsey got beat on a long TD by Stephon Diggs. That's significant because including the playoffs, in four of his past six games, Jalen Ramsey has been beat deep by speedy receivers. That isn't a one game sample, they're asking the question, legitimately, if he's lost a step, and this is the beginning of a down-slide in his career.

Wondering if Arizona tests him with Hollywood Brown and/or Rondale Moore in Week 3.

The Rams always seemed like a good team with a great post season, along with some lucky breaks. Not an all league dominating team that is a shoe in for the SB. Buffalo, on the other hand, is a SB contender and no doubt one of the top 3 AFC teams.

I always saw last year as a dream season for LA and not something they would repeat.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Dak seems to have hurt his ankle in practice. He is blaming his shoes and that his Jordan 11's reaggravated his ankle and that it is no big deal.

Im calling BS on that. I think he hurt his ankle and is trying to spin it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Rams always seemed like a good team with a great post season, along with some lucky breaks. Not an all league dominating team that is a shoe in for the SB. Buffalo, on the other hand, is a SB contender and no doubt one of the top 3 AFC teams.

I always saw last year as a dream season for LA and not something they would repeat.
    Fair. They also had Miller and Donald playing out of their mind during fourth quarters all through the playoffs. Which basically made up for mistakes by guys like Ramsey (I don't buy into the hype on this guy). And they had a very hungry OBJ, who brought it as good as he has ever done in his career.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Dak seems to have hurt his ankle in practice. He is blaming his shoes and that his Jordan 11's reaggravated his ankle and that it is no big deal.

Im calling BS on that. I think he hurt his ankle and is trying to spin it.
    I agree, and I'm worried. It doesn't sound good. New cleats caused pain in a surgically repaired ankle?

I can tell this is going to be a long year for us Dallas fans. Again. Plus Dak's future could be in jeopardy.

Hopefully I'm just over reacting.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I agree, and I'm worried. It doesn't sound good. New cleats caused pain in a surgically repaired ankle?

I can tell this is going to be a long year for us Dallas fans. Again. Plus Dak's future could be in jeopardy.

Hopefully I'm just over reacting.
    As someone who has dealt with foot issues (plantar fasciitis), let me tell you poor fitting footgear (too tight, too loose, too narrow, too wide, support in the wrong place, etc.) can have a huge impact on pain levels without actually increasing the severity of the issue. Breaking in new shoes can be especially painful. If the shoe fit changed the way the ankle was supported, it would cause pain without necessarily causing damage. Not saying there is nothing to worry about, but a lot of people are panicking because they discredit how much the wrong shoe can impact pain thresholds when you have had foot issues before. Sometimes just changing to a better show solves the problem. sometimes it takes a day for the flare up to subside after trying to be active with the wrong shoe. I am skeptical the ankle was damaged, but it's possible. More likely it was a case of the wrong shoe spiking the pain level beyond tolerance levels and needing a change and time for that to subside. Once you have a foot issue, you are never really pain free again, it's just a matter of what your tolerance level is, and little things (like a new shoe) can spike those levels temporarily. I hope that's all this is.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    As someone who has dealt with foot issues (plantar fasciitis), let me tell you poor fitting footgear (too tight, too loose, too narrow, too wide, support in the wrong place, etc.) can have a huge impact on pain levels without actually increasing the severity of the issue. Breaking in new shoes can be especially painful. If the shoe fit changed the way the ankle was supported, it would cause pain without necessarily causing damage. Not saying there is nothing to worry about, but a lot of people are panicking because they discredit how much the wrong shoe can impact pain thresholds when you have had foot issues before. Sometimes just changing to a better show solves the problem. sometimes it takes a day for the flare up to subside after trying to be active with the wrong shoe. I am skeptical the ankle was damaged, but it's possible. More likely it was a case of the wrong shoe spiking the pain level beyond tolerance levels and needing a change and time for that to subside. Once you have a foot issue, you are never really pain free again, it's just a matter of what your tolerance level is, and little things (like a new shoe) can spike those levels temporarily. I hope that's all this is.

-M
    Also someone with (repeat) foot issues. A rolled ankle may get a scoff usually, but that can easily lead to torn ligaments and what not. And sometimes, the foot may not heal from surgery for no apparent reason, greatly delaying any improvement to it.

Seriously, foot injuries suck.

I hereby promise not to poke the bear too much with Arizona facing Kansas City this weekend, out of respect for Super-E, our forum's most prominent Chiefs-honk.

Also because/ I think Arizona's losing by double digits.

-Patrick Mahomes has 13 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 71% completion percentage in four Season Openers that he's played, all wins for KC.
    - Arizona has an injury-laden CB room. Byron Murphy's fighting through an illness, Antonio Hamilton is out after having a deep fryer explode and shoot hot oil all over his feet (may be back for Week 2), and recently acquired Trayvon Mullen is out with a calf strain.
    - JJ Watt, as always, is questionable on the injury report. Marcus Golden will play with a bad toe that he dropped a kettle bell on earlier in the preseason.
    - Arizona also is down in their WR room. DeAndre Hopkins is on that six game suspension, Rondale Moore tweaked his hamstring, and at TE, Zach Ertz is questionable.

Only way the Cardinals even make it close is if they can successfully grind the clock with James Conner, Darrell Williams, & Eno Benjamin to move the chains and not get into a shootout with Mahomes. I don't care how much they paid Kyler, if they try and play pinball with the CB room they're gonna have, they're gonna lose, and lose badly.

My prediction, some teams and players will have great games and some will have awful games. Leading pundits and prognosticators to declare that so and so is a favorite for the Super Bowl and the other is done for the season, they will be wrong on both counts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My Week 1 Prediction? I will over eat on Chicken Tenders and fries and declare to the world Never again! And I will stand by that until next week

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My Week 1 Prediction? I will over eat on Chicken Tenders and fries and declare to the world Never again! And I will stand by that until next week
    I hope they are air fried, don't want you to turn into fullsizeblob.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I hope they are air fried, don't want you to turn into fullsizeblob.
    Babyblob is going healthy and they baked

And I lost 2.5 pounds last week. I am going from baby Blob to innie weenie Blob. Puts me down 18 for the year
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-11-2022 at 08:41 AM.