Page 85 of 173 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2583

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    This Monday night game is getting interesting...
    Another Brady come from behind?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Another Brady come from behind?
    There ya have it.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Rather annoying. The Saints should've put that game but didn't.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Sad to see my number two team The Saints go down. Brady is a monster and if you give him more then 10 seconds on the clock he will come from behind.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Two days after AJ Brown torched Tennessee to the tune of 8 catches for 119 yards and 2 touchdowns, the Titans fired General Manager Jon Robinson today. Word had it head coach Mike Vrabel didn’t want Brown traded, but Robinson did it anyway, and Brown got his revenge. To paraphrase an old saying, hell hath no fury like a wide receiver scorned by his old team.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's being reported that the Cowboys have concerns about OBJ's recovery after his visit and physical and are worried he would not really be ready to play before mid-January this season so would not be able to make an impact on this season's playoff pursuit and run. Jones has drafted/signed players with health concerns in the past and red-shirted them looking at the long term, but in this case the Cowboys are looking for someone to make an immediate impact, so I have doubts OBJ winds up with a star on his helmet.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Baker Mayfield to my Rams. Whelp, that happened:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-qb-needy-rams

Our season is done, and he's not a has-been. He'll be way better than Wolford and Perkins for the Rams. Maybe he can even help us beat the 49ers. Honestly this didn't even cross my mind as a possibility but I'm kind of excited now about this and it should make the team more interesting at least.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-06-2022 at 02:53 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Our season is done, and he's not a has-been. He'll be way better than Wolford and Perkins for the Rams. Maybe he can even help us beat the 49ers. Honestly this didn't even cross my mind as a possibility but I'm kind of excited now about this and it should make the team more interesting at least.
    Just saw that. I knew Stafford was done for the season, but it makes me wonder a bit about his future-with multiple head and neck traumas his health could be an issue moving forward and that might impact his post-football life. He's already got his ring, so does he have enough incentive to take the risk to come back after these injuries? Rams gave up a lot of draft capital to bring him in, so don't have the picks to try to get an heir apparent in the draft next year, so is claiming Mayfield a reach to try to find a bridge until they can find Stafford's successor whether or not he comes back next year?

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Reports also that Jimmy G does not need surgery and could be available to the Niners for the playoffs.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Just saw that. I knew Stafford was done for the season, but it makes me wonder a bit about his future-with multiple head and neck traumas his health could be an issue moving forward and that might impact his post-football life. He's already got his ring, so does he have enough incentive to take the risk to come back after these injuries? Rams gave up a lot of draft capital to bring him in, so don't have the picks to try to get an heir apparent in the draft next year, so is claiming Mayfield a reach to try to find a bridge until they can find Stafford's successor whether or not he comes back next year?

-M
    Could be that Stafford takes his ring and leaves. Not sure he has anything more to prove or more to gain as an NFL QB and he's 34 years old. It took a very special set of circumstances to get LA to win that Super Bowl last year, and that kind of lightning in a bottle is not something that can be just duplicated. So yes he's got to be thinking about calling it a day at this point.

Browns and Panthers weren't exactly the place for a young, talented QB to develop their full potential. I'd like to think that Mayfield will connect with McVay and find his groove. We know it will be tough for him due to the Rams o-line woes. But still we could see some of the old Baker again. If so, then he could be talked about as a successor.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-06-2022 at 04:15 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Could be that Stafford takes his ring and leaves. Not sure he has anything more to prove or more to gain as an NFL QB and he's 34 years old. It took a very special set of circumstances to get LA to win that Super Bowl last year, and that kind of lightning in a bottle is not something that can be just duplicated. So yes he's got to be thinking about calling it a day at this point.

Browns and Panthers weren't exactly the place for a young, talented QB to develop their full potential. I'd like to think that Mayfield will connect with McVay and find his groove. We know it will be tough for him due to the Rams o-line woes. But still we could see some of the old Baker again. If so, then he could be talked about as a successor.
    And if it's next year, Cooper Kupp can do a lot to make a QB look better.

-M

If nothing else, the Rams just screwed the 49ers out of signing him as a QB until Jimmy G is back to 100% health.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I have been sustaining myself this season by just trying to laugh at the widely circulated Russel Wilson "Let's Ride" memes. In my 4 decades I've never witnessed such a disaster as a fan.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to NFL.com only the LA Rams bid to get Baker Mayfield. The 49ers did not put in a claim for him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well as one article claims the Raiders , Broncos and Chargers spent over a billion dollars in player and coach moves to beat Kansas City.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.